“Peaceful oasis just as expected” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Edge

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Edge
Save Saved
You added The Edge to your Saves list
201-60th Street in the Bay, Fager's Island, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #34 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Annapolis, Maryland
“Peaceful oasis just as expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My fourth trip back to the Edge, this time in the Bali room. The relaxing views of the bay, and the "oasis" feeling in the midst of the Ocean City " roar" is just what I wanted. Stay here, and walk to Fager;s if you get hungry, and you can avoid the crowds and traffic. Featherbed and comfortable sofa, everything you might need. The complaints about ants and such seem totally unfounded - no problems - no ants. Seems like soneone conplained too much! Staff very helpful and attentive. The evening turndown with chocolates and candles, and a breakfast foods each morning add to the ability to tuck in and relax.

Will be back again next year - wouldn't chose anywhere else in Ocean City!

Room Tip: The Bali is a bit smnaller, not two levels, but great views.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed in #3, the suite called Bliss. The view of the bay is stunning. The decor, the large rooms, the bathroom, were all luxurious. We enjoyed the balcony. Every staff person we encountered was very pleasant and helpful. Upon checking in, we were handed peach sangria and were told that homemade chocolate chip cookies are put out in the great room every afternoon - delicious. Everything was top-notch... except the air conditioning unit. It was more like one we'd encounter at the Holiday Inn Express - buzzing on and off all night, waking us up. And the bed was soft, too soft, we thought. Not a great night's sleep either of the two nights we were there. Still, a good choice for a luxury hotel if the a/c and bed aren't an issue for you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This was a very nice relaxing weekend. As the parents of 2 young kids it was much needed! We stayed at the Lighthouse for our honeymoon 8 years ago and this time we stayed at the Edge.We stayed in the #9 and the view of the bay was amazing. Our room was very comfortable and had everything we needed. We enjoyed our continental breakfast and coffee on the balcony overlooking the bay. We had an excellent dinner at Fager's Island, courtesy of reservations made at the front desk. Seacrets and Macky's are within walking distance. The only suggestion I have is to extend the room service hours. We were surprised that the latest we could order room service was 8:45PM while the restaurant is open much later. We will definitely be back!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Gimignano, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed last week and after seeing the two previous reviews about ants and bed bugs, I was very worried. I needn't have been. The room was very clean and no sign of any bugs. The furnishings were gorgeous - the view was beautiful as well. We couldn't have had a better trip. AWESOME!

Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We have stayed both in the lighthouse and the edge. We have come every summer. This summer was less than terrible.

When we returned from dinner Saturday evening, our first night, we were greeted by lots of tiny black ants crawling on the sink, the glasses, and the bread that was left for our morning breakfast. It was around 11:20pm, there was no one in the office, so I used my mini pack of lysol wipes to clean the entire sink area. We also found some on the duvet cover on the bed. I left a note for the housekeeper and was told the next morning (Sunday) that they sprayed. We were not able to eat the bread and I did not feel comfortable eating the fruit, so we had to go out for breakfast.

Monday morning we went out for some shopping around 8am, and I placed “service please” on the door. We returned around noon. I called 5901 and asked when housekeeping would be by. Mary told me that they don’t come in until 10am and they would be there when they could, as they were having lunch. We went to the pool and returned by 1:30pm. Ants again, all over. There were chocolate covered strawberries that we had left for housekeeping to toss. They were in the fridge with a note. Upon our return, they were on the counter with lots of ants. Ants were everywhere. In the coffee and tea bags, around the sink and on the glasses. My husband went to find someone to help and I went to the Lighthouse and asked to move rooms. At first, Mary said they cleaned it up and I shouldn’t leave food out, and it was fine. I said no way. I will not stay with ants, especially since they were there Saturday also. It seems as though there is an infestation of some sort. We also saw they crawling outside along the wall of the Riviera and up the stairs.

We moved to the Bliss room, which was directly over the pool, which left us with little to no privacy.

There was no one around when we checked out. A younger man came out of the towel room and told me to write down my name. Mary would send me a receipt. No one helped with bags.

I wrote to explain this to John Fager, owner. He never returned my calls. I did receive an email in which he blamed all on "Murphy's Rule"

Please do not stay here. This was our one year anniversary and although we had a great time in OC, the Edge has seen better days.

Washington, D.C.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The Edge used to be our favorite place in OC as the suites are high-end and gorgeous, but we will never return. This happened on our 20th anniversary get away. We found them shortly after turning off the lights in bed. I'll spare the details - but what a bloody mess. We were so grossed out that we ended up driving back to Washington that night getting in at 3 in the morning. There was no way we were going to stay in any other room at the place. The management confirmed that they were indeed bed bugs and were extremely apologetic and refunded our money. they said this was the first time in the Edge's history that this occurred. We ended up either dry cleaning everything we brought or super heating in the dryer so that the bugs would be killed and not infest our home. Management said they would pay our dry cleaning bill, but we have not received anything yet. Hopefully, this is an isolated event, but wanted to post this in case anybody else has issues in the future.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have to admit, I was a little apprehensive about what I would encounter with the staff based on previous reviews. Everyone I had contact with was very friendly and went out of their way to help. We stayed in the contemporary room and it was amazing! The room is off to the side a bit so it is very private, I recommend it. Someone had mentioned the windows were made so you cannot see in from the outside, this is not true. The room was very clean, and the room was cleaned twice a day. The fridge was stocked with water and soft drinks. The only complaint I have is the parking. The hotel is right next to Fagers Restaurant and at night, a lot of the restaurant guests park in the hotel lot. Luckily we stayed in at night otherwise we would have had to park down the street.

Room Tip: Room 5 and the one above it (not sure of the number) are more private as they do not face the pool a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Edge? Share your experiences!