“Fabulous!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Edge

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Edge
You added The Edge to your Saves list
201-60th Street in the Bay, Fager's Island, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #39 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
San Gimignano, Italy
“Fabulous!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed last week and after seeing the two previous reviews about ants and bed bugs, I was very worried. I needn't have been. The room was very clean and no sign of any bugs. The furnishings were gorgeous - the view was beautiful as well. We couldn't have had a better trip. AWESOME!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We have stayed both in the lighthouse and the edge. We have come every summer. This summer was less than terrible.

When we returned from dinner Saturday evening, our first night, we were greeted by lots of tiny black ants crawling on the sink, the glasses, and the bread that was left for our morning breakfast. It was around 11:20pm, there was no one in the office, so I used my mini pack of lysol wipes to clean the entire sink area. We also found some on the duvet cover on the bed. I left a note for the housekeeper and was told the next morning (Sunday) that they sprayed. We were not able to eat the bread and I did not feel comfortable eating the fruit, so we had to go out for breakfast.

Monday morning we went out for some shopping around 8am, and I placed “service please” on the door. We returned around noon. I called 5901 and asked when housekeeping would be by. Mary told me that they don’t come in until 10am and they would be there when they could, as they were having lunch. We went to the pool and returned by 1:30pm. Ants again, all over. There were chocolate covered strawberries that we had left for housekeeping to toss. They were in the fridge with a note. Upon our return, they were on the counter with lots of ants. Ants were everywhere. In the coffee and tea bags, around the sink and on the glasses. My husband went to find someone to help and I went to the Lighthouse and asked to move rooms. At first, Mary said they cleaned it up and I shouldn’t leave food out, and it was fine. I said no way. I will not stay with ants, especially since they were there Saturday also. It seems as though there is an infestation of some sort. We also saw they crawling outside along the wall of the Riviera and up the stairs.

We moved to the Bliss room, which was directly over the pool, which left us with little to no privacy.

There was no one around when we checked out. A younger man came out of the towel room and told me to write down my name. Mary would send me a receipt. No one helped with bags.

I wrote to explain this to John Fager, owner. He never returned my calls. I did receive an email in which he blamed all on "Murphy's Rule"

Please do not stay here. This was our one year anniversary and although we had a great time in OC, the Edge has seen better days.

Washington, D.C.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The Edge used to be our favorite place in OC as the suites are high-end and gorgeous, but we will never return. This happened on our 20th anniversary get away. We found them shortly after turning off the lights in bed. I'll spare the details - but what a bloody mess. We were so grossed out that we ended up driving back to Washington that night getting in at 3 in the morning. There was no way we were going to stay in any other room at the place. The management confirmed that they were indeed bed bugs and were extremely apologetic and refunded our money. they said this was the first time in the Edge's history that this occurred. We ended up either dry cleaning everything we brought or super heating in the dryer so that the bugs would be killed and not infest our home. Management said they would pay our dry cleaning bill, but we have not received anything yet. Hopefully, this is an isolated event, but wanted to post this in case anybody else has issues in the future.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have to admit, I was a little apprehensive about what I would encounter with the staff based on previous reviews. Everyone I had contact with was very friendly and went out of their way to help. We stayed in the contemporary room and it was amazing! The room is off to the side a bit so it is very private, I recommend it. Someone had mentioned the windows were made so you cannot see in from the outside, this is not true. The room was very clean, and the room was cleaned twice a day. The fridge was stocked with water and soft drinks. The only complaint I have is the parking. The hotel is right next to Fagers Restaurant and at night, a lot of the restaurant guests park in the hotel lot. Luckily we stayed in at night otherwise we would have had to park down the street.

Room Tip: Room 5 and the one above it (not sure of the number) are more private as they do not face the pool a...
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

The scenery of the bay is absolutly amazing here. We previously stayed at the Lighthouse and loved it. The view from the Riviera is even better! The pictures speak for themselves.

Room Tip: Loved the view from the Riviera. It is on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Beautiful room, scenery, location, great price.
From the time you walk to the reception desk, to the time you check out, eerything's top notch.
We loved the privacy of the romantic room - set up with 2 robes, 4 poster bed, hot tub overlooking the bay, and a glass-walled shower!

Room Tip: Weekdays cheaper than weeknights. Call them if you have questions about the room themes -- they'...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Woodbine, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Booked the Penthouse, had the reservation and then they took it away !! Tried to switch me to another room AFTER the reservation was confirmed!! Had stayed there more than 5 times and this is what they do to (formerly) loyal customer!!?? Manager offered to "make it right" by promising to send me a 2 night free coupon. NEVER SENT IT !! BAIT, SWITCH AND LIES !
STAY AWAY !!!

Room Tip: Go to the Hilton!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple