“Quiet, friendly, pet-friendly retreat near the ocean” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #23 of 107 hotels in Ocean City
Washington, DC
“Quiet, friendly, pet-friendly retreat near the ocean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel three times now. Every time it has been wonderful. The staff is very friendly and gracious from check in till check out. They are pet-friendly and even offer dog treats at the front desk! The rooms are quiet and always very clean. I woke up late for breakfast one day but one of the wonderful staff people offered to go in the back and get me a banana and a yogurt. I stay here because I like to go to Assateague Island which is about 10 miles away but it is very close to downtown Ocean City too. Lots of restaurant and shopping options are close by as well. There is a lot to choose from hotel-wise when you go to Ocean City but give this hotel a chance...they do not disappoint!

Room Tip: Call ahead and tell them you have a pet to bring along...they need to know so that they can keep all...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Rahman C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ocean City, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful response! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Comfort Suites, Ocean City, MD. We strive for customer satisfaction, even to our furry friends that visit us! Altough our breakfast hours are from 6:30 to 9:30 AM, Im very pleased to hear that one of our breakfast attendants treated you well. We hope you come visit us again in the future! Have a great day!

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Barnegat, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Booked over internet 2 days before in Florida. Got the king suite for only $79.95 for the night. Hotel is very clean, quality help, great room. Of course, breakfast was excellent. Places to have dinner were in walking distance, or go to the boardwalk and more selections. Will go back when we get the chance. Real class at a moderate price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We can not thank you enough for your excellent rating of our hotel. Our staff takes great pride in knowing you enjoyed your stay in such a positive way. We hope that you will share the news of our hotel with others and choose us again when visiting Ocean City, MD! Have a wonderful day!
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We checked in duing rain/snow/lack of power/tired/hungry/wet and many other descriptive words. Jay checked us in quickly helped us find a great food delivery, got me extra towels because everything was wet lol and was in general very helpful. All hotel employees should be as helpful! Thank you Comfort Inn and Jay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
THANK YOU so much for taking a moment to write about your wonderful stay with us! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate your kind words about our staff. Customer service is our number one priority at the Comfort Suites, Ocean City, MD. We look forward to your next visit with us!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

ok I can not say how much I loved this hotel I went a few years ago and it was amazing!! The staff was really friendly,the
morning breakfest was something I didnt except!!;),and I Loved!!!! there pool!!! I do not have even have 1 bad thing to say about this hotel!!! I also took my dog with me I went with my family so I didnt want ti leave my little baby home and even I could see that he liked the hotel!!!:) And when I went to go relax in the pool the staff was nice enough to let my dig come to the pool with me (just not in the pool) And that hotel had a little park in the back for kids and a gym,and an arcida!! The hotel was also very close to the beach so we would walk there!!! Now I highly recomade thus hotel its perfect for u and your family!!
p.s this year im going with my best friend!!!:)

• Stayed June 2012
THANK YOU so much for taking a moment to write about your wonderful stay with us! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at Comfort Suites, Ocean City, MD! Our guest’s comfort is one of our number one goals!! As well as our furry friends! We look forward to your next visit with us!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was my first time staying in a Comfort Suites. While I was very apprehensive at first (Ocean City was sold out, so I had no choice), I was pleasantly surprised! Spacious room and comfortable beds! Decent hotel for the value!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Rahman C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ocean City, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for writing about your positive experience with us! We're happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll come back to see us soon
Branchport, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I reserved the Ocean City Comfort Suites based on Tripadvisor reviews and my previous experience with other Comfort Suites. Well, I'd like to know how many of the so called "unbiased" reviews were in fact paid for by Choice Hotels. This place is a dump. I had to ask for a different room after the first one reeked of cigarette smoke. And that was after a twenty minute wait to get checked in on a Monday afternoon. And while the room has a refrigerator and microwave, I wouldn't consider this room a suite, It's one big room. Everything about the room screamed cheap. Plastic junky looking ice bucket, cheap plastic glasses, cheap toiletries. Cookies were available in the lobby early afternoon but soon disappeared. Breakfast was skimpy at best. Hallway carpet had huge stains on both the second and third floor. One of the outside doors never locked. For your next Ocean City stay, look elsewhere especially in the off season.. If I had thought I could get my money back, and go elsewhere, I would have.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Rahman C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ocean City, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
A guest’s comments are always very important to us as they let us know how we measured up to their expectations. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you encountered at our hotel. We take pride in our smoke free hotel, but sometimes guests smoking in the room is unavoidable and the previous guest in that room was confronted. We do apologize for the smell of smoke in your room, and I am happy to hear our staff moved you to a more enjoyable room. Our hotel is still fairly new but we are constantly evolving. We are sorry you didn't enjoy the amenities in your room; it is defiantly a matter that will be looked into. Comfort Suites is working on new renovations to all of our rooms and amenities to make our guests stay more enjoyable. Re guarding the carpet stains, we have recently shampooed every inch of carpet in our hotel for our guests satisfaction. Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you encountered here. We hope you allow us to serve you better in the future.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here in January for a night and were pleasantly surprised. Location is great. Close to the beach but away for less traffic. The room is large and comfortable. There was a kitchen, microwave, and fridge. Bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly and complimentary breakfast a plus. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: King suite very large included a sofa bed.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Ocean City? Share your experiences!