Booked a two-night stay for my family and our small dog for a cheer competition at the OC Convention Center. During the off season (stayed here Nov 30-Dec 2) there are but a handful of hotels in OC that allow pets. This facility is located on the coastal highway about a ten-minute drive from the convention center and is conveniently situated a mere 30 second walk from Dumser's Ice Cream and Shakes (the BEST ice cream) and less than a minutes drive away from an outlet mall, retail shopping centers, fuel stations, and restaurants. Assateague and Chincoteague Islands are also only 20 or so minutes drive away. Check in at the hotel took only about two minutes. The clerk was friendly and advised us about the dog walking area to the rear of the property (large, grassy area with a central pond--hint: bring your own bags to pick up your pet's waste). A covered trash can is on site but some pet owners did not pick up after their pets did their thing. The clerk stated pets were not allowed in the lobby area and that was no problem as our room's hallway had an exit door to the rear where we parked our vehicle (there's ample parking to the facility rear). Our room had two double beds, high ceilings (probably 15 feet), a manually controlled heater/ac unit (the kind where you flip the plastic lid up to access the low heat/high heat/low cool/high cool/fan only control). Desk w/rolling chair (free wifi--easy to connect to) that had a four plug electrical outlet permanently affixed to the wall above the desk (very convenient), new flat screen TV (with cable channels) mounted on the four-drawer dresser, a small (about 3-ft wide) closet with plenty of wooden hangers and a safe within (believe there was an ironing board and iron in there too), a small seating area with two chairs and table. Also included was a small refrigerator located beneath a shelf that had a coffee maker and microwave. The bathroom was large with one sink, a large counter area and built-in hair dryer. The beds and pillows were comfortable. Only complaint being the room's entry door has about a 3/4" gap at the bottom that allows hallway noise to intrude. It didn't wake us up but did keep our dog growling whenever he heard anything outside the door. The complimentary breakfast had bacon, eggs, DIY waffles, assorted juices and fruits, oatmeal, and coffee--a nice start to the day. There is an outdoor pool on site (was closed) and small fitness room. If you're seeking a clean, midscale-grade hotel off the main OC boardwalk area then this may be the place for you. It's conveniently located near OC proper without the large crowds/boardwalk noise. It's a great option if you do travel with pets during the off season. NOTE: If traveling with pets, do not make your reservation on line--you need to call the hotel to let them know so they assure there's space available and that you're placed in a designated pet-OK room. Failure to do so could lead to headaches at check in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Suites® hotel is minutes from the Ocean City Beach and Boardwalk, OC Tanger Outlets, Assateague Island National Seashore, the Roland E. Powell Convention Center, Jolly Roger Amusement Park and the Ocean City Fishing Center.Additional nearby points of interest include:• Ocean Downs Racetrack• Ripley's Believe It or Not! Museum• Ocean City Life-Saving Station MuseumThe hotel is close to several golf courses, a variety of restaurants, entertainment venues and cocktail lounges are located in the surrounding area. The Ocean City Municipal Airport is just eight miles from this Maryland hotel.Your Morning Breakfast is full of hot and delicious options, making breakfast at the Comfort Suites the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and more, including your choice of hot waffle flavors! If you're leaving early, a Your Suite Success™ Grab & Go bag is available for the two hours prior to breakfast.This Ocean City, MD hotel provides guests with many full-service amenities and features, including a free weekday newspaper. Guests will enjoy taking advantage of the on-site fitness center, game room, water slide and seasonal outdoor pool.Business travelers will appreciate conveniences like high-speed Internet access, a business center, and access to copy and fax services.This all-suite hotel features luxuriously appointed suites with coffee makers, refrigerators, microwaves, safes, voice mail, irons, ironing boards and cable television. Keep your electronic devices charged with the recharge device including AC and USB outlets provided in all guest rooms. For that special occasion, ask about rooms with whirlpool bathtubs.The Comfort Suites hotel will make your next trip to Ocean City, Maryland an exciting and memorable experience. Our friendly staff looks forward to serving you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Comfort Suites Ocean City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Ocean City Hotel Ocean City
- Ocean City Comfort Suites