“Pay for what you get.” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Buffet, Late Night, Reservations
“Pay for what you get.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

There is definitely something for everyone. They have just about anything you can ask for. For $34 a person, I was hoping to be 'wowed' by deliciousness, but it was just a bit better than average. The snow crab legs were boiled so they were watery. My boyfriend loved the prime rib. MI tried three different desserts and they were dried out. The service and atmosphere was excellent. Everyone was very friendly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
“Love the variety”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I always try the seafood buffets and have found that this one is one of my favorites. They have a good selection and I really enjoy the crab legs here. It's a little pricey for my liking but really it is comparable in price to any other seafood restaurant in the area.

Visited September 2012
White Plains, New York
“The worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We ususally eat at ok spots from new york to south carolina. I know that everyplace you eat is not going to be good but my god. This place was the worst in the history of eating the only thing that was good was the soda.Also the it was the only thing open at 9pm on a thursday night which was amazing to me.The steak was dry,the potatoes where old the prime rib looked like it was sitting out for 4 days the crab legs full of water and soggy. there is to much to list . the price 120 for 3 adults and a child. CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR THE CRAP.I would not tell anyone to eat there if the food was free and they gave you 50 dollars after your meal.The one good thing and i mean ONE thing was the waiter was a real nice young kid, he was very helpful and was making sure my family had all there needs. I wish he could have said dont eat here.my wife said why was the food all the way in the back thought about it and she was right most spots want you to see how the food looks that should have been a sign. I REPEAT NEVER EAT HERE GO TO THE VENDING MACHINE IN YOUR HOTEL. I know the food will be better.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
redsoxman, Manager at The Bonfire, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
On behalf of the Bonfire Restaurant I sincerely apologize for your recent experience. We have been in business since 1973 and pride ourselves on the meals we serve and service we provide.
We use the largest size clusters of Canadian snow crab legs we can buy and have the equipment and staff to cook them properly. We use a large shrimp (25-30 count) for our steamed shrimp and an equally large shrimp for our fried shrimp. Our prime rib is choice and slow cooked in an oven designed for it. We use a high quality baby back rib and top tier sauce for the ribs we serve. In short, we use good products and work hard to serve them properly. I wish you had given me the chance to address any shortcomings in your dinner the night you were here and hope you will give us another chance if you’re in our area again.
Baltimore, Maryland
“very unhappy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

we usually eat @ the Bon fire 6 times or more a year "But" I will Never give them my business again. The food was good for a high end buffet and the dinning room was clean and plenty of seating the server only came around with one round of drinks soda/tea's and maybe twice to clean the plates from table then when the check arrived, not only did they recommend a $24.00 tip for four of us they ALSO hand wrote the amount of check and Tip on my receipt so all I could do was sign. Furious I spoke to the manager who was not of any help and one of the people we were with came out of the restroom after we left to hear him laughing with his staff about us. I should of realized when we went into the restaurant there was a few people having it out with the staff and then the table behind us was upset also with the manager. Well I am usually a pretty good tipper but for a buffet I think they were way out of range let alone taking the liberty to fill in my receipt.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
redsoxman, Manager at The Bonfire, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I appreciate the comments above but assure you I would never laugh at a customer’s complaint. I am sorry this customer left with that feeling. The amount of the gratuity is printed on the guest’s check and then written in on the credit card receipt – it is a limitation of our computer system and I tried very hard to explain that. In any case, the customer has a copy of the check, with the gratuity, that matches the credit card receipt at all times.
Woodbridge
“OMG!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Called ahead of time to see what the prices was like and was told that Monday was 5 dollars off. We were told by the locals that the food was really good. Boy were they wrong! A very nice and comfortable place for a famliy of 8. The food was horrible and dried up! I asked the cooks in the back were they going to put out fresh food and he said the didn't needed to be updated. The ribs looked as if they were from the day before and the vegs were no comment. Don't beleive the reviews and go somewhere else. Not a good place to eat. 3/25/11

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to The Bonfire? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Bonfire, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.