“Excellent Food, Service and Time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crabcake Factory

Crabcake Factory
12000 Coastal Highway, Ocean City, MD 21842 (Formerly Crabcake Factory Express USA)
410-250-4900
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 345 Restaurants in Ocean City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Eclectic
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Steps from the Beach at 120th Street
Bel Air, Maryland
“Excellent Food, Service and Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Took my girlfriend for her birthday on Saturday 10.13.12; we were warmly greeted and I asked for Kelly as our server. Immediately seated, we were served as though we were royalty. Kelly did a great job and was very attentive to our needs. The Prime Rib was fantastic, huge portion and expertly finished. The Stuffed Lobster tail was also very nicely done and the Crab Cale (yes, I ate it all) was unbelievable- it tasted so good i almost asked for another. Even the Cole Slaw was great- my only complaint is that I wanted more slaw! Our Watermelon crushes were very very good- refreshing to say the least. And our Irish coffees topped off a very nice evening. My only regret is not trying one of the Bloody Mary's- the Bakon Mary looked so delish....The service was top notch- ask for Kelly the nex time there, she is a pro! As Ahnold said "I'll be back".

• Visited October 2012

Pittsburgh
“Expensive, nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Food was average, at best. The crab cakes were too greasy, and the side dishes were unimaginative. For the price, the food should be better. The condiments were empty on our table and surrounding tables, the service was slow. Try someplace else for the money.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
OCJ, General Manager at Crabcake Factory, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
First of all thank you for visiting Crabcake Factory USA. We appreciate you trying us out. I see from your profile that you are from Pittsburgh and you have only reviewed one other restaurant which you also did not care for. I have noticed that you mention price and money three times in a four sentence review. Crabcake Factory is priced right on line with any popular OC restaurant, we are not the cheapest nor are we the most expensive. We do however list all the prices of each item on the menu directly to the right of the explanation. We have not changed our prices on Crabcakes since 2007 and we very rarely have any complaints on pricing. True we are not priced the same as the local Pittsburgh seafood restaurants on the beach but when you are in Ocean City there is an increase in pricing just as in any resort town ore destination with a season.
Your statement that the crabcake was too greasy is really perplexing because over 16 years and millions of crabcakes we have never once fried a crabcake nor is there anything remotely greasy about them. All our crabcakes are broiled making me wonder iif you are even talking about the same place? Every Crabcake Factory platter comes with a choice of two sides which are Salad, Caesar Salad, Baked Potato, French Fries, Kettle Chips, Starch of the Day or Vegetable of the Day. I am sorry the sides are not more imaginative however they have worked for us for the last 16 years. We use only local vegetables, we hand cut our own fries and chips plus always try to switch the starch every day. I'm not sure what your next statement was meant to imply but Crabcake Factory USA is one of the busiest restaurants in OC and I assure you if the condiments were empty we can get you a new bottle of ketchup in a heartbeat or supply you with any condiment you desire without taking from another table. Simply ask a server, hostess, food runner, busser, bartender or manager who were most likely on duty.

In closing I suppose some people are just not meant for Crabcake Factory and it seems we are not your cup of tea. I hope to check back and see some positive reviews that you posted because surely you've eaten at some good places too. I am sorry you did not enjoy your visit and I assure you if you had mentioned any of theses issues to a manager we would have corrected them on the spot. Once again. Thanks!
New York City, New York
“Wonderful Crabcakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were on vacation with some friends and decided to eat here on a Saturday night. We were told the wait would be half an hour which was fine. The host was very rude upon seating us and seemed very agitated that we requested deck seating. However, our server was a sweet young girl. I can't remember her name but she had short hair and a tattoo on her arm. We asked what we should drink and she suggested the shrimp bloody mary and orange crush. So glad we got them. By far the best bloody mary I have ever had. We all ordered the crabcake dinners which were amazing. We have never had crabcake as tasty as the ones we had here. So happy with our dinner and looking forward to returning.

Baltimore, Maryland
“The Best Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have not had a better eggs benedict anywhere! hands down and the Bloody Mary's are awesome as well.

Green, Ohio
“The. Best. Food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We visited for three days and for the first two days, we kept passing by Crabcake Factory and noticed the line of customers spilling out the door no matter what time of day it was. Finally, on the last day, we decided to stop in for breakfast. Oh. My. Gosh. The best eggs benedict I've Ever ate. It's been almost a month since we've visited and my mouth waters just thinking about it. The staff was very friendly. Oh, and the wait? Totally worth it!!

Visited September 2012