“Beautiful outdoor dining experience” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Greensboro, NC
“Beautiful outdoor dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My family and I ate outdoors on a beautiful September night overlooking the bay. Ordered appetizers and crabs. Crabs were so fresh and sweet. Excellent meal. Would go back again and again!

Visited September 2012

Jacksonville, Fl
“Thumbs Down for OC Bahama Mama's”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My friends were visiting from out of town and I wanted them to have the best Maryland crabs available. Not at this restaurant. I called ahead to reserve seats and crabs. We ordered beverages and our food. The beverages arrived and 10 mins. later the crabs. They were NOT hot and steamy and were very dry. The view from the bay deck and balcony was the only thing good. Don't waste your time or $$$.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Virginia
“Ugh”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

OK, so we didn't get the crabs which they are known for. So maybe it's our fault. But the food we did get was not good at all.
The bacon wasn't cooked in our club sandwiches, it was pretty much raw. Plus I found two broken pieces of toothpicks in my sandwich in two different sections.
Soup was just gross.
The flounder sandwich was like a piece of breaded flounder you'd by at a grocery store in the freezer section.
Would not recommend it at all.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Levittown, New York
“Fraud”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My 2 daughter and I just left BAHAMA MAMA and very disappointed. They claimed and voted to have the best crabs in Ocean City. They are such a fraud. We ordered jumbo crabs and was very disappointed. They claimed again that it is about the weight and not the size. I'm not ignorant to not know a crabs with meat or not. Especially we just had crabs a few days ago at Waterman and was very happy with the large. We figure jumbo will be better. Unfortunately this restaurant is trying to pass a medium for jumbo. They have the nerves to charge $70 a dozen, which is ok with me if it's really the jumbo. I have to return our order, pay the crabs we touched (3 crabs) and left in a hurry. We went back to Waterman and ordered the extra large (no jumbo). $49 for a dozen. We are really happy. It is the real extra large. Lots of meat. The people at BAHAMA MAMA should be ashame of themselves for trying to fool people. I wonder why they are still in business.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dover, Delaware
“Not as advertised”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stopped at the BM North OC and was very disappointed with the crabs. Inside they had a display of the sizes of crabs available. We saw what they served for all you can eat and we saw the mediums. So we decided to buy the so-called large and they were more the size of the "all you can eat" Some were barely legal. Also it wasn't very crowded,but when we got our crabs they weren'y even hot. It was like they steamed them way earlier and just had them lying around to serve. Anyway, save your hard earned cash and go somewhere else. Overpriced for sure.