“Don't bother....” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Etters, Pennsylvania
“Don't bother....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I'm not a hard one to please, I can easily look beyond things -but this was downright terrible.
There were 4 ppl in our party. We had waters, 2-daiquiris, the crab dip, Caribbean jerk chicken, and crab ball appetizers, a turkey club, and grilled cheese with fries.
The crab dip appetizer was nasty –the bread was extremely old and hard. There was barely any crab meat and it was mostly mayo & cheese. The Caribbean jerk chicken appetizer had little to no flavor and the serving was 3 small strips.
The crab ball appetizer was good! The turkey club and grilled cheese, both seemed okay! Definitely not worth the cost! The tables and menus were all super sticky and they lacked cleanliness. The place definitely needs a serious clean job! The atmosphere is fine, as long as you are looking at the bay and watching the boaters. There were carts of trash and unused bartending stuff sitting all around the bar –it wasn’t very nice looking. We won’t be returning! Spend the same amount of $$ or less, at Secrets –it’s worth the drive.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Baltimore, MD
“All you can eat crabs. That were not so good.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

The first batch were full of water and very light. They almost taste bad. The second batch were very small but good flavor and good amount of meat. The third batch were very small and so so on meat. $23 per person, I did not receive value for money.

Visited July 2012
Elkridge, Maryland
“July Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Each year we look forward to crabs. Bahama Mama's never disappoints. 2 of our friends don't eat crabs and really enjoyed the shrimp.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
pa
“Wish I had read the review first....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

My husband and our 2 friend went to Bahama Mamas b/c he wanted crabs, but I wish I'd have read the reviews first b/c it was really quite bad. Our waitress was nice, but that didn't make up for the WAAAAAY overpriced and badly prepared food. My husband and I got the assorted appetizer platter, paid $13 for, well, garbage. My crabcakes were lump, but so deep-fried, they were like eating rocks, my husband lobster tails were small, very overcooked and with negligable amts of crab imperial. My friend chickn breasts must have come from very petite chickens, and her boyfriends rockfish wasn't much better. They also managed to incorrectly add our bill, my husband had to explain what they did wrong Veeeery slowly until they got it right, sorry but won't go there again, not worth the time.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Laytonsville, MD
“Just Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Service was horrendous! Way overpriced. You are better off not eating than going to Bahama Mama's.

Visited June 2012