“July Vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Elkridge, Maryland
“July Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Each year we look forward to crabs. Bahama Mama's never disappoints. 2 of our friends don't eat crabs and really enjoyed the shrimp.

• Visited July 2012

pa
“Wish I had read the review first....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

My husband and our 2 friend went to Bahama Mamas b/c he wanted crabs, but I wish I'd have read the reviews first b/c it was really quite bad. Our waitress was nice, but that didn't make up for the WAAAAAY overpriced and badly prepared food. My husband and I got the assorted appetizer platter, paid $13 for, well, garbage. My crabcakes were lump, but so deep-fried, they were like eating rocks, my husband lobster tails were small, very overcooked and with negligable amts of crab imperial. My friend chickn breasts must have come from very petite chickens, and her boyfriends rockfish wasn't much better. They also managed to incorrectly add our bill, my husband had to explain what they did wrong Veeeery slowly until they got it right, sorry but won't go there again, not worth the time.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
new york
“Spectacular sunset”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Wide assortment of crabs at various prices as well as other options. Highlighted by eating on deck over water and watching the sunset over the bay!

• Visited August 2011
Severna Park, MD
“Nothing negative to say”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We have been going to Bahama Mama's since it was the old waterfront restaurant and have never been disappointed. We had Eric for a server this trip and he was very attentive and had a great sense of humor. We got the all you can eat crabs for the first time and for the money they were a very great buy. All the crab soup, which was very tasty, all the corn on the cob which was also very tasty and all the barbecue chicken which only my husband ate and he said it was pretty good. The beer was cold and my grandson got chicken tenders and french fries. Where will we go the next trip for crabs, ( Bahama Mama's) of course.

• Visited June 2012
Dover, Delaware
“DO NOT EAT HERE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We were down in O.C. for the day and decided to try this place.....just don't even waste your time. To start, I ordered rockfish (one of my favorites and a fairly large fish). The plate came with a small filet that was the size of my hand. It was clearly a frozen fish that they microwaved and it was terrible. But the worst of all was that it was not rockfish! When I ask the waiter, all he did was shrug and "Well I punched it in as rockfish." I probably could have picked up a better fish from the walmart frozen section. By sibling ordered a sandwich of which he couldn't even touch (and he eats almost anything). His girlfriend ordered a crab cake sandwich of which she described as "interesting" and proceeded NOT to eat it. My nephew received the all you can eat crabs. Half of them barely had meat in them; although at 8, he didn't seem to complain too much. And to add to the bad food, it was quite a grimy. For this horrible meal? $86.00! I don't mind spending the money, but I expect at least a two star meal.

Please to do not waste your time, stomach, or money on this place. It would be better to purchase some thrasher fries from the boardwalk as a meal.

• Visited June 2012