“Not good” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Annapolis, Maryland
“Not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

1st . this isn't a restaurant, it's a carryout. It's dirty. also important to note.... they ONLY take CASH. when I got there the chef was in the back sneezing and not into his arm just out int the air! our food was already packed up. I only pray he didn't sneeze in our food. We only got some shrimp fried rice and shrimp toast. The shrimp fried rice was OK but the shrimp toast was gross. It was all dried up and the inside was disgusting. I will not go back here.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sunderland, Maryland
“Worst chinese food ever...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was our last meal in Ocean City and everyone had stomach issues to be polite. We all ordered different items from the menu and we all agreed it was not freshly made, most of it was trashed. We stayed at Oceans Pointe, which is a few miles from Happy Chinese and the food was barely warm when we got back, which suggest it was probably reheated leftovers. The "fried rice" was covered in sauce, it looked like they just poured it over white rice. We should have gone to the "Soup Nazi" chinese place!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good Quick Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

The food is consistent, service is quick, prices are good and they're open fairly late.

Visited September 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
“Recommended by locals, now I visit Happy almost every trip to OC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

The place may look a bit old, but that's why the locals recommended it, Happy has been there for more than a decade. If the place isn't good, it'll be out of business already. It's a take out only place which means that they have the best prices because I don't have to pay for all the extra service they tax on at sit in restuarants. The General Tsao's (spelling?) chicken is awesome, honey bbq boneless ribs, and the fried crab cheese wonton are all amazing. The only thing I didn't enjoy is the curry, not like the long stewed coconut milk and cilantro curry from most indian restaurants. Overall, the best chinese food if you want to save some money and planning on a night in at the condo. They also have a good hot and spicy chicken (should be sweet and spicy) that I don't see anywhere else.

• Visited April 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Princess Anne, MD
“My meal was disgusting!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

I recently went to this restaurant for the first time and I was not "happy" at all with my meal. I ordered Crispy Shrimp & Scallops and they gave me Crispy Shrimp. Well, first of all, you'd better bring cash because they don't take credit cards. I had to go to the ATM located inside the restaurant. When I got the food home, I just couldn't believe what I got. The shrimp was in one tray, the sauce in another, separate. When I bit into the shrimp, it was absolutely horrible. It looked and tasted as if they had dipped the shrimp in lots of Elmer's glue before cooking. I literally had to peel off all the crispy stuff on the outside because it wasn't edible. The sauce tasted too strong of vinegar and the fried rice was awful. I will never return to this restaurant again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere