“Great atmosphere and service. Food average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 384 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Irish, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Shenanigan's Bar & Grille is an Irish themed restaurant on the boardwalk overlooking the beach. The only Irish bar in town, we are surrounded by great people and have amazing food. We offer an extensive drink menu, serve traditional Irish dishes, and have an excellent draft beer selection. Come get your Irish on!
Barnegat, New Jersey
“Great atmosphere and service. Food average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I ordered sirloin steak which was good. Mashed potatoes were okay and ample portion of snap peas were included. My boyfriend had fish and chips which he said the fish was dry. Waitress was very good and outside seating was perfect!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Greg S, Owner at Shenanigan's Irish Pub and Grille, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thanks for your review! I'm happy to hear that your experience with us was so great. Next time I assure you your Fish and Chips will be perfect and you and your boyfriend will have a 5-star meal. Hope to see you soon!

Take care,

Greg - Owner

“Try another spot! The service was terrible. It's not the shenanigans of yesteryear!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I loved this place. Not anymore. The service was so bad i would never go back. When we asked our server for more bread for the crab dip she snarled and said it's going to be awhile and she never brought it. The soda was flat. We told her so the co2 tank could be changed. She said that's how it tastes here. She even told us she was very busy when we told her the food was cold. So many places in oc don't go here.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for the feedback. I can promise that the experience you have described is not the norm here. Knowing that you used to love dining with us, I ask that you please do return to give us another chance. We won't let you down.

All the best.

Greg - Owner
New York City, New York
“Great food on the OC Boardwalk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

What goes better after a day at the beach than good food and drink at an Irish pub? My family and I have been eating here since we discovered OC and have never been disappointed. This year was no different. The food was fresh, hot and tasty while the drinks were cool, refreshing and balanced. The staff is great and outside dining is a plus. Don't pass this one up while strolling the OC boardwalk for lunch, dinner or a refreshing beverage.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Greg S, Owner at Shenanigan's Irish Pub and Grille, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
It's always great to hear from our regulars, and I'm glad that our delicious food and refreshing drinks always keep you happy! After all, what's a vacation without good grub? I'm proud that we're one of your OC go-tos, and I can't wait to see you and the family next year, too. All the best — Greg, Owner
Levittown, NY
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

An okay restaurant. Fair prices, good food. The inside seating is a little crowded. I would return again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
"Okay" is not good enough for me, Dan! I'm glad that you'd like to give us another shot, but in the meantime, feel free to share any other feeback you have through the contact section of our website. I appreciate the feedback, and I know we can show you a 5-star time! Take care — Greg, Owner
Ontario
“Pub on the boardwalk with great burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Great Irish pub on the OC boardwalk was really busy but stuff was great accommodated our gluten and dairy allergies we have burger which was cooked perfectly medium my wife had the salmon she was very happyl would go back

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for taking the time to get in touch! I'm glad that our staff could take such great care of you and your wife, especially in accommodating your dietary restrictions. We want all of our guests to be able to enjoy our menu, after all! It sounds like our burger and salmon really hit the spot — I can't wait to hear what you think of some of our other dishes, too. All the best, Greg - Owner