“Small, old, and paper thin walls” 2 of 5 stars

Ocean Lodge Hotel
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   801 North Philadelphia Avenue, Ocean City, MD MD 21842   |
Ranked #94 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Lebanon, Virginia
“Small, old, and paper thin walls”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I knew that for $50 a night, we shouldn't expect much, however, what we got was a very cramped space. The essentials in the room were clean, top cleaned, not spring cleaned. We thought the light fixture in the bathroom was brown, but it was just rust. We were there this April, the window air conditioners were still in the windows, and they had portable heaters. Definitely wouldn't want to be there on a cold day. All the walls were paper thin, we were on the street side and could hear everything. My husband said when the bust went by he could feel the breeze. Bathroom is tiny, tiny. For a quick stay like we had in the off season I could deal. But I know the prices drastically rise in season and I would hate to book and arrive paying that much and ending up there for a week. There is no parking for guests, all street parking, no phone in the room. About the only thing this hotel has going for it, is the proximity to the beach and the boardwalk. And the fact that the bus is right out the front door. We were there for two nights, and had thought someone would at least come in and take out the trash and give us new towels. Guess they don't have housekeeping.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We booked the Ocean Lodge for one night, Rooms were small. Parking lot was very very tight. Good thing I didn't drive my Mini van to OC. Service was good though.

The one BIG issue we had was that my wife contracted head lice from the pillows. We racked our brains and trying to determine where she had been exposed. And the Ocean Lodge is the only exposure she had and immediately started itching the day we check out. I'd recommend they wash their linens more thoroughly.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

My family stayed at Ocean Lodge for 2 nights. My husband, son (10 years old), daughter (1 year old) & myself had a wonderful time. We arrived about 3:45pm, the lady at the front desk was wonderful. Showed me the room, where to park & said if we need anything to let her know. We parked the car (private parking lot) and went in. Walked into the room to find a very clean room, it even smelled clean!!
Room was small, but that was not a problem. I was not living in this room, just a place to shower and sleep at night! Bathroom was very clean, no sand on the floor or in the shower. There was a mini fridge, microwave, flat screen tv (not sure of the channels but we did get Nick and TBS) WIFI, alarm clock & they provide towels!!! That was a huge plus, I didn't have to bring extra! This place is only 2 blocks from the boardwalk! Close enough to walk but far enough away that your not up all night from the boardwalk hoopla! I will defiantly stay at this place again!! Well worth what I paid!

• Stayed August 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Owner is very rude. Room is extremely small! We booked for 3 nights. I wish I would have looked at the room beforehand. The 2 beds filled up the room. My son is 6ft and could barely turn around in the bathroom. Absolutely no room to park. We had to call the owner 2x to come to the front desk. Extremely rude! Told us you get what you pay for. Funny we found a 2 bedroom apt a block from the beach for 25$ more a night! I wouldn't recommend staying here if you prefer room to move around or have more then one person in your group!

• Stayed August 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The two positive things about this place are, it is a close walk to the beach and relatively clean. The beds are terrible and the sheets and carpeting probably has not been updated in ten years. Also, I understand it's a "cheap" stay but our space was incredibly small for supposedly sleeping 4 people. We were also with a group that had the apartment that can sleep up to 10. This space only has one bathroom, and provided no towels. The front desk never told the group they had to bring their own.
The front desk woman is also incredibly rude and unhelpful and despite the fact they knew we had 14 people staying they told us upon arrival we could only have two parking spots. I can only think this place can get away with this because they have this location, and I'm sure many a high school senior willingly pays for these cheap rooms. I've stayed in Ocean City before and trust me for what they charge you can find better.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Silver spring
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I regret paying every penny I gave!!!
Parking is terrible!!
Beds suck PERIOD!!
I paid to stay in a apartment with kitchen and when I show up they say I paid for a STANDARD ROOM! Like really?!! I could have gone somewhere else and any other "STANDARD ROOM" would have at least a bigger bathroom and at least couches too!!
Talk about WIFI!!! They don't have any signal at all!!!
And omg! Don't get me started on cable!!! They don't even have basic channels!!!! You have to pay to watch something!!!! Like really I'm paying enough and for me to pay for anything else ! Yeaaaa
right!!! I'm happy to say I will NEVER COME BACK!!!
Everyone who reads this don't waste your time your better off somewhere else!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Oakland md
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Ants in kitchen. Broken dining furniture. The shower was dirty, had no water pressure, did I say dirty! No towels and not enough bedding provided. Location was great, and staff was friendly, but not helpful.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Ocean Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!