“Horrible shower!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #85 of 107 hotels in Ocean City
Oakland md
“Horrible shower!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Ants in kitchen. Broken dining furniture. The shower was dirty, had no water pressure, did I say dirty! No towels and not enough bedding provided. Location was great, and staff was friendly, but not helpful.

• Stayed July 2014

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I would definitely recommend this hotel. We had a large group of 18 year olds for an entire week and never had one problem. We followed the rules and got along great with the staff and owners. We got our entire security deposit back with a discount offered if we would come back. The owners were extremely kind and helpful. On our way down we were in a car accident which left us with 2 cars out of 3 totaled. My sister had to pick us up and drive us the rest of the way to Maryland and The ocean lodge hotel was very understanding and helpful. They were Even kind enough to let my sister stay with us free of charge for one night because of the circumstances, despite their no guest policy. Our apartment was clean and had plenty of room for a good price. Anyone who had a problem with this hotel was obviously just breaking the rules and now are upset about the consequences.

• Stayed June 2014
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Sounds like the owners have a security deposit scam going on. Keeping $100. of security deposit from teens, stating walls were dirty. Come on..... others have complained about dirty walls. Shame on them.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Irwin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I got to the hotel got to to stay for 6 hrs before they called the police because me and my friend had 2 friends over from 7-8 pm, they called it a occupancy violation and proceeded to evict us from our room, even after I apologized and assured them it wouldn't happen again. I wouldn't waste my money u can find better places in ocean city too stay

• Stayed June 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

On the exterior ocean lodge looks like just another cheap ocean city motel but that is far from the truth. After checking in with the incredibly friendly staff I proceeded to my room witch was surprisingly modern. A brand new led lcd tv with a full satellite package laid before me as I sat on my almost trampoline like bed. Off to one side a small mini fridge and microwave oven and the other an elegantly designed bathroom. The room was small but extremely cozy and the location couldn't be beat. A stones throw away from pickles pub and 2 blocks to the beach!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
McKeesport, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I would never stay here again, even if they paid me. It was cheap and there's a nice balcony; thats the only thing positive I have to say. Handprints and dirt on walls. The two double beds took up nearly the entire room. The one mattress didnt even fit the bed and kept sliding off. The bathroom, though newly renovated, looked as though my kids did the work on it. The small shower was moldy and the drain was scary (tetanus anyone?) and had to wear flip flips in it. You could not bend down to wash your legs, because of the small space! We immediately started looking for other places but could not find one so we were stuck there for almost a week! We hightailed it to the closest walmart for cleaning supplies to make the place a little better. We bought sheets and towels as well, because we, frankly, did not trust it. Shower curtain was moldy as well (got a brand new one, fresh out of the packaging, from the staff-which makes me wonder why it wasnt just changed). We used their towels for a pathway through the tiny room and treated their carpets like hot lava because they were that filthy! Needless to say we spent as little time possible in the room and got most of our sleep on the beach because we were still uncomfortable even after cleaning it. Please, if you value your money and cleanliness, save up and splurge on better lodgings!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ocean L, Owner at Ocean Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
We appreciate all the comments and the criticism we receive from our guests. At Ocean Lodge Hotel, we seriously take every comment that has been made in order to improve the overall customer satisfaction. We would like to agree with the statement that “the customer is always right!” But, in this case, (which many months have passed from the guests stay and new updates are in progress), it would have been very helpful if any evidence could have been provided to us in order to respond in a fairly matter.
Before the last season started (from early January 2013 - mid April 2013) we updated all the internal facilities including painting, carpets, furniture, mattresses, etc. In addition, we had new sheets, pillows, towels, refrigerators, mattresses protection with zippers, pillow protection with zippers, shower curtains, etc. Currently, we are working tirelessly toward the new season by improving even more our facilities. We are installing flat screen TVs, room curtains, upgrading satellite channel packages, new microwaves in each room, alarm clocks etc.
So, during last season (sometime from mid April 2013 - mid October 2013)…we are not sure which dates the guests is referring to, it is impossible for the guests to have experienced handprints/dirt on the walls, or issues with mattresses, or mold in the shower. We are a family business and the cleanness is our top priority. We are one of the few small hotels in OC to have a housekeeping supervisor at all the time throughout the season.
Furthermore, it is hard to believe that the guests had so many issues at our hotel, yet they did not report any of them to the management or the supervisor on duty. It is even harder to believe that the guests spent additional money at Wal-Mart from their vacation budget in order to accommodate themselves in the room that have already paid for the entire week without reporting the “issues” or seeking any compensation.
Regarding the room sizes – our hotel is fairly old building but very well maintained. It is our belief that the room sizes are serving very well the purpose of it. In addition, they are fairly priced, very clean, in a great location, and we deliver a terrific customer service. Most of our guests were very pleased to stay at Ocean Lodge last season, and many of them are returning this coming up season. We are looking forward to seeing all of them and many others.
Ocean Lodge Hotel Management
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Being a native Marylander, I've definitely had my share of Ocean City. My boyfriend and I love to fish and we are always on the go. After a failed attempt to camp at Assateague, due to no vacant sites... I did some searching online for affordable rooms at the ocean. I almost said Forget It because all of the rooms were soo expensive or the cheaper hotels were booked. Then I came across Ocean Lodge. I am soo glad I did because its a great place to stay! Very inexpensive and awesome location. Walk over 2 short streets and youre on the boardwalk and 2 streets behind is the bay! The staff are very friendly. All linens, towels, and toilet paper are stocked daily. The room was chilled for us when we got there. We took a small room with only 1 double bed. It had a tv, compact fridge and window ac. Thats all we needed! Just a place to sleep and shower. The only "problem" we had was the bathroom was very small and compact. Nowhere to put soap and shampoo in the shower. But, If youre on the go like us... this is a PERFECT hotel for you! You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Decide how much you are going to be in that room. Then decide how much you are willing to pay for us...