“Good food!” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
“Good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Delicious shrimp! Great French fries! Nice touch is the free shrimp sample.
Great atmosphere. Relaxed, and casual.
I would recommend this place!

Irwin
“Good food - pleasant staff - good crab cake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

My wife and I ate here on the recommendation of our daughter. We found it to be a very enjoyable meal. We were greeted by our waitress with a sample of two large shrimp, which were very tasty. My wife had the crab cake. She said it was excellent with lots of large chunks of crab meat. We have paid more for crab cakes at other area restaurants which weren't as good. I am not a seafood eater so I opted for a hamburger. Since this is basically a seafood place I didn't expect it to be anything special. It was very good. They also have a nice selection of beers. Not a real fancy place . . .but if you are looking for fresh, good food at a reasonable price this is the place. We will definitely make this a stop anytime we are in the area.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“shrimp boat yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Real fresh seafood to eat there, bring with, or buy and cook yourself. Best cream of crab soup on either side of the bridge

Visited May 2014
Maryland
“Fantastic shrimp, and great hardshell crabs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

What else can I say? The Shrimp Boat has fantastic seafood which is of high QUALITY. My family and I dined here in July 2013 and also ordered carry out in the same month, and was highly impressed with the food. We ordered medium male steamed crabs, and 2lbs of shrimp on both occasions, and each time was very pleased with the seasoning, and *freshness* of the seafood. The beer was cold and not overly priced, and the service was good given how busy they were each time.
I look forward to going to the Shrimp Boat each time I visit Ocean City. If you like fresh seafood, this is the place for you. If you want great chicken and burgers, this may not be what you're looking for. ( try Bull on the Beach ) After all, it is called "the shrimp boat."

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Severn
“Fair and not special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stopped here on the recommendation of one of our golf group. It was a passable meal with nothing noteworthy, except the "fresh" shrimp. The shrimp are shipped in each day, whole including the head attached. They were noticeably more tender than something you would get elsewhere which have been previously frozen and thawed. I have Cream of crab soup which lacked significant crabmeat and had a bitter aftertaste. I also ordered single fry oysters, since oyster season had just opened. They were heavily breaded and overcooked. Others ordered the crabcakes and said that they were good. I wouldn't go out of my way to stop here again.

• Visited October 2013