“Hard Beds” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Mount Airy, Maryland
“Hard Beds”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed there on Saturday 1/19 and had a king suite in the corner, the room was great but the bed was rock hard and like sleeping on the floor, my wife had to sleep on the sofa the entire night.

the breakfest was ok for the hotel and selfserve and the hotel is located on bayside ocean city

Room Tip: stayed there 3 times so far and a queen reg roon has the most soft beds The indoor pool is small a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
rbhde, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Mr. D....
Thank you again, for taking time to write about your stay with us. I know we already spoke and you know that all our mattresses are new and what Hampton requires us to have. They are all Serta's---at every Hampton. I'm very sorry your wife didn't like the mattresses....We're happy that everything else about your stay was good! We hope to see you again sometime soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a lovely, new hotel on the bayside. Staff is very nice and helpful. Beds are super comfy. Noise from outside my room did creep in. Would love to be there in the summer sometime to enjoy the poolside firepit. Breakfast is tasty and ample.

Room Tip: Bayview rooms offer tremendous sunset views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to write about your recent stay with us. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll come back when you're in Ocean City!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Fairly new hotel so everything nice and clean. Quiet weekend so clerk gave me upgrade to bay side view. The suite was extremely large and comfortable. Extra long desk/table. Large lobby. Large parking lot. 42 in flat screen tv. Located around 42 street, so right in middle of strip. Staff very helpful in providing local favorite restaurant. One complaint, was the hard mattress. Will return when back in area.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
rbhde, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for your recent response on the Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City, MD. We're glad you enjoyed your stay but unhappy you didn't like your new Hampton bed. The Hampton brand requires all Hamptons to have a specific brand (serta)....and it may be because we are still new that you didn't quite like them. Hopefully that's the case!
We're glad to hear you enjoyed everything else with your stay and we hope you'll come back to see us the next time you're in Ocean City! Thank you for staying with us!
Mays Landing, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This was our first stay at a Hampton Inn. We were in town with our 3 yr old granddaughter for the Winterfest of Lights on Sat 12/22/12. The young man at the front desk was very pleasant and friendly, he offered us a different room that was larger when he saw my partner in a wheelchair, we declined because we wanted the ocean view and the extra chair in the room for seating. We were barely in our room when the young man called to make sure our room was to our liking and would work for us which it did. It had a fridge & microwave which came in handy with having a 3 yr old, coffee, tea & hot chocolate was available 24/7 in the lobby. The complimentary breakfast was really good, had your usual friuits, cereals, etc...but also had make your own waffels, scrambled eggs & bacon. It was in a comfortable & relaxing setting and we really enjoyed it. The lobby area had many sitting sections and was beautifully decorated for Christmas. The only sad thing was that the indoor poor & spa were very cold, we were hoping for a nice soak in the hot tub after an evening out in the cold & ice skating but it never even got luke warm. I would most certainly recommend this hotel and stay here again. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
rbhde, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a response about your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately, our whirlpool in the pool area is not a hot tub...it is called a "conversation area" and isn't hot....its the same temperature as the rest of the pool. It is a consideration that we may be changing down the road however. We do apologize that wasn't to your liking but hope that you'll come back to see us again in the near future! Thank you for staying with us!
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Bayview on west side of hotel. This was my first time staying at a Hamptom Inn so I was not sure what to expect. Large rooms. Microwave and refrigerator in every room. Had a great night's sleep. I could not hear the people in the room next to mine in my room but I could hear them in the hallway so I knew they were there. Large lobby with fire place. Coffee and tea available in the lobby now this was very welcome on a cold day. Personnel were very nice, polite and helpful. The duvet's were white and they had signs that the put new duvet's on for each guest. This is very welcome and I like the white duvet so I can see that it is clean. There is always the concern that the bedspread isn't clean when you are traveling. Very nice to see white and therefore see the clean. Comfortable bed. They are an environmentally friendly hotel. The water pressure was okay but the water did not get as hot as I would have liked it so I did not dawdle in the shower.
One of the other reviews said they did not upgrade a hilton honors member. Well I am a hilton honors member and they upgraded me without my asking. This was very nice and added to my stay.
Breakfast had precooked omlets with salsa, oatmeal with brown sugar, cranberries and walnuts and belgian waffles. Also cold cereals and all kids of juice. They had to go bags available at the front desk. This breakfast selection was excellent. The people were very helpful and friendly in the morning. Great location next to the convention center and free parking. There is additional parking across the street if the parking lot fills. The outdoor pool was closed, the indoor pool is small and not very deep would be great for chldren. There is a hot tub that I didn't try and a handicapped access into the pool. I used the exercise room and it was adequate. They had ear buds so you could listen to the tv while exercising. The office area had good internet access and printers. I enjoyed my stay there and will be back when I am in the Ocean City area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time to write a response about how you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and all of our team members. We look forward to having you back with us again!
Telford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was here over the weekend and had a great stay. Parking is free and the location is convenient... walking distance to the convention center, across Route 1 for beach access, walking distance to a few restaurants, and a short drive to OCMD boardwalk, etc. I had booked an accessible room only because it had been the cheapest option and upon checking in was upgraded to a suite because it was available and perhaps because I am a Hilton Diamond member. The front desk staff members were very friendly.

The hotel is less than a year old so everything is nice, new, and clean. The suite faced the bay, which was beautiful at sunset. The room itself reminded me a bit of the Hilton Garden Inns I usually frequent, as opposed to many of the older Hampton Inns which need some renovations. The fridge and microwave are always nice to have, as is an in-room safe. The bed was clean and comfortable, and having a balcony is always a plus.

As it's December the outside pool was closed (logically), but the indoor pool was a decent size, and there was a nice little spa attached. The fitness center was larger than any of the other Hampton Inns / Hilton Garden Inns I've seen, but I didn't get to use it. The business center was your average business center at any hotel. Breakfast was your typical Hampton Inn breakfast - nothing special, but pretty much what you come to expect... sausage/bacon, eggs, cereal, muffins, pastries, fruit, etc.

I think what really set this Hampton Inn apart was the staff. From check in to check out I was met with genuinely nice and helpful people. The cleaning staff did a great job with my room and with keeping the hotel in general clean. The woman staffing the breakfast area was friendly and made conversation with guests, and Zach at the front desk was particularly helpful. I called from my room and crossed my fingers that they might have an HDMI cable so that I could hook my laptop up to the big screen to work on a presentation; Zach was kind enough to locate someone in maintenance who offered to bring the cable up to me but as I was headed downstairs for some complimentary warm beverages anyways I just retrieved it on my own. I very much appreciated that he actually took the time to look for one as opposed to just saying he didn't have it.

Long story short, I'll definitely be back here next time I need a place to stay near OCMD!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the bay!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
rbhde, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Melissa, Thanks very much for your positive comments about your stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City Bayfront hotel. We are very happy that you enjoyed the facilities and more importantly the staff. We are always striving to "wow" our guests and love to hear the positive feedback! Thanks again and please come back and see us again when you're visiting Ocean City!
Waltham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Hampton Inn & Suites in Ocean City, MD was a very enjoyable hotel to stay in. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was extremly clean. Despite being during the off season, the staff went out of their way to make my stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. I would stay here again on a future trip to Ocean City.

Room Tip: The rooms were extremely clean, but a bit on the small side. I stayed in a room with two queen beds...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your positive review about the Hampton Inn & Suites. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll come back and see us the next time you're in our area!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City? Share your experiences!