“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was here over the weekend and had a great stay. Parking is free and the location is convenient... walking distance to the convention center, across Route 1 for beach access, walking distance to a few restaurants, and a short drive to OCMD boardwalk, etc. I had booked an accessible room only because it had been the cheapest option and upon checking in was upgraded to a suite because it was available and perhaps because I am a Hilton Diamond member. The front desk staff members were very friendly.

The hotel is less than a year old so everything is nice, new, and clean. The suite faced the bay, which was beautiful at sunset. The room itself reminded me a bit of the Hilton Garden Inns I usually frequent, as opposed to many of the older Hampton Inns which need some renovations. The fridge and microwave are always nice to have, as is an in-room safe. The bed was clean and comfortable, and having a balcony is always a plus.

As it's December the outside pool was closed (logically), but the indoor pool was a decent size, and there was a nice little spa attached. The fitness center was larger than any of the other Hampton Inns / Hilton Garden Inns I've seen, but I didn't get to use it. The business center was your average business center at any hotel. Breakfast was your typical Hampton Inn breakfast - nothing special, but pretty much what you come to expect... sausage/bacon, eggs, cereal, muffins, pastries, fruit, etc.

I think what really set this Hampton Inn apart was the staff. From check in to check out I was met with genuinely nice and helpful people. The cleaning staff did a great job with my room and with keeping the hotel in general clean. The woman staffing the breakfast area was friendly and made conversation with guests, and Zach at the front desk was particularly helpful. I called from my room and crossed my fingers that they might have an HDMI cable so that I could hook my laptop up to the big screen to work on a presentation; Zach was kind enough to locate someone in maintenance who offered to bring the cable up to me but as I was headed downstairs for some complimentary warm beverages anyways I just retrieved it on my own. I very much appreciated that he actually took the time to look for one as opposed to just saying he didn't have it.

Long story short, I'll definitely be back here next time I need a place to stay near OCMD!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the bay!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
rbhde, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Melissa, Thanks very much for your positive comments about your stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City Bayfront hotel. We are very happy that you enjoyed the facilities and more importantly the staff. We are always striving to "wow" our guests and love to hear the positive feedback! Thanks again and please come back and see us again when you're visiting Ocean City!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Waltham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Hampton Inn & Suites in Ocean City, MD was a very enjoyable hotel to stay in. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was extremly clean. Despite being during the off season, the staff went out of their way to make my stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. I would stay here again on a future trip to Ocean City.

Room Tip: The rooms were extremely clean, but a bit on the small side. I stayed in a room with two queen beds...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your positive review about the Hampton Inn & Suites. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll come back and see us the next time you're in our area!
washington dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night in the off season. It is close to the Convention Center, parking is free, the beds are very comfortable and firm, everything is clean, and there is a free breakfast (nothing fancy but free and decent). What is the bad...no bottles of water in the rooms, they are one of those eco friendly places which means shower water pressure is not good, also water never really got HOT just really warm, what else....nothing else. it was a nice place for the night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your nice comments about the Hampton Inn & Suites. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. All Hampton's offer complimentary coffee and tea 24 hours daily...but unfortunately not bottled water. We also have our 24 hour suite shop that offers a variety of cold beverages and snacks. We hope that you'll come back and stay with us the next time you are in Ocean City, MD. We loved having you stay with us!
Middletown, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is nearly new and all of the furnishings, bathroom fixtures, etc., are in excellent condition. During our stay, we experienced some technical difficulties that probably can be explained away as annomalies, but never the less the issues did happen to us. Off season value is ok.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
rbhde, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. We are happy you decided to stay with us while you were visitng Ocean City, however, we would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced here. We hope to see you return again soon the next time you come to the beach! Happy Holidays!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

I spent one night at the hotel. I reserved a two queen bed room and that's what I got. I was hoping for a king, but I forgot and the guy and the front desk never gave me another option. I was surprised by this seeing as I am a Hilton Honors member, and the hotel seemed pretty empty. Anyway, the hotel is apparently relatively new. The rooms are very nice, but come across as typical rooms. Ask for a room facing bayside. The contintnetal breakfast was good, but nothing too special. Don't get me wrong, this is a nice, clean and newer looking hotel. I will be back here in the future. It's simply getting an average from me based upon some exceptional stays I've recently had.

• Stayed September 2012
rbhde, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us! We certainly try to upgrade our Hilton Honors members, based on availability...and am sorry if we weren't able to accommodate you. We should definitely do so, if we can! Thank you for staying with us and we hope you'll come back again soon!
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night on our way home from the Outer Banks. Having never been to Ocean City, I figured the Hampton Inn would be a safe bet for a clean and comfortable place to stay. I was not dissapointed; rooms are super clean, beds comfortable, the shower pressure is good and the refrigerator is huge.

The Tiki Bar out back is very nice, although the drinks are a bit pricey. Still a nice place to relax and enjoy the sunset. The pool is heated and quite comfortable.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Oh, and Mary at the front desk was super helpful in directing us on what to see and do on our one and only night in Ocean City. Thanks!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great comments on your recent stay with! We hope you'll come back and see us again soon!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

When they built this new hotel they spared no expense. From the landscaping to the interior design everything appeared to be impecable. We went for a quick weekend away. The Tiki Bar (Kunu's) on the deck was a nice place for a couple cocktails and a beautiful sunset over the bay. It will remain open until the weather gets too cold. The steamed shrimp was large and delicious. ($7.00 a lb) The pool was heated and felt great, it was definitely warmer than the 75 degree day air. The room (bayfront suite) was huge and very comfortable. We will stay here again next summer. The one thing that HAS to be fixed is the driveway. It wasn't graded correctly and we scraped the bottom of our front bumper when arriving. By the marks/gouges in the concrete we weren't the first. USE CAUTION.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your great review and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We are having the entrance re-graded because it is a bit of an issue. We hope you'll come back and stay with us next time you visit Ocean City, MD!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City? Share your experiences!