“Very clean and friendly Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Waltham, Massachusetts
“Very clean and friendly Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Hampton Inn & Suites in Ocean City, MD was a very enjoyable hotel to stay in. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was extremly clean. Despite being during the off season, the staff went out of their way to make my stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. I would stay here again on a future trip to Ocean City.

Room Tip: The rooms were extremely clean, but a bit on the small side. I stayed in a room with two queen beds...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
rbhde, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive review about the Hampton Inn & Suites. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll come back and see us the next time you're in our area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
washington dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night in the off season. It is close to the Convention Center, parking is free, the beds are very comfortable and firm, everything is clean, and there is a free breakfast (nothing fancy but free and decent). What is the bad...no bottles of water in the rooms, they are one of those eco friendly places which means shower water pressure is not good, also water never really got HOT just really warm, what else....nothing else. it was a nice place for the night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your nice comments about the Hampton Inn & Suites. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. All Hampton's offer complimentary coffee and tea 24 hours daily...but unfortunately not bottled water. We also have our 24 hour suite shop that offers a variety of cold beverages and snacks. We hope that you'll come back and stay with us the next time you are in Ocean City, MD. We loved having you stay with us!
Middletown, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is nearly new and all of the furnishings, bathroom fixtures, etc., are in excellent condition. During our stay, we experienced some technical difficulties that probably can be explained away as annomalies, but never the less the issues did happen to us. Off season value is ok.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
rbhde, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. We are happy you decided to stay with us while you were visitng Ocean City, however, we would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced here. We hope to see you return again soon the next time you come to the beach! Happy Holidays!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

I spent one night at the hotel. I reserved a two queen bed room and that's what I got. I was hoping for a king, but I forgot and the guy and the front desk never gave me another option. I was surprised by this seeing as I am a Hilton Honors member, and the hotel seemed pretty empty. Anyway, the hotel is apparently relatively new. The rooms are very nice, but come across as typical rooms. Ask for a room facing bayside. The contintnetal breakfast was good, but nothing too special. Don't get me wrong, this is a nice, clean and newer looking hotel. I will be back here in the future. It's simply getting an average from me based upon some exceptional stays I've recently had.

• Stayed September 2012
rbhde, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us! We certainly try to upgrade our Hilton Honors members, based on availability...and am sorry if we weren't able to accommodate you. We should definitely do so, if we can! Thank you for staying with us and we hope you'll come back again soon!
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night on our way home from the Outer Banks. Having never been to Ocean City, I figured the Hampton Inn would be a safe bet for a clean and comfortable place to stay. I was not dissapointed; rooms are super clean, beds comfortable, the shower pressure is good and the refrigerator is huge.

The Tiki Bar out back is very nice, although the drinks are a bit pricey. Still a nice place to relax and enjoy the sunset. The pool is heated and quite comfortable.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Oh, and Mary at the front desk was super helpful in directing us on what to see and do on our one and only night in Ocean City. Thanks!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great comments on your recent stay with! We hope you'll come back and see us again soon!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

When they built this new hotel they spared no expense. From the landscaping to the interior design everything appeared to be impecable. We went for a quick weekend away. The Tiki Bar (Kunu's) on the deck was a nice place for a couple cocktails and a beautiful sunset over the bay. It will remain open until the weather gets too cold. The steamed shrimp was large and delicious. ($7.00 a lb) The pool was heated and felt great, it was definitely warmer than the 75 degree day air. The room (bayfront suite) was huge and very comfortable. We will stay here again next summer. The one thing that HAS to be fixed is the driveway. It wasn't graded correctly and we scraped the bottom of our front bumper when arriving. By the marks/gouges in the concrete we weren't the first. USE CAUTION.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your great review and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We are having the entrance re-graded because it is a bit of an issue. We hope you'll come back and stay with us next time you visit Ocean City, MD!
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I came to OCMD with a bunch of friends on biker weekend. I am a loyal Hilton family man, so I was happy to find this brand new Hampton when the Hilton was sold out.

Checkin:
I'll start by saying that I was very impressed by this hotel when I pulled up and walked in the lobby. Free parking right out front of the hotel, which is great. Free fresh fruit, coffee, and other drinks available in the lobby at all times. Checkin was great - we arrived around noon so no lines at all. Had two rooms, one was available when we arrived so we were able to get early checkin. The second room was available at the normal checkin time which was fine. The hotel was completely booked up for this weekend, but the staff was still able to accomodate early checkin and two connecting rooms, which was great.

Rooms:
This hotel was brand new and probably only a couple people stayed in the rooms before we did, so as you can imagine they looked flawless. Typical Hampton Inn room, two beds, mini refrigerator, microwave, flat screen, nice size bathroom. Everything was spotlessly clean and looked brand new (because it was). Plenty of towels and toiletries in each room. We had a bayfront room, which I would highly recommend since the balconies overlook the bay and the pool/tiki bar area. The best part about the room was definitely the balcony, just sitting out there and relaxing, day or night. Temperature control in the room was great, we kept it cold the entire stay.

Staff:
The staff at this hotel was really top notch. Every single staff member that I encountered was friendly, courteous, and willing to help with any need that I had. We called the front desk to order a cab, and they ordered it for us. Zack at the front desk was especially helpful in getting us extra room keys and checking our other guests into the second room when they arrived. The housekeeping staff was also great. Denise, who was cleaning our room, helped us out with lots of extra towels.

Pool/Tiki bar area:
There are two pools at this hotel. One indoor, which I checked out but didn't use, and one outdoor. The outdoor pool was great. Nice, clean water the entire time. They have a hot tub area as well (both indoor and outdoor). There were plenty of tables and chairs at the pool area when we went. The tiki bar really makes this outdoor area cool. Plenty of drinks and food selections. Plenty of bar chairs and seating areas. The bartenders were really cool. Even for being brand new, we had absolutely no problems with our food or drink orders.

Overall:
I would not hesitate for one minute to book a stay at this hotel again. Alot of hotels in OCMD are old and run down, but this one is brand new and in a prime location. The pool/bar area was incredible considering it was a Hampton Inn and overall the staff was awesome. I would challenge any other hotel in OCMD at this price point to compete with this Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Definitely opt for the bayfront rooms. They overlook the pool and tiki bar area and you can watch t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
rbhde, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your nice response about our hotel. We are happy that you loved it as much as we all do! We look forward to you staying with us again when you're back in Ocean City!