“One Night Stay in OC, MD” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #4 of 107 hotels in Ocean City
New Jersey
“One Night Stay in OC, MD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night on our way home from the Outer Banks. Having never been to Ocean City, I figured the Hampton Inn would be a safe bet for a clean and comfortable place to stay. I was not dissapointed; rooms are super clean, beds comfortable, the shower pressure is good and the refrigerator is huge.

The Tiki Bar out back is very nice, although the drinks are a bit pricey. Still a nice place to relax and enjoy the sunset. The pool is heated and quite comfortable.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Oh, and Mary at the front desk was super helpful in directing us on what to see and do on our one and only night in Ocean City. Thanks!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
rbhde, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thank you for the great comments on your recent stay with! We hope you'll come back and see us again soon!

324 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

When they built this new hotel they spared no expense. From the landscaping to the interior design everything appeared to be impecable. We went for a quick weekend away. The Tiki Bar (Kunu's) on the deck was a nice place for a couple cocktails and a beautiful sunset over the bay. It will remain open until the weather gets too cold. The steamed shrimp was large and delicious. ($7.00 a lb) The pool was heated and felt great, it was definitely warmer than the 75 degree day air. The room (bayfront suite) was huge and very comfortable. We will stay here again next summer. The one thing that HAS to be fixed is the driveway. It wasn't graded correctly and we scraped the bottom of our front bumper when arriving. By the marks/gouges in the concrete we weren't the first. USE CAUTION.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your great review and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We are having the entrance re-graded because it is a bit of an issue. We hope you'll come back and stay with us next time you visit Ocean City, MD!
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I came to OCMD with a bunch of friends on biker weekend. I am a loyal Hilton family man, so I was happy to find this brand new Hampton when the Hilton was sold out.

Checkin:
I'll start by saying that I was very impressed by this hotel when I pulled up and walked in the lobby. Free parking right out front of the hotel, which is great. Free fresh fruit, coffee, and other drinks available in the lobby at all times. Checkin was great - we arrived around noon so no lines at all. Had two rooms, one was available when we arrived so we were able to get early checkin. The second room was available at the normal checkin time which was fine. The hotel was completely booked up for this weekend, but the staff was still able to accomodate early checkin and two connecting rooms, which was great.

Rooms:
This hotel was brand new and probably only a couple people stayed in the rooms before we did, so as you can imagine they looked flawless. Typical Hampton Inn room, two beds, mini refrigerator, microwave, flat screen, nice size bathroom. Everything was spotlessly clean and looked brand new (because it was). Plenty of towels and toiletries in each room. We had a bayfront room, which I would highly recommend since the balconies overlook the bay and the pool/tiki bar area. The best part about the room was definitely the balcony, just sitting out there and relaxing, day or night. Temperature control in the room was great, we kept it cold the entire stay.

Staff:
The staff at this hotel was really top notch. Every single staff member that I encountered was friendly, courteous, and willing to help with any need that I had. We called the front desk to order a cab, and they ordered it for us. Zack at the front desk was especially helpful in getting us extra room keys and checking our other guests into the second room when they arrived. The housekeeping staff was also great. Denise, who was cleaning our room, helped us out with lots of extra towels.

Pool/Tiki bar area:
There are two pools at this hotel. One indoor, which I checked out but didn't use, and one outdoor. The outdoor pool was great. Nice, clean water the entire time. They have a hot tub area as well (both indoor and outdoor). There were plenty of tables and chairs at the pool area when we went. The tiki bar really makes this outdoor area cool. Plenty of drinks and food selections. Plenty of bar chairs and seating areas. The bartenders were really cool. Even for being brand new, we had absolutely no problems with our food or drink orders.

Overall:
I would not hesitate for one minute to book a stay at this hotel again. Alot of hotels in OCMD are old and run down, but this one is brand new and in a prime location. The pool/bar area was incredible considering it was a Hampton Inn and overall the staff was awesome. I would challenge any other hotel in OCMD at this price point to compete with this Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Definitely opt for the bayfront rooms. They overlook the pool and tiki bar area and you can watch t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
rbhde, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your nice response about our hotel. We are happy that you loved it as much as we all do! We look forward to you staying with us again when you're back in Ocean City!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My wife and I spent three nights at this new hotel and everything about it was great except for noisy elevators. We had a reservation for a room with a king-size bed overlooking the bay. On arrival we learned most rooms in the hotel have two queen-size beds, with only a few king-rooms, all of them adjoining the elevators, both of which were very noisy. Zack and Taylor on the front desk immediately moved us to a quiet room with two queen-size beds and a wonderful view overlooking the bay.

Our room was large and everything was very clean throughout our stay. There is plenty of free parking. The extensive choices on the breakfast buffet was typical of top-quality Hampton Inns and the staff quickly replenished items and kept the breakfast room clean, even though the hotel was fully booked.

A beautiful outside pool is located on the back side of the hotel overlooking the bay. Security to the pool area was excellent, requiring a room key to gain access. Rooms overlooking the bay also overlook this pool area, adding to the attractiveness of bay-view rooms. Our room also had a balcony with chairs, where we sat to watch the sunsets.

The hotel also has some suites, about twice the size of regular rooms, with two queen-size beds plus a sofa-bed, making them roomy and excellent for families. The suites include a wet-bar sink in addition to the mini-refrigerator and microwave. Wireless internet access from our room worked perfect throughout our stay.

We were extremely pleased with our stay and definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: The view from rooms overlooking the bay are worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to post about your recent stay with us....we are happy that you enjoyed it here and look forward to having you back with us again!!
edison nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We booked a bay front suite with 2 queens. Decided on this hotel since all recommendations noted how new and clean it was. Bedding is superb. The property did not disappoint in any way. Only caveat might be for those with small children if going to the beach. You do have to cross the road that is three lanes in each direction. However, there is an island in between the traffic. We were there after Labor Day and it was easy to cross. not sure how it would be during the height of summer.

Room Tip: Opt for the bay view or else you'll be looking at a parking lot and busy street.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Phila Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Just stayed over Labor Day weekend. Hotel was really nice, new, and clean. The outdoor pool was great. Plenty of places to relax. You sign at the desk for beach towels. They have a Tiki Bar with good drinks and they serve some food there too. I didn't try the food. Free breakfast in the morning. Breakfast was good. A lot to choose from. They need to get better toasters. I would have to say, they were the slowest toasters I've ever used. Staff was friendly and helpful. We booked a studio suite. It was very roomy. The only complaint about the room was the shower head. It was the worst shower. They really need to do something about that. Over all, great place, good location. We would go back for sure.

Room Tip: Bayview rooms are really nice because you get a view of the pool too and all of the rooms have balco...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your nice compliments---we did get some new toasters and apologize your shower wasn't up to par--we are checking into that! We hope you'll come back and stay with us again when you're back in Ocean City!
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just returned from a weekend stay at this hotel and was very impressed with the room, pool area, location, breakfast area and everything about this hotel. No regrets about this hotel. Even though it is not on the beach it’s a short block away and wasn’t difficult crossing the busy street. Plenty of eating and drinking establishments within walking distance and the view of the bay was very relaxing while sitting on the balcony.

Almost everyone I encountered from the housekeeping staff, maintenance workers, breakfast attendant were all very personable and eager to please. One young man in particular, Greg, went out of his way to find me a box of tissues when he heard my friends and I talking that I forgot to grab one before I left the room. He also brought two chairs up for us to sit on the patio since there were 4 of us in the room.

One person that was not very helpful was the front desk clerk Mary. As your first point of contact when you check in, you would think she would be informed of the policies of the hotel and especially Hilton Honor Diamond members. I hate to throw that Diamond word around and hardly ever have to because most staff are informed of how to treat their best paying and loyal customers. The only word this woman knows is “NO”. No rooms were ready, no upgrades for HH Diamond members because the hotel is full. (This is not how Hilton Hotels operate), no chairs available for the patio (until I talked to the manager), no late checkout because the hotel is full (another Hilton Honor perk). The real deal breaker was when she finally allowed me an extra hour past the 11 am check out time, but never informed us the key would not work past 11. This was after I met another guest who was allowed 3pm checkout.

Housekeeping heard me talking about the situation and voluntarily informed me I wasn’t the only person who has complained about her. Even another guest in the elevator told me they had problems with her as well. I spoke to Jill the manager about this woman’s attitude and demeanor and she apologized and said she would speak to her. Please do so Jill! This woman is not someone you want as the first person you meet as you enter the hotel. She sets the tone for a negative experience and has no personality. Although, she became more pleasant when the manager came out of the back to check in someone else. Mary’s customer service skills are terrible and when I checked out, I asked her to please review the HH policies so she is aware of what is and is not allowed before saying "NO" to every request.

It’s a wonderful hotel but avoid dealing with Mary and you’ll have a great stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City? Share your experiences!