“Fun for little kids” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 62 things to do in Ocean City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Our Woodall's(R) Double 5W rated waterfront campground is situated along the beautiful Sinepuxent Bay and features nearly 600 spacious campsites catering to primitive tenting all the way up to luxury 45 foot motor homes, deluxe rental trailers, and camping cabins. On-site we offer a Western Theme Park, Water Park & Miniature Golf, and High Ropes Adventure Park, as well as daily planned activities for campers, a restaurant and bar, camp store, deli, ice cream parlor, gift shop, and arcade. Bring along your boat and dock it at our 75 slip marina or enjoy fishing and crabbing from our 200 foot long pier. Whether you want peace and quiet or excitement and adventure, Frontier Town has something for everyone in the family to enjoy.
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
“Fun for little kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2007

My wife used to go to Frontier Town when she was little. It's very similar to when she was little. They have a stage coach ride with a robbery, a can-can performance in the saloon which was funny, some shootouts, an Indian pow-wow, and a bull riding show. We didn't think much of the bull riding probably because we're just not into that sort of thing. The kids enjoyed getting cap guns and cowboy hats.

North East, MD
“Going down hill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2007

My family and I went last year for a weekend and thought the park was great. It was VERY clean and neat and the employees were very polite.

A lot can change in a year. I've just returned from a trip staying 1 week at Frontier town. We had a large group so they split us up between Frontier town and Fort Whaley, their sister-camp-site which is about 10 miles away. When we made the reservations we were told that we could still meet at our campsite at Frontier Town so we could congregate for camp fires / dinner time, etc. When we arrived however we got another story. They wanted us to pay for each person visiting from Fort Whaley every day they came and even when the problem was escalated to the manager and put in the computer they still gave us a hassle every day and they were not polite at all about the whole thing taking the attitude that "I don't know what you were told but our policy says you can't" even though the arrangements were made a month in advance.

Cleanliness has also gone down hill. The first night there I went to use bathhouse C and on my way in stepped into a pile of human feces. I threw my shoes away of course. Compared to the previous years where the bath houses were always clean this year was awful. There was also trash in the woods along the "nature trails" from campers (I assume) tossing out watermellon rines and corn cobs.

Lastly, the wild west shows seem to joke and play around a lot with weapons. Even the part where they show you how much damage a blank will do to a milk carton was done in jest and I wasn't comfortable with my kids watching grown adults play with guns. Serious gunfight re-enactment would be acceptable, but horseplay with a gun is never acceptable.

This place has gone down-hill in a shot period of time and I won't be going back.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Place for younger kids.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2007

We went to just the waterpark part of Frontier Town. I think we paid about $12 a person for the waterpark and all you can play mini golf. --Which is a STEAL. They have a bunch of fun slides that don't have huge lines. When a young child is in line, the people who stay at the top of the slide and tell you when to go signal to the bottom and a person stands right by the slide in case the child has any problems.--I was really impressed by this. They have a great lazy river that my kids loved. Its great for relaxing and getting some sun. They have plenty of chairs and tables, but get there when they open to get the best spots. The restrooms/changing areas were very spacious and clean. BRING LUNCH WITH YOU! They have a snack bar, if you don't mind spending $3.50 for a hot dog. They also have a very large kid area where the water is only about 2ft. They have slides, floats, water sprayers, the works. The only thing was the lifeguards seemed to be constantly blowing there whistles to signal kids to stop doing something.--That got old. No wave pool, but then again, its only $12 for a full day. If you have kids between the ages of 2-14 they'll love it. It was a great day and we will definitely be back.

ny
43 attraction reviews
“Could have Skipped It”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2006

Went in August with kids (ages 5 and 1.5) and it was just ok. Not much for them to do. The gun fights scared them. The train robbery was fun - a bit scary at first but then the robber started making corny jokes. The kids liked interacting with the Indians. The older one took lessons on how to shoot an arrow (of course that was an additional charge). We did not try the water park or the small amusement park (both additional cost). We could have easily skipped this attraction. May be better suited for older kids or those really into cowboys/Indians/Wild West.

Baltimore, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
“Not What It Used To Be !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2006

I have to start out by saying that as a child I have VERY fond memories of Frontier Town. I can remember visiting the park pratically every year and LOVING everything about it.

Needless to say, the last time we were at Ocean City I decided to take my two kids ( ages 7 and 5 ) and my wife to the park. No one had been there before except for me and I was excited to have them experience the "Old West" park.

It appears that the Frontier Town of yester-years is gone. The park now seems to be run by "young" adults and the character acting was hard for even my 7 year old to stomach. It would seem that now the park only relys on getting you in and offering you a bunch of shops to buy western memorabilia.

I will admit that I will not return to Frontier Town. It was a TOTAL waste of money and did leave me disappointed. I guess everything changes and what was once good can't stay that way forever.