“Beware of this park!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 15 Attractions in Ocean City
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Amusement Parks
Activities: Drinking
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a whirl on the fast and furious Riptide Express, or challenge the twists, turns and drops of our Roller Coaster, the newest roller coaster at the beach. Then, when you're ready for a break, enjoy cool delights from one of our many concession stands. Try your skill at one of our Midway Games or just view the scenery on the Jolly Roger Express, our 1952 antique train.Jolly Roger Amusement Park has rides and games the whole family can enjoy. And as always, there is never a charge to just relax and stroll through Ocean City's only full-service Family Amusement Facility.We have many ways for your family to play. Purchase only enough points on your Jolly Roger Passport to Fun Card to ride the rides you want.
Charles Town
“Beware of this park!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2008

I have been visiting Ocean City for 40 years! I remember visiting this park as a kid. The Jolly Roger Amusement Park is a joke! It is a carnival! Prices are outrageous and the attendants barely speak English!
Do not go there at night! This makes no sense! People go to the beach to spend time at the OCEAN! Why is it that you pay for all you can ride during the day? I have twin 4 year old boys and they could only ride 4 rides for almost $30.00! That is a rip-off!
I prefer Trimpers, however that also has the same all you can ride policy during the day from 1-6. Trimpers has more rides for kids, but the attendants are not friendly.
I would say save your money and enjoy some quality time together in the sand making sand castles.

New Jersey
“Nice for Kids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2007

Jolly Rodgers was a great place for my daughter the price was a little high but the people that work there are not unplesant, not one smiling face, we were shocked how nasty there were, i almost had it out with one of the attendents that was not nice to my daughter when she was online for a ride, great rides but cant deal with the people of there. So if your looking for a cheerful place with nice people this is not it. You try to ignore that fact but it puts a damper on your expirence.

Waldorf, MD
“Great Water Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2007

We have been enjoying OC for many years, but always stayed away from the traveling carnival atmosphere at Jolly Roger. But several years ago we took a chance on the water park and it is really top notch. Managed well, clean, polite kids working the different slide areas, and the food is not priced outrageously. The ticket costs aren't cheap for the day, but you can come and go as you need to. Our kids, 13 and 16 always have enough to keep them busy and laughing for at least a 4-5 hour stay. The water park is a nice oasis of cleanliness in an otherwise seedy location, and we look forward to it each Summer.

Vienna, Virginia
141 attraction reviews
“Go-carts best for kids over 58' and age 12...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2006

My husband and son had a blast! Our only disappointment was how many tracks my 56"/age 10 son could not use. He was limited to 3 tracks; otherwise there was an age 12 limit on about 3 tracks and then a height restriction on a 4th. He felt a bit frustrated. I would make one other recommendation...they offer a 2-hour/one price deal. Make sure you check out the lines, because you could end up spending much of your 2 hour window waiting in line (if the lines are long, opt for the points value cards with no time limit).

PA
“Horrible-don't go”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2006

When I was riding the Stockart in the Speedworld, my car wouldn't turn and I ended up slamming into the wall going full speed. After a couple minutes, the workers finally came over and asked what happened, not bothering to ask if I was okay. When I told them that the car wouldn't turn at all, their only response was "Well why didn't you hit the brakes?" When you're worrying about trying to turn, you don't think about hitting the brakes. Plus there wouldn't have been time to stop even if I hit the brakes because the track is so small. After finally asking if I was okay, the workers tried to pry the car out from under the pit gate (where I hit) and they couldn't get it out because it was stuck under so far. After they finally got it pried out, the wheels were still locked up, which proved that it wasn't I who did anything wrong. It was the car. Yet they still kicked me off the ride, didn't offer me another ride, nothing. When we went to file an incident report just incase I would have back or neck problems later on, the worker was very snippy and rude to us and didn't want to get the manager. Overall, don't go there. And if you do, don't go to the race track. I've heard from numerous people that they don't maintain the cars. Now this is proof that they don't maintain their cars.