“We would stay here again” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americana Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Americana Hotel
You added Americana Hotel to your Saves list
913 Atlantic Avenue, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #90 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Abbottstown, PA
“We would stay here again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We just stayed at the Americana over Labor Day weekend. In total we had 3 different rooms on 2 floors. I'll start out by saying this is an older hotel. The wall paper is peeling in some places. The elevator is crazy slow and I had to go to the lobby twice to get towels becasue they werent finished doing laundry when they cleaned our room. Those are the worst things I can say about this hotel. It is on the boardwalk. I paid $427 total for a 3 day holiday weekend. The staff was very freindly and accomodating. We had a balcony with a side view, which was a great view. If that is important I would suggest requesting a room on floor 4 or 5. If you get a lower room on the one side you might be looking at the building next door. Our room was cleaned every day. Overall it was a good experience. I would definately reccommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on 4th or 5th floor to get a better view, if you are renting a side view room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I was very nervous to stay at the Americana after reading the reviews, but my stay was JUST FINE. I feel the need to put a good review on here to help the place out! For the VERY cheap price, the few bumps along the road are completely worth it! Let me first say that as a 23 year old female, I'm a little picky and easily grossed out by dirty rooms - this place had no effect on me. It was clean, spacious, and lets be honest.. I didn't expect to spend much time in the room anyway! I only have 2 things to complain about after a week long stay;

1. The door to the back patio was difficult to open, and difficult to close/lock.

2. All of the stairway doors had a sign that said "Emergency Exit Only - Alarm Will Sound If Opened" so we were forced to take the elevators. However, there may have been an alternative had I asked the front desk.

Thats it! So, if you're thinking about cancelling and you expect to spend 90% if your vaca in the room, maybe you want somewhere with a flat screen and free WIFI. But if you're just looking for a cheap, clean place to lay your head after a day on the beach and a night on the boardwalk, STAY HERE! :)

Room Tip: - Bring a clock! Only source of time is the microwave - Bring filters & coffee if you expect to...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My family and I traveled from NJ to Ocean City,MD for our annual vacation. I read the previous reviews and I must admit I was very nervous. But to my great surprise the Americana was great, clean, peaceful etc. I honestly do not have one complaint. Great family enviorment for a great price!! I recommend the Americana.

• Stayed August 2012
nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I was told about this hotel through a friend of my fiance and i have to say after reading the reviews I was going to cancel, but after deciding to try the place out, I'm glad we didnt. The place was great, the rooms were nice and clean and the view from my room spectacular, and the staff was very nice, not to mention the price we paid to be right on the broadwalk was a steal, the only complaint I have is that you need a strong man to open the balcony door and the water pressure was low. Other than that, this is a place I'd recommend to anyone!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Port Republic, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Nothing bad to say about this hotel. For the price and location on the boardwalk it can't be beat. Rooms are spacious and were always clean. Minor problem with AC was corrected within minutes. Indoor pool is small, but I go to the beach for the ocean, not the pool. Great location with everything you need right in front of you on the boardwalk. Staff was friendly and when we had to check out out early due to family emergency, I was credited for unused night with no penalty. We have stayed here 3 years in a row and will continue. If you need luxury I suggest the Hilton, but if you want an inexpensive, clean, friendly hotel right on the boardwalk I highly recommend the Americana.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ups643
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Upon reviewing the very detailed reviews on Tripadvisor and calling the hotel to speak with a manager to no avail (no manager on duty), we have decided to cancel not 1 but 5 rooms for the upcoming weekend. Maybe the Americana should pay heed to the criticism on Tripadvisor.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
americanamanager, General Manager at Americana Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review the Americana Hotel, We pay carefull attention to Trip Advisor reviews. If we are alerted to any problems on Trip Advisor reviews we try our best to fix them as soon as possible.

Management
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We checked in 2different rooms on Monday. The first room the sink was clogged, toilet would not flush, and the ac didn't work. 2nd room the phone and ac would not work. A member if both of our families advised of the problems and was told it would be fixed. Someone also tried breaking in by removing the lock on the first rooms door (they never fixed lock after that incident). It got so hot in the rooms we has to leave the balcony doors open. Upon checking out we asked how they would make up for our horrible stay and they didn't care justvsaid they would have the maintenance man fix the problems. DO NOT WASTE your money to stay at this nasty nasty place.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Americana Hotel? Share your experiences!