“Enjoyable Vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 106 hotels in Ocean City
Dover, Pennsylvania, United States
“Enjoyable Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Every year we try to make it to the beach twice. We always stay at the Oceanic because it is so convenient to everything! Yes, the rooms are dated but what really counts is that our rooms are always clean and the customer service is top notch!. From the ladies in the office keeping my brother and friend in continuous fresh hot coffee, helping with directions and to the maintenance crew for their prompt service you can't find none better! They are real gems!!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

217 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Newark, DE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I booked two nights at the Oceanic Motel and was very happy with what I saw online and the low price, but upon arrival I found employees who were aggressive and rude, rooms that were dirty and small, and a motel that is run down. The location is nice - too bad they don't just tear down the Oceanic and put a place people might actually enjoy there. I checked in, went to my room, realized how gross it was, and went back to say I had changed my mind and was informed that there is a no refund policy. That must be because they have so many people who want a refund after being disappointed. DO NOT GO!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I love staying on the inlet. There is so much to watch especially when the weather is bad. The housekeeper did a great job. And the people behind the desk. The Oceanic is the only place I stay when they are open!

• Stayed October 2013
gambrills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We still had a great time/with all the rain!!!Boo. This time we all stayed in the 3 bedroom cottage. I must say it was like a house.Great with full kitchen was a plus.T.V in all bedrooms and nice living room. The best part was large front porch. Parking at the rear by kitchen was good for carring every thing in.Nice bath and also a 1/2 bath. It is a little old but has that charm of back in the day of great O.C Everything is in walking distance and beautiful views. Must add the staff is great. We will be back!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We vacation at the Oceanic every year.. The location, staff and prices are amazing.. You're pretty much in your own little haven on the Inlet and yet just a walk across the street from the beautiful boardwalk. Views are breath taking from pretty much anywhere you look. The staff are always there with a smile on their faces and eager to help when needed.

Room Tip: We prefer the bay/inlet side the views are just beautiful..
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Charles Town, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have always wanted to stay here but it was always full. I finally got to stay here on the weekend of October 4,5,6, 2013 and was very pleased with everything from the service received in the office to the cleaning of the room. I was very pleased with the cleaned rooms and the location every thing was just wonderful when I left I told the lady in the office I will stay no where else when I come to Ocean City. I love the view and the short walk to the boardwalk and all. I will be back in July 2014. See you then and thanks for everything.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
tulipg17
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I've stayed at the Oceanic before and I would stay again if the price was right for my needs. I have found them to be consistent in their quality and a good choice for a comfortable (but not luxurious) OC stay.
In this instance I came for 3 nights during Bike Weekend in Sept and stayed in the West Apartment with 3 other adults. The apartment was clean and stocked with the necessities. I enjoy this motel and want them to succeed so my suggestions are in the spirit of constructive criticism in hopes that the motel will use them to improve.
1) The fold out couch bed was reasonably comfortable and the bedding was clean, but the blanket has a noticeable stain and ought to be replaced. I would also suggest a fitted sheet that fits a bit better, since this one easily comes off because it's too large.
2) The kitchen was well stocked with the basic cooking utensils and the only thing we noticed that we did not have were napkins. Please include some napkins. We noticed the appearance of ants around the kitchen after a few days but this was due to us leaving out food in unsecure containers and not the fault of the hotel. Just be aware of this.
3) The room was clean but very much in need of updating (worn out carpeting, some wall scratches and trimmings). This may give the appearance that the room isn't so clean, so some updating will go a long way to a neater look.
4) The bathroom could really use some more shelving space and hooks to hang up towels.
5) The stairs leading to the upper level could be more clearly marked (it's a little confusing with the door to the stairs closed) and often the stairway smelled a bit smoke filled due to smokers on the lower level outside. I'm sure some fresh carpet and air freshening in the stairway would help quite a bit.
6) Consider offering some pet friendly rooms. I would come here much more often if I could bring my (quiet and well mannered) dog.
Overall, I like this motel and it has a lot of that ocean city motel charm. The location is one of my favorite in Ocean City and the prices are reasonable. I enjoy staying here.

Room Tip: The waterfront rooms have the best location I think.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Oceanic Motel? Share your experiences!