I've stayed at the Oceanic before and I would stay again if the price was right for my needs. I have found them to be consistent in their quality and a good choice for a comfortable (but not luxurious) OC stay.
In this instance I came for 3 nights during Bike Weekend in Sept and stayed in the West Apartment with 3 other adults. The apartment was clean and stocked with the necessities. I enjoy this motel and want them to succeed so my suggestions are in the spirit of constructive criticism in hopes that the motel will use them to improve.
1) The fold out couch bed was reasonably comfortable and the bedding was clean, but the blanket has a noticeable stain and ought to be replaced. I would also suggest a fitted sheet that fits a bit better, since this one easily comes off because it's too large.
2) The kitchen was well stocked with the basic cooking utensils and the only thing we noticed that we did not have were napkins. Please include some napkins. We noticed the appearance of ants around the kitchen after a few days but this was due to us leaving out food in unsecure containers and not the fault of the hotel. Just be aware of this.
3) The room was clean but very much in need of updating (worn out carpeting, some wall scratches and trimmings). This may give the appearance that the room isn't so clean, so some updating will go a long way to a neater look.
4) The bathroom could really use some more shelving space and hooks to hang up towels.
5) The stairs leading to the upper level could be more clearly marked (it's a little confusing with the door to the stairs closed) and often the stairway smelled a bit smoke filled due to smokers on the lower level outside. I'm sure some fresh carpet and air freshening in the stairway would help quite a bit.
6) Consider offering some pet friendly rooms. I would come here much more often if I could bring my (quiet and well mannered) dog.
Overall, I like this motel and it has a lot of that ocean city motel charm. The location is one of my favorite in Ocean City and the prices are reasonable. I enjoy staying here.
The waterfront rooms have the best location I think.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.