“Worst place to sleep” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Alamo Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Alamo Motel
12614 Ocean Gateway, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #103 of 107 hotels in Ocean City
Shippensburg
“Worst place to sleep”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Very dirty rooms we found bugs in the beds!! Holes in the wall!! There is a reason you can't get refunds I don't understand how the place is still in business you can't even sit outside your room without the owner acting like a (man's part) stay in your car it's cleaner an safer the windows you could take out from the outside so if someone would want to come in your room all they would have to do is slid out the window pans

• Stayed July 2014

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We saw the room. It may be a good sleep here but don't expect anything newish as the furnishings are seemingly worn with age. There is no ice machine for your drink nor do they have any ice freely proffered at the office. The best features of this place is all the staff is especially nice, warm and friendly so that must count for a lot but not if you are expecting what you'd normally get as a fresh newer feeling motel room. For $40. more you can fix it by staying elsewhere otherwise save a bunch and this is the place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Could take place in a Tarentino movie. All comments you read are exact and accurate. I paid in advance and finaly dis not stay. Too dirty and felt unsafe. But somehow i am happy to have been there. It makes a good story to tell for my wife and I

• Stayed May 2013
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Dirty, the room was so smoky you could hit the curtains and smoke seeped out! Dirty, holes in the mattress, black mold on wall, broken tv. When the electric went out we left - we felt it was a dangerous place to be especially with no lights. I we had looked at the room before we rented we never would have stayed, no surprise, no refunds. why this place is still in business is beyond me, which is a shame, looks like it was a cute place at one time, maybe 50 years ago.

Room Tip: there are no good rooms. stay in your car it's safer and cleaner.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Vienna, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Our family went to the beach for the weekend and only stayed because it was the only one left vacant. As soon as you entered the room smelt rank of mold and was horrible! there was a bunk bed in my room and it was so shaky i was forced to sleep on the floor as i thought i was going to fall off. everything in the room was connected to a single extension chord and there were no outlets. lit by a single lamp the room was dark smelled and looked dirty. the mattresses were eaten up by mice and one of the sheets was stiff and looked like someone had previously wet the bed.
There was a t/v but it didn't work and was ancient. The bathroom was disgusting and for some reason all the towels and even the toilet paper was wet. The shower was either too hot or too cold and i could not sleep because of the extremely loud air conditioner and squeaky beds.
I would NEVER stay in this motel again as sleeping in the car would in my opinion be cleaner and safer

Room Tip: Find someplace else or sleep in the car!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here because we were stuck. Room smelled strongly of smoke and mildew. We asked the manager about the mild in the shower and he said it was hard to get rid of. Dirty. Old junk furniture everywhere. Horrible. Just horrible.

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This was a night mare and I had to stay here because I came with my friends on a Fourth of July weekend and my friends claim this was the only thing available and that they paid $250 a night wish is outrageous! I don't believe them but it is just horrible. The bathroom was terrible and gross. The doors kept getting hammed and I just had a really bad experience with this place. Never again I would prefer to sleep in my car next time.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Alamo Motel? Share your experiences!