The alamo motel is $75 a night for a reason, though, from my perspective that's still too much for the type of service you get. We needed a cheap place to stay for an extra day, and my parents "remembered the alamo" as a thrifty one night stop. It was my parents, brother, sister and I who were staying, so we got a room with two double beds, though my brother and i ended up sleeping on a SINGLE PERSON BLOWUP MATTRESS ON THE FLOOR! That's how disgusting it was. The sheets looked like they hadn't been cleaned for a year and the pillows smelled bad. I was afraid of catching something from it. The walls did have dents in them but not full out holes. You could see right through the curtains, so it was like having no curtains at all. The tv did work and had basic cable. But the door, as another reviewer accurately described, did appear to have been kicked in. There was a noticablely large space b/w the door and it's frame, and because of that i did not feel safe. Now there is only one word to describe the bathroom: filthy. Toilet sagged off the wall and rocked when you sat on it, you could hear the water splashing around(gross). Bugs and spiders galore, occupying every corner. There was mold in the sink and in the shower, and the water's smell varied between rust and rotten eggs. I was showering at night and the power went off TWICE, talk about scary. So basically the room sucked, but Roscoe (the owner) seemed nice enough, and even brought us extra blankets at night. The pool appeared clean and was good for a swim, but cleanliness is the #1 most important necessity for a motel (in my opinion), and this place just doesn't cut it.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.