“Poop stains on the walls???” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Alamo Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Alamo Motel
12614 Ocean Gateway, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #104 of 107 hotels in Ocean City
“Poop stains on the walls???”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

My friends and I went to ocean city for the weekend on a really low budget. We were so happy to hear that the alamo was giving rooms away for 85 dollars. This was the only exciting thing upon renting a room here. As soon as we walked in, it smelled of a mixture between moldy cheese and dead bodies. Laughing, we looked up to notice just a light bulb hanging from the ceiling. We entered the bathroom, the shower was small with just a pipe hanging from the wall. This all was but humorous until we noticed the massive amounts of black mold all over the sink and around the entire bathroom. Also, long black hairs were at the bottom of the shower and where u put the soap was crud and a razor blade that had probably been there for 3 years. This bathroom had never been cleaned. Ever. It was also easy to tell this since there was poop smeared all over the wall next to the toilet and on the wall next to the bed. The towels were blatantly dirty and merely refolded. I then heard this place is known for prostitution. I'm surprised we didn't end up with bed bugs or something because the blankets on top of the beds had burn holes and stains (which looked like blood). I understand that "you get what you pay for" but this place is hazardous to a homeless mans health.

• Stayed August 2012

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Forest Hill, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The room smelled like mildew, the floor was dirty the cable and tv did not work and the bathroom was disgusting the door had not handle and the tub, I would not think about taking a shower in there much less putting my child in it. The whole place needs to be cleaned up inside and out, the pool had rust in it and I would not even think about eating there. SOmeone needs to call the chamber of commerence and the health inspector in ocean city to let them check it out and maybe there family could stay there. We only stayed one night and that was enough. Will never go back agin.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Southern Chester County, Pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This place has a strict "no refund" policy so be sure to ask to see the room BEFORE you pay.

The shower stall was stained, the carpet was ripped and stained, the ceiling and bathroom lights are bare bulbs. The sheet was clean, but thin and placed over a stained mattress with no mattress pad. There was a 1/4" space of light shining in between the door and the door frame.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Germantown, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We have stayed at the Alamo a few times and have found that even though its old and outdated, its a place. I have not seen any prostitution or rude employees. Yes, the bathroom was tiny and old but it worked. We where there for the beach not the damn hotel! We had 7 people and only paid $95 a night which allowed our family (we have small children) the ability to do more fun things while on vacation. The bed was hard but you can't expect 5 star pillow top beds at a tiny motel just trying to get by. Also, someone had reviewed this place that stayed in 1985.....uh, it's changed owners since then. I had no bugs, no mildew, no loud teenagers, no rude staff and the pool was clean and inviting! I also did not have to walk through the bar to enter the pool. There are two entrances one gate in the fence and one in the bar (makes it nice when you need a drink). Let's figure this, people have died in other motels in Ocean City and all over the country, as long your not sharing a room with a dead body, that's not really a good point. If you were struggling trying to reach the American Dream by being a business owner, then all the negative reviews stop people from going, which in turn slows any money they could have for renovations. As I see it, if your looking for a place, not a palace then this isn't too bad. You can't find another room this cheap, hell you can't even CAMP there for this cheap. It's a room. It has locks, beds, water and a/c. Who the hell cares what it looks like? seech

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Carson, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I took a motorcycle trip across country and stayed at the cheapest hotels. This hotel was the worst of all! The first room that I was put in had no windows, dust on the a/c, and a filthy shower. I then switched to the room next door which also had no windows and smelled dank and musty. Turns out there was condensation forming on a pipe that was attached to the ceiling, the condensation had been dripping all over the carpet and bed.

Finally, after complaining, they put me into my final room which had a filthy shower with a huge crack in the base. The power went out 5 or more times that night.

Room Tip: Don't stay there, it is a rip off
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The price of the room was awful for what you got. We had one double bed and a bunk bed. The Tv went out in the storm at night. The shower wall had packing tape over half of it and you had to be like 4 foot tall to use the shower. There were spiders in the bathroom in each corner. Went swimming and the water came from a hose and you had to walk through the bar to get there. It was terrible.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Liverpool, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I was there with friends in 1982. We mainly wanted a few hours sleep and a shower. Filthy in everyway. Nothing was even OK at all... Couldn't even take a shower because it was only dripping and the water was total rust. We got ripped off. Couldn't sleep. Wasted our time and money. I can't believe health department has not shut this place down. It has to be the worst of the worst! I can't beleive it is standing!!!!! Stay far away! Not even worth it if it is the last place renting for $20 night! You have been warned. Don't come thinking we are all pampered! I was in high school and would have and did sleep on floors to go to OC!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Alamo Motel? Share your experiences!