“Prereview prior to the visit....” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12004 Coastal Hwy, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #66 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Prereview prior to the visit....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Okay, I decided I would say "Why" , I booked this Hotel and what my expectations are.
I will be traveling with my 5 year old, I am a Single Father and I plan to bring a Good friend who can't get away much due to health and finances.

I was looking for a rather inexpensive Beach trip for my Sons first experience of the shore.
I had a beach front place reserved but due to an issue with the online booking agency I used, I cancelled it.

While searching for a new place I found this one and directly through the hotels booking system was able to get a nice room within budget that offers what I am looking by being associated with the Carousel group my biggest fear of the trip being ruined by rain has been taken care of with the Carousel just 2 blocks away with an indoor pool. Which I am hoping won't be needed ,but nice to know its there if it is.

Also the other anemties the Carousel offers that a 5 year old will enjoy when a parent doesn't have alot of cash to to afford staying at such a resort during the summer season..... So that was an incentive for booking.

The fact that they are renovating and improving upon the place and that the Manager actually cares enought about his Hotel to come onto Tripadvisor and comment about the comments made about his hotel.

I have learned alot while reviewing this and other Hotels and this Manager seems to "Get it" on what a Customer is.....

So , will see how the Circles go when I actually stay and get an ipression and opnion of the stay.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
carouselresort, Manager at Coastal Palms Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear valued guest, thanks so much for Choosing our quaint Ocean Block hotel for your family Vacation. Here at the Coastal Palms, we understand the economy has been rough and your budget may not have any room for luxury which is why we offer comfortable accommodations at an exceptional value. We do offer a wonderful vacation package for our Carousel Group guests which includes the Carousel Vacation Package. This package consists of a free family photo, 10% discounted dining at any of the Carousel restaurants/bar and grill/ bistro/ Bamboo Lounge, $10 gift certificate for the gift shop, use of arcade, discounted ice skating, tropical lawn, moon bounce, pirate ship and more. We do take the time to respond to each and every comment on Trip Advisor as a courtesy to our guests! Thanks for being our guest, we hope you have enjoyed your experience!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My family and I visited Coastal Palms for a 2 night/3 day stay. The hotel looks to be new or recently remodeled condition, the rooms are very clean and comfortable, the front desk staff is exceptional, we had a wonderful stay. My preference is to stay a little closer down toward the boardwalk since I have teenage children but if unable to do so I will always look to return to Coastal Palms.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear valued guest, thank you so much for staying at the Coastal Palms. There are many advantages to staying in Uptown Ocean City including Northside Park, quieter beaches, great family oriented activities and we are still only a short drive from all the attractions in Downtown Ocean City. Thanks again for being our guest, we cant wait to have you again at the Coastal Palms!
Martinsburg, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

First of all my parents had a room and it was nicer than our suite. It appeared bigger and was cheaper. The rooms have been upgraded more so than the suites. The elevators in both buildings were slow, noisy, small, and smelt bad. We stayed in a suite with a limited ocean view but it was more like city view. We looked right out at coastal highway and it was very very noisy at all times. When the ac was on it smelled funky and made my throat hurt. The clock radio light was burned out and we could never tell what time it was. The bathroom was very small. The toilet flushed very slowly and I often wondered if it would all go down. Nice flat screen tv's. The cable went out for several hours right when the opening ceremonies were on the USA was next to enter. Parking was not the greatest. It was hard to get the luggage rack through the parking lot. The chairs were nice. Pool looked small, but did not use. The staff was nice. One night the hot water went out but was back in the morning. The balcolonies were not very private. I have stayed at worse places. If u stay here save ur money and stay in a room not a suite.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear valued guest, thanks so much for choosing the Coastal Palms for your family vacation destination. The suites in fact offer an additional room with an extra tv and night stand. The granite top vanity is much larger and the square footage is larger as well. We do admit the elevators are not new but with only 5 floors you should have never had wait. We are sorry about the cable, the town of Ocean City has had many complaints regarding Comcast this Summer and we are expecting better service in the upcoming seasons. Thank you so much for being our guest, we look forward to having you again in the future!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Let me start by saying that we booked this room on it being a "ocean view" room with a private balcony. This was way more like a motel. We got stuck of the 4th floor in the corner of the hotel and the view of the ocean could only be seen if you looked between three very large buildings, and it was still very hard to see the ocean. When I made the reservation I was going to get a city view room, but I wanted a "private balcony" so the guy from the carousel group told me to book a ocean view room and that they had private balcony's. Farthest thing from a private balcony ever. To begin we had the smallest balcony in the hotel because we were in the corner. The only thing separating us from the people in the next room was a railing that was a little over waist high. What kind of privacy is that? Since we were in the corner of the hotel they had to split the balcony for our room and the other corner room with some type of plastic separation wall that made our balcony half as small as everyone else, very cheap move. We also noticed that both of our chairs on the balcony were different. One of them was very nice and the other one looked like they went over to CVS and bought it for $2, another cheap move.

I was told the hotel was renovated recently but the hallways all throughout the hotel were very dirty and it looked like the place was still being renovated. I was told that their would be a safe in my room and when I got there, what do you know, no safe. This made my girlfriend very upset because she has had things taken out of different hotel rooms in the past, even with a safe in it. She did not want to have maids come into the room because of this reason and wanted to leave multiple times due to her not being able to leave stuff out in our room. When you were out on the balcony it was hard to hear anything over the very loud air conditioning unit from other rooms.

At about $200 a night I could not believe that this is what I got from what was supposed to be an ocean view room. If you are looking for an ocean view room with a private balcony, DO NOT STAY HERE. Overall I was very very disappointed and I vowed to never stay in a hotel room again that says ocean view if its not right on the beach. I really expected a whole lot more from this place because I thought it was going to be a great vacation. What a let down!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ASHLAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I am currently staying at the Ocean Palms Inn and Suites. The room has recently been remodelled and is very nice. As far as any bad review i've seen on here, I don't understand. Everything is clean and the room is very spacious. You can't get a better room for the price anywhere in Ocean City, in my opionion (and I've stayed at some dives here in the past). It's a short walk to the beach and far enough north of the boardwalk that you don't have near the crowds you do in that area. I would definitely stay here again and would recommed this hotel tonmy friends and family.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
carouselresort, Manager at Coastal Palms Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear valued guest, thanks for choosing The Coastal Palms for your vacation destination! We have worked hard to remodel our rooms. We pride ourselves on quality assurance and being one of the most economical finds in Ocean City. Thanks again for the great review, we cannot wait to have you as our guest again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

We already had another place to stay for 3 nights but we decided to stay an extra night and this had vacancy. We got an oceanview room and I was suprised how clean and spacious it was. It had a pull out couch, a seprate room with a door that had two queen beds, and a balcony. There were two flat screen TV's; one infront of the chouch/table and one in the bedroom area. Everything was clean except some yellow stuff in the sink which I think was just a stain. The location is pretty good, short walk to the beach and restaurants but not near the boardwalk. The restaurant next door, the Crabcake Factory, has the best crab dip! For the one night we were here it was very comfortable, I'd stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
carouselresort, Manager at Coastal Palms Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear valued guest, thank you for choosing the Coastal Palms as your vacation accommodations! We have recently renovated many of the features in all the rooms are are happy you noticed! We do have a great location close to many local attractions and nightlife. Be sure to check out Northside Park next time you visit for a great escape to enjoy some Eastern Shore Beauty! Thanks again for being our guest!
Newark, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was excited to be able to get a room during the prime 4th of July week 2012. The rates were commensurate with the season and lower than other hotels in the area. They allowed me to check in early which was wonderful. The room was clean and neat and cool, which is vitally important during the heat wave we had this year. It was nice to have the coffee pot in the room and it was an added benefit to have a tiny freezer area in the fridge for a frozen snack or two. Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone. The sitting room was especially nice as my granddaughter had her own tv and a comfy place to sit while I vegged out in my own room with MY tv. No fighting over what to watch when we were not at the beach. This location is within easy walking distance to almost anything you would need.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear valued guest, thanks so much for your kind review! We keep our price point lower than the competition as a courtesy to our guests. We work hard to make sure your vacation is one to remember! Thanks again for being our guest, we can't wait to see you again in the future!

Been to Coastal Palms Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!