“Great place In OC!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Spinnaker Motel

You added Spinnaker Motel to your Saves list
Spinnaker Motel
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   18th Street & Baltimore Avenue, Ocean City, MD 21842-0519   |
Ranked #14 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Staten Island, New York
“Great place In OC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Arrived 8/19-8/25 stayed in room 104, family of 5. Great room, the best part about an efficiency is you can bring your own coffee, store your beer or sangria in the frig. Cook and reheat food, buy cold cuts and break or whatever at the Food lion on rt.50, make sandwiches before hitting the beaches. Saves the parents money, no need to bring everything with you down to OC hit the FOOD LION.
Housekeeping was very good, Ellen was very nice and took care of us very well. I recommend getting a room in the tower above the cafe, good breakfast and you can get 2 breakfast coupons for the adults when you book your room. Saves the $$$, plenty of parking. Only thing the elevator are slowwwwwww....and for your Dunkin Donut nuts there is one up the block!! Overall we had a great week and a good hotel makes it better.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Mt. Holly Springs Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The staff was great. They were all very nice and polite. Whatever we needed help with they were very helpful. The rooms were very clean. There location is very close to boardwalk. And a quiet location to. If you arrive early they let you use a changing room and give you a call on your cell phone when your room is ready. Very nice place. Will definitely book a room there again.Had a great time.

Room Tip: Corner suites are nice and sunny.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I would give it 5 stars if it was cleaner. There is sand and hair left in every corner. Stains on chairs, couch, and bed sheets. Shower was clean though I think it was brand new. The women in the office are very friendly!! The location is also good right on the boardwalk/beach. The location makes up for the cleanliness of the place. If they cleaned it up a bit I would deff consider staying here again next year!

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This place was wonderful, first time staying here, House Keeping was excellent, Pool perfect, and Staff very helpful. Perfect place for Family Get-Away, would highly recommend to anyone, very Quiet and Peaceful. Really enjoyed myself. Thanks to all the Spinnaker Staff. See You Next Year.

Room Tip: Stay in any room, I was on the first floor by the Pool
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was our first stay in Ocean City, MD and stayed at this hotel because it was a referral from a friend. My family arrived 2hrs early for check in and was allowed to park on the property and given access to the pool and changing rooms until the room was ready. Which they nicely called my cell at 3pm to let me know our room was ready. The only complaints we had with our room was our door was very tricky to open. We had to pull the door really hard scan our key and hope for the best. Sometimes took several tries to get in. Also the toilet continued to run and we had to jiggle the handle to get it to stop. The cafe at the hotel Malia's was so cute service was great and the food was yummy. When we checked out at 11 we were told that we could still stay parked on property til as late as 3pm and still use the pool if we liked. Overall view from 4th floor was nice and would probably stay here again but maybe look for something a little closer to the action on the boardwalk so not So much walking for the kids.

Kennett Square, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect from this hotel as I just booked based on a few TripAdviser reviews when we decided to vacation with my Mother-in-law but her hotel did not have any availability. As I rate this motel, bear in mind it is a BEACH motel, not a fancy hotel. I travel a lot for work and have stayed in many Marriots and Hiltons and I obviousy cannot compare a boardwalk/beach motel using the same criteria.

First, I'll comment on the location: this hotel is two buildings that are perpendicular to the beach and another set of condos is beachfront. But the rooms at the Spinnaker have sort of a side view of the ocean. I really like to be able to see/hear/smell the beach from my room, so I was dubious about this, but it really did provide an oceanfront feel.

Second, the room: I booked an efficiency room for an extra 12 dollars or so (I think it was about $250 per night, at peak summer). The layout was peculiar at first, but quite functional in the end because the bathroom was directly inside the room to the left, which offered privacy from the living/bedroom space which was straight ahead, but through the kitchen. The only thing is that I had to make sure no family members were dressing in the bathroom or using the toilet with the door open before opening the door to our room! (Our children are still young). But the thing that struck us the most was it was CLEAN. The carpets were clean and I even walked on them barefoot, which I usually won't do in a motel room. And while this is a beach-motel in it's furnishings overall they were very nicely appointed. Maybe the bathrooms could have had more counter space or a bit of updating, but overall it was really quite nice. The sheets were SUPER CLEAN and the whole room had a very faint bleachy-clean smell, which was reassuring. The complimentary toiletries were crap, so don't count on them; bring your own! I suppose they'd work in a pinch, though. The kitchen had a small stove, microwave, and a good-sized refrigerator (which we find necessary for storing water and soda mostly). There was a small assortment of dishes and pots and silverware. I used them to make and serve shells and cheese in the room one day and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Pool: The pool was cleaned every morning and while small, it was adequate and there was a large sundeck nearby (through another gated area).

Our housekeeper was great. We were in 507 and I believe her name was Alice. Good Job!

Other: The front desk at checkout was very friendly. Upon checkin they were a bit exasperated but not unfriendly. The cafe downstairs, Malia's, was nice for a breakfast or lunch and I used them every morning for a coffee instead of brewing a pot for just me in our room.

Cons: Elevators were a bit slow and the stairwells were a poor option. We couldn't get into them from the ground floor and they were very dirty. Also, there seemed to be cigarettes everywhere. Although I noticed lots of cigarettes in general in Ocean City, MD, so perhaps this is normal for the city in general.

Overall, it was a good location, right on the boardwalk and beach and offers a lot of things within walking distance: Phillip's buffet, mini golf, other restaurants and many shops and bike rentals. Was $250 per night too much? Yes, but that's because the beach is the place to be in late August and that's just what you have to spend to get something that is even remotely nice. The two other hotels I looked at were well over $350 per night, so what I saved on staying here, I spent on food/fun! I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend and consider a repeat stay if we should return to Ocean City.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at the spinnaker and could not have been happier with the location, room quality, and service. There is ample parking, a nice pool, and the features in the rooms (tv, balcony, small kitchen) were great. Diane the housekeeper was especially friendly and accommodating. The rooms are not exceptionally fancy but everything is well taken care of and the closeness of the boardwalk and many major Ocean City attractions made the trip for us! I would recommend the Spinnaker to anyone traveling to
Ocean City!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Spinnaker Motel? Share your experiences!