Talbot Inn is close to the rides and a few very good restaurants (and just across the bridge from our favorite restaurant in OC, Shark On The Harbor). As you can see from the photo attached, it is newer construction by Ocean City standards, but the price point, for the fantastic location, is very affordable.
The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, the tv is LCD HD. Rooms have fridge, microwave, hairdryer, coffee maker and the little conditioner bottles. Kids did not get black feet from walking barefoot on the carpeting, which was comfy and newish.
It's a ten minute walk to rides, games, boardwalk and the widest part of Ocean City's very clean beach. Excursions leave from the dock right outside the hotel.
The sunset photo attached was taken from our hotel balcony 8/8/2012.
The reasons I can't give Talbot Inn five-out-of-five:
1. There is not enough parking. If you are lucky to get a parking space the walk to the rooms is very short, but otherwise you have to let their (free) valet park your car for you, and they keep the key until you need it or they can find a spot.
2. There was a hole in the bathroom ceiling right over the shower. A big hole. about eight inches by twelve inches, we could see the insulation and rafters.
3. The smoke detector was hanging from the ceiling by the wires, as if it went off and someone hit it with a broom. How can they not fix this before check-in?
4. No daily changes of bedsheets.
All in all, we were very pleased with our stay and will be back next year.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Talbot Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talbot Hotel Ocean City