“Family hotspot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Plaza Hotel

Save Saved
You added Beach Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Beach Plaza Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1301 Atlantic Avenue, 13th Street & the Boardwalk, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #63 of 106 hotels in Ocean City
Manhasset
“Family hotspot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I recently stayed at the Beach Plaza Hotel for 3 nights. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay- the staff was attentive, prices were reasonable... Overall, a fun place for the family! Thinking about booking a stay for next year!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Caitlin E, Front Office Manager at Beach Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. The entire staff is delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay. Our beach front location makes the Beach Plaza the ideal spot for family vacations. Looking forward to your return next year.

178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Beach Plaza Hotel hosted me and some friends and it was a great experience. The people who work there were nice and easy to approach. The rooms were nice as well and it was an affordable price. Look to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Caitlin E, General Manager at Beach Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Beach Plaza. The entire staff is delighted you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to you returning in the near future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We booked a Deluxe large corner apartment, there is nothing about the room that is deluxe or large :( the photos are extremely deceiving. We had 4adults, 2 children, and one newborn. When we checked in there were dirty towels on our bed, and dust bunnies over the furniture. Before I booked the room I called to ask if it had a balcony and a view, the girl told me it had both. The room has neither!! When we look out or room window we see the parking lot, the only balcony is shared outback over 30ft away.i asked for the room to be cleaned and it wasn't. I can't believe it cost 320 a night for so little!! :( what did I like? It was a good location. Friendly staff. We will NOT stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Caitlin E, General Manager at Beach Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Our large corner apartments have 2 full size beds in the bedroom and 2 day beds in the living room. There is a small balcony off the living room on our second floor apartments. I will be sharing your housekeeping comments with the staff in order to rectify any shortcomings.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I recently stayed at the Beach Plaza Hotel for 3 nights in August.

Upon check in, I learned that the hotel had no hot water. My thoughts...great...I'm going to be sweaty from the beach all day with no way to really bathe. We decided to stay regardless. In the end, glad we did but will not be returning to this hotel in the future. The lobby was nice, staff was friendly, and housekeeping did a nice job. The rooms were VERY outdated, bathroom was clean but appeared dirty due to the mold and rust EVERYWHERE. Our ceiling tiles fell down out of the bathroom while we were out on the 2nd day, but housekeeping cleaning it up immediately, which was nice. They still give out keys, and it took up a couple of minutes each time we tried to enter the room, because the door knob was all screwed up and wasn't easy to unlock the door. Not a big deal, but annoying.

Upon check out, I made a comment to the person at the desk that I was glad that there were finally able to get the hot water back (on the day of our check out it came back on). Her response to me was "well...it was humid yesterday, so I wouldn't have wanted to get a hot shower anyway". Really? You are going to say that to a patron who had to bathe in ice water for the past 3 days? Seriously, do you know what it's like to bathe in ice water? It's not luke warm, like the shower you may have preferred.

Perhaps I'm a bit hung up on the fact that there was no hot water available at the hotel, but in my opinion, the price of the hotel was already on the steep side. They do not offer any amenities like other hotels in the area, like refrigerators, safes, or a pool. If you aren't going to give me hot water to bathe in, seriously what is the point in keeping the room? Oh, it's because you didn't bother to tell me until I checked in, so it was too late to find a vacancy somewhere else.

We paid for an ocean view room, because I had the delusion that I would be able to open the windows and listen to the ocean while sleeping. WRONG! Teenagers all night long on the boardwalk screaming drowned out any sounds of the ocean. This is not the hotel's fault, just very disappointing.

In the end, I will not be staying here again. It was a very average hotel at best, with a hefty pricetag with no amenities.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
It is unfortunate that our hot water system went down without any advance warning and we called all arrivals using the phone numbers supplied by our guests when making their reservations. In some cases the home phone number was given and the guests was already on the road to Ocean City.
Morrisdale, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

First we booked upon leaving last year and when they took out the deposit our total bill was at least 500 dollars more than what it was supposed to be. They did reduce the price but when we arrived we were in the wrong room from what we booked. We had reserved Apt. # 507 & 509, We did have 509 but had to stay the 1st night upstairs and then move the next day. The rooms were dirty and 2 people could not get hot water for 2 showers. Cleaning staff could not understand English and didn't clean the one room from the day we arrived on Saturday until Thursday when we complained. We had to ask for towels and for them to take out garbage every day. The sheets were not changed and the bathrooms were not cleaned. I borrowed a broom to sweep off the porch as they didn't do that either. We were told we would be compensated for the mix up on the rooms because it was your fault but we were not. I would not recommend this place to my dog. The Beach Plaza has run this place into the ground. The appliances in the kitchen are outdated. No large pans to cook with. No light at all in the one bedroom and we had to take one out of the living room. Will not return to this place even if it was the only one available, I would choose another beach. By the reviews I see I am not the only one who thinks the place is terrible. Location is great and that is the only plus this place has.

Room Tip: Do not book a stay here. It's dirty and noisy and not updated. Same appliances as kitchen stuf...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Caitlin E, General Manager at Beach Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
We are extremely sorry to hear that your recent stay was not a pleasant one. I am sharing your housekeeping comments with our executive housekeeper so we can improve our service and provide better service for our future guests.
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Booked this hotel because it was the cheapest on the boardwalk but still very expensive (total $420 for two nights). The hotel itself is old and dingy they still use keys to get into the room. The inside looks boutique ish style. The weekend we stayed that Friday night the electricity went off for a few hours we wanted to sit outside on the porch which was nice but their were smokers everywhere and the restaurant (which had no customers whatsoever) did not allow us to sit on their side. The next day after spending a day at the beach we found out that there will be no hot water and it wouldn't be fixed until that Tuesday. They only gave me a $50.00 refund. The only good thing about this place is the location. Needless to say I will not return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Caitlin E, General Manager at Beach Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
The severe storm that hit Ocean City affected all of Ocean City and caused a transformer feeding the Beach Plaza to go out. Not only did it cause a loss of power, but the stormed caused major damage to our boilers that provide hot water. The new boilers are installed now and the hotel once again back to normal.
Manchester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights, first and last time I will go to this hotel. The only nice thing about this hotel is the location. We stayed in the "renovated part" the apartments. The renovations were obviously as cheap as possible. The kitchen is way outdated, the tiles shift under your feet, our bathroom window was cracked, the toilet rocked, no ventilation in the bathroom and the walls are extremely paper thin. Does not have a pool or balconies. I know now why it was a little less expensive than the other boardwalk hotels. I have stayed a lot of places, and this one is the only one that I literally couldn't sleep because of the noise from the side apartments and the ones overhead.
Not worth the money!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Our renovated efficiencies included the bathroom and bedroom areas. The bathrooms were completely gutted and retiled along with new tubs. The bedroom area has new carpeting, wallcoverings, artwork, and new bedding. When your location is right on the beach, it is not necessary to have a pool.

Been to Beach Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!