I'm NEVER one to complain, I normally just go with the flow. I also am never one to speak up either. When my boyfriend and I wanted to book a room, we booked this place because the price was moderate and everything else was booked. When we called to make a reservation, they didn't ask us how old we were, and email address for the reservation to be sent to, how many people were staying, who's name was on the credit card, etc. upon arrival, an older lady at the front counter was HIGHLY unprofessional and rude! When asked for all of our Ids, she reportedly accused us of lying when making reservations. (were 19&20). No where does the website say an age restriction, nor did the lady booking it for us. She continuously told us "not to mess up," and had us all sign a contract that we wouldn't. At this point, I had felt extremely unwelcomed. All was well until we checked out. May I add the toilet did NOT work. She also continued to tell me that my credit card was on file for damages. Were straight A students. SO ready to leave, we're checking out only to find out there was a balance that hadn't been paid. We paid everything off when we got there. The older lady who checked us in charged us $60 for the extra two people we had with us. Never did they ask on the phone how many people were staying, it was like they were trying to get us right off the phone. We booked a double bed room, for 4 people. Like I said, I'm never one to say anything, but I was beyond upset, and felt extremely disrespected! I will NEVER stay here again!!! And one last thing, they welcome high school graduating seniors. We are now in our second years of college, how does that make sense?!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beach Plaza oceanfront hotel is located at 13th Street on the famous Ocean City, MD Boardwalk. The hotel’s beachfront location is ideal for family beach vacations, weekend getaways or your next golf vacation. Beach Plaza guests are just a short stroll down the boardwalk to numerous restaurants, nightclubs, amusement rides and shopping.The Beach Plaza Hotel offers a variety of accommodations to meet your needs, from oceanfront guest rooms, efficiencies and 1-bedroom apartments to spacious 3-bedroom apartments that can accommodate up to eight guests. Hotel amenities include free parking, on-site bike rental, comfortable rocking chairs on the spacious porch overlooking the boardwalk and convenient beach rentals for your chair, umbrella and boogie board desires.Enjoy our warm Eastern Shore hospitality, spectacular ocean views and spacious accommodations - all just steps from spectacular Atlantic beaches and the famous Ocean City Boardwalk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Beach Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Phillips Beach Plaza
- Phillips Beach Plaza Ocean City
- Phillips Beach Plaza Hotel