“Most Friendly,Professional Staff I Have EVER Dealt With!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Plaza Hotel

You added Beach Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Beach Plaza Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1301 Atlantic Avenue, 13th Street & the Boardwalk, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #51 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Warminster, Pennsylvania
“Most Friendly,Professional Staff I Have EVER Dealt With!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

From Cheri in reservations,to Doug the general manager,to Jane and Debbie at the front desk,I have never had a more pleasant experience in a hotel in my life! In a day and age where customer service seems to have disappeared,these people have renewed my faith that there are places that still care about their guests.I was overwhelmed by their kindness and dedication to making sure we had the most enjoyable stay possible.It was a true vacation in every sense of the word! I will gladly stay here again and again!

Room Tip: All the rooms are clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Doug H, General Manager at Beach Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
The entire staff at the Beach Plaza thanks you for your kind comments. It is extremely rewarding to know that our efforts are appreciated. We will continue to treat each guest as if they were staying with us in our homes.
We are looking forward to your next visit and repeating the same experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is the second year in a row that we stayed here. It is right on the board walk, but not in the heart of all the hustle and bustle. We LOVE sitting on the rockers at night with a cocktail. The ice cream shop below is perfect also. The rooms are a little dated, but always clean. The front desk ladies are ALWAYS smiling and happy!!! They are definitely an asset to the stay! For the money this is a great hotel. We will be staying here again next year!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Souderton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

After reading recent reviews I was concerned about the reservations I had made here. Yes it is an older hotel. But it has a great location on the boards, We had an oceanfront room in the hotel, which was updated. It was clean, beds were ok to sleep on, I prefer pillowtop, but they weren't overly firm that you woke up with a bad back. Nice to sit out on the porch in the rockers with a drink from the bar and watch the surf roll in. Reasonable price compared to other hotels on the boardwalk.

Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Let me begin by saying, wow does this place have style!! The porch has rocking chairs facing straight at the Atlantic ocean. The lobby is immaculately clean and has just about the most fascinating decor I have ever seen. It brings me back in time with its old antique-esque style and eveything goes so well together!

The staff is wonderful!!! There is this friendly, down to earth lady that helps to clean to room who is so funny, spunky and lovely!

Bedroom: it reminded me of a bed and breakfast! The bed was so comfy, the room cozy and there was even a flat screen tv.

The location is perfect!!!!!!! Walking distance to the best part of the boardwalk!!!

This place succeeded my expectations. I am so coming back next year!!

Woodbridge, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, with another couple and split the cost. Very rustic hotel, which we liked. Customer service not friendly like at other hotels, as far as greeting and saying hello. Complained when we asked for a few more towels and never cleaned the room although we asked them to. Last day we were there, other couple left before check out, so therefore the hotel staff came to our door and asked us to leave, 2 hours before check out time. We don't plan on staying at this hotel again.

salisbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

husband and i stayed here, and the room is outdated and could use some cleaning, and fixing. other then this, it was ok, but small. but the view of the ocean was great. its right on the boardwalk.the front desk girl alison was very nice and the secuity guy was really super. we would stay here again,as it is a room and it suited our purpose.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I'd just like to say that although I didn't stay at the hotel because of an issue with the booking agency I cnacelled.
But was impressed how quickly my deposit was refunded and that a written leeter was mailed that showed the deposit was returned.

With such courtesy service to a customer who didn't stay, I would think one that does stay would be pleased with the hotel staff when staying at the hotel.

After my expierence with using an online booking agency I think going forward I will use them as a reference but Call the Hotel directly to negoiate the rate offered online as using a " middle man" becomes a real headache when you are misled on the price by them changing the date on you when you book. Sorry I can't name the booking agency as still in negotiation.

Room Tip: Deal with the Hotel directly, AVOID using an online booking agency, Just use the online booking s...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Beach Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!