We stayed in the Castle North Suites which where newly remodeled this year. This was our first stay at this property. The positive: The suite had new carpeting/flooring, furniture, walls looked good with new paint. It had a nice view of the beach & ocean from the living area. Price was more economical than staying at the Holiday inn & suites or the Hilton Suites. The property was convenient for getting to the beach. Wait staff service on the beach nice.
The negatives: I don't like the motel type access to our room. (I prefer interior hallways.), We were on the 3rd floor & took the steps instead of the elevator most times. I didn't like the fact that there were beer bottles & cans on the staircases sitting there for days! The enclosed staircase adjacent to the Coconuts bar just smelled musty/old. My husband said like stale beer at his old fraternity house.
Our first night we took showers, my husband complained that there was no regulating the hot/cold water. I thought he was just being nit picky but sure enough it went from warm too scolding hot ,back to frigid cold literally within a minute.. That was the longest shower I've ever had since I was soapy & trying to find a decent temp. that I could rinse off. Shows not everything could be upgraded & this is an older property. First thing in the morning, I phoned front desk to tell about our problem & have it fixed before we needed showers. Person on the phone actually chuckled?! No apology about the problem. We weren't laughing during our shower experiences with the water going from scolding to frigid in seconds!!! They did have maintenance come shortly to fix the shower. It was better but still not the best quality or water pressure for that matter.
The bedroom at the entrance of the unit was really warm compared to the living area. I think the a/c in the living room was supposed to reach all the way to the back bedroom? There was only a ceiling fan in the bedroom. Glad to have stayed only 3 nights.
Upon checkout, customer service lacking. No, "How was your stay?" or even "Hope you come back" as other more upscale hotels offer. I think I'll pass on this place next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premiere direct oceanfront family resort with desirable location on two blocks sun-kissed beach. Guest amenities include free wireless internet, Olympic pool with diving board, sand volleyball court, beach equipment rentals on-site, free kid’s activities, and live entertainment daily in season. Beach House dining offers a la carte breakfast and buffet breakfast daily. Coconuts Beach Bar offers open-air beachfront patio dining. Waitress service on our beach and pool deck. Take A Dip Ice Cream Shop open Memorial Day thru Labor Day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Castle in the Sand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle In The Sand Hotel Ocean City
- Castle In The Sand Ocean City Md