We liked the description "ocean view blocked by natural dunes." We booked a first floor unit in the Waverly building. We had a small patio outside our rear door with a table and two chairs and two lounge chairs. We could sit in the sun shielded by grassy dunes separating us from the ocean beach. A very short walk led around the dunes to the very clean beach and ocean. The room was good. We had a couch, dining table, flat screen TV on a bureau/desk and a tiny equipped kitchen with two burners, oven, small fridge, and microwave. We had free internet access. The hotel restaurant offered breakfast only in September. It was buffet or a la carte. They offered simple basic food and had a make your own Belgian waffle station. For $9.99 the buffet was a good deal. Room cleaning could have been a little better. Noticible debris didn't disappear while we were there. Prompt response for a non working remote control.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premiere direct oceanfront family resort with desirable location on two blocks sun-kissed beach. Guest amenities include free wireless internet, Olympic pool with diving board, sand volleyball court, beach equipment rentals on-site, free kid’s activities, and live entertainment daily in season. Beach House dining offers a la carte breakfast and buffet breakfast daily. Coconuts Beach Bar offers open-air beachfront patio dining. Waitress service on our beach and pool deck. Take A Dip Ice Cream Shop open Memorial Day thru Labor Day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Castle in the Sand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle In The Sand Hotel Ocean City
- Castle In The Sand Ocean City Md