“A Flaming Oh Yeah good time.” 4 of 5 stars

Flamingo Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3100 Baltimore Ave., Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #51 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“A Flaming Oh Yeah good time.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Real comfy beds.. my balcony was set back but had a view of the beach. Real nice value for a Ocean City hotel. It is located a little north of the Boardwalk but not so far that you can't walk to it. Was nice and clean and had a Fridge and Microwave, so late night snacks after Seacrets not a problem. Enjoyed my stay and will be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here for one night, the room was clean, staff friendly, easy parking, very close to the beach, Pool was clean and nice. Very close to the beach, very short walk.
the balcony even had an ocean view. very cool

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Severna Park, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

This review is from our stay in late 2012.
We arrived early, hoping for early check in .. it was unclear whether our room was clean - which was odd, because the place seemed empty... As it was, they did allow us early check in, so for that we were grateful! The staff we encountered were nice.

We ended up in the old building & was it old! Thankfully our plans only included a one night stay - otherwise we'd have protested.. The bathroom, classic 1950's, small! It was one of those motels you wouldn't want to put luminol on any of the surfaces for fear of what you might discover! The plan wasn't to hang out in the room other than to sleep, so again it was tolerable, so we thought. My allergy to mold acted up during our short stay - which cleared soon after we left the next day .. I'm thinking my stuffy head/sinuses protected me from any foreign smells that wafted through the room. My poor husband had to endure it all.

I'd like to say its all been cleaned up by now - but I sort of doubt it ...

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We have been staying at the Flamingo Motel for years and have never been disappointed. The Staff is attentative and friendly. The Flamingo motel has a friendly atmosphere and its location is convenient to everything. Its the perfect vacation location. After parking your car, you will not need it for the rest of your stay. Fun in the sun, things to do, places to go, and total relaxation is all at the Flamingo Motel.

Room Tip: The terrace level rooms I feel are most convenient. Just walk out to the beach. :)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jackson, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed here April 30th, which was off-season. Reasonably clean, price is certainly good outside of peak Summer season. A little ways north of the Boardwalk, but within a couple of blocks and in Summer you can pay $3 and hop the Boardwalk tram to the "action" (nightly fireworks, etc.) down toward the inlet. Several decent eateries in this area too -- including Fractured Prune for breakfast. I stayed further down on the Boardwalk later in 2013 and the room wasn't as nice as the Flamingo! Parking is a bit tight, but at least they have some here. Kitchenette would have been useful if staying for several days.

Room Tip: The section I stayed in had no elevators, so be warned if you have mobility issues.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Frostburg, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have been staying at the Flamingo Motel for the last 15 years and I have always been a satisfied customer! The rooms and property are always clean and well-maintained and the staff is always super friendly and helpful! I always arrive in the morning-even though check-in isn't until 3 p.m.-and I am always given a parking permit immediately. There is a changing room off of the indoor pool which allows us to change into our bathing suits and hit the beach for the day. The front desk clerk always calls my cell phone to notify me as soon as our room is ready. The motel is within walking distance of Jolly Roger Amusement Park and many stores (deli, convenience store, McDonald's, Burger King, shopping, etc.). I started staying at the Flamingo Motel years ago because the price was right for my limited budget but, even though I can now afford to stay pretty much anywhere I want, I continue to stay at the Flamingo Motel because of the cleanliness, convenience, and the outstanding staff. I'll definitely be staying at the Flamingo Motel again soon!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The only good thing about this motel is the friendly staff and that it was close to the beach and bored walk. Other then that the bathroom was dirty, small and extremely hot with no ventilation. The room its self was ok just sooooo hot. We called about the air twice and was told it was a new air conditioner and there was nothing they could do to fix it. That it was just from being on the second floor and having the sun beating on the building and we weren't the only room complaining about the hot rooms. I will say they did finally give us a fan which did help a little bit, not that it matter since it was our last night. If you are planning on staying more then a night or two I would find a new motel unless you have low standers on cleanliness and don't mind coming back to a hot room after being out in the hot sun all day. So if that doesn't bother you then this is the top choice but if you wanna have a nice time and enjoy your vacation go somewhere else!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Flamingo Motel? Share your experiences!