“Clean motel with friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Flamingo Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3100 Baltimore Ave., Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #37 of 106 hotels in Ocean City
Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
“Clean motel with friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have stayed here many times over the past 20 years or so. Don't expect the Ritz. Do expect an affordable, very clean place to stay with a short walk to the beach. In the heart of OC, close to Jolly Roger amusement park, many restaurants and only a couple of blocks to the boardwalk. The staff is always friendly & helpful. My favorite think is that if you arrive before check-in, they will issue your parking pass and allow use of changing room & swimming pools. Then they give you a courtesy call if your room is ready early! :)

Room Tip: I prefer to stay in Tower I, where the outdoor pool is. Tower II has the indoor pool and most of th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed at the Flamingo Motel for the 4th of July weekend. We arrived July 3rd at 9am and checked out July 7th. I was worried because check in is at 3pm, so I asked if I could pay to have an early check in and the very nice girl up front checked to see if the room was available and it was not. She gave us the parking permits and said go and enjoy the pool ( showed us the bathrooms); took my cell# and said she would call us as soon as the room was ready. Sure enough at around noon she called us and we checked in.
This is not a Hilton or a Sheraton.. With that said, DO not expect that kind of quality, but this is a very clean hotel. It is stock in the 70's except for the flat screen TV!!!. Bathroom is out dated, appliances outdated, decorations.. everything is outdated but CLEAN and all the staff is nice and friendly. I did bring my own sheets and pillows becauase I did not know what to expect and I also had a gigantic Lysol. We travel to OC, MD every year for the 4th of July weekend and this year we were looking for savings and I can't complaint. I realized we are not in the room, most of the day. We are there in the afternoon take a shower go out then back at night take a shower and go to bed so why keep spending all my money. We had no issues with noise or smokers or parking and we were 1 block away from the amusement park ( I have 3 kids) so that worked great! 2 block away from board walk!!
Overall, I liked it and will be coming back. Is very close to the beach and it has two great clean pools and awesome staff!! By the Way Air Conditioners were Great!!

Room Tip: I had an efficiency which is the Oldest building and it was very quiet and family friendly. 1 block...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

The Flamingo is a nice hotel with very nice people working there. The shower had fantastic water pressure which most hotels don't. The only kind of down side is it is an ocean view room. Not ocean front. And your pretty much looking at a parking lot with an ocean behind it. But for the location,money,and staff you really can't beat it

• Stayed May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

A lot of the reviews of this hotel claim it is "clean". My version of "clean" and the others version must be different. The bedding is old, low quality and I wouldn't let it touch my skin - that bad. Thankfully I happened to have a pkg of disinfectant wipes in my bag and I used it to wipe down every surface I could. The loud drunken arguments of the other guests could be heard through the paper thin walls/doors. The door when closed left a 1/4 gap around it - you don't need a peep hole.

We originally booked two nights - we checked out in the am - we weren't staying another night and didn't care if we didn't get a refund.

The staff was friendly enough.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here last summer with some friends, the room itself was pretty basic, nothing too fancy. It was clean, however it could have been cleaner, there was dust on the vents and small cob webs in the corners. The staff was very friendly. I booked a stay here again this summer, you just can't beat the price.

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I are regular visitors to Ocean City during peak season and non. Flamingo hotel is our hotel of choice. The staff is friendly, rooms are clean, great location and the prices are worth every dime!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Eddystone, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We booked here sept of 2012 and enjoyed our stay. We got a great price for the room I think it was like 100 a night if that and if you've stayed in ocmd before you know how pricey the hotels can get. The pool was nice the room was clean and had a balcony so you had a side view of the ocean. Parking was included. No complaints! Would definitely stay here again as a matter of fact they already mailed me a discount postcard for this summer !

Room Tip: It's a hotel at the beach who really cares about the room!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Flamingo Motel? Share your experiences!