“Last minute, short family trip” 4 of 5 stars

Flamingo Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3100 Baltimore Ave., Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #51 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Last minute, short family trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were looking for a hotel at the last minute and wanted something near the beach with a pool. The Flamingo is very conveniently located near the beach, boardwalk, and other attractions. The room was clean but needed some updating, pull out couch was not very comfortable. Room had a small kitchenette which made small meals very easy and convenient, balconies were spacious, great view of the ocean and town from our side room. Plenty of storage for 4 people, nice size rooms, reasonably priced. Pool area was very nice, indoor and outdoor pool were great! Kids had a great time. Staff was very helpful, loved that we could use the pool and restroom facilities as soon as we arrived even though it was prior to check-in time and we could also use the facilities on the day we checked out too, which was extremely nice!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
White Plains
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed at the Flamingo Motel OCMD, it was ok. The balconies were a good size but the ocean view was not all that, since another motel is infront of the flamingo. Friendly staff and rooms were clean. Location was good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We have been staying at The Flamingo when visiting OCMD for the last several years. It is a very good hotel on the beach right in the middle of town. The rooms are a good size with balconies that have a good view of the ocean, the bay or both depending on the location of your room. It has an indoor and an outdoor pool and the hotel is within walking distance of several good restaurants, a large amusement park, and stores, if you need any of those "last minute items."

I recommend this hotel because of its reasonable price, its quality ammenities, and its great location.

Room Tip: We always choose a "side view" room which has a view of both the beach and the bayside of...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
mt top
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed at the Flamingo for a short family trip. We used to stay here yearly before we had kids. The reasonable price brought me back for this trip. Nice beach hotel for a great price. Clean rooms and friendly staff. Great location across the street from Jolly Roger Amusement Park, McDonalds, and Burger King. Two blocks from the beginning of the board walk. My husband and I used to walk it nightly, or you can hop on the tram. Only complaint was the indoor pool. The water had an oder (the kids still swam). Repeat customer and AAA discount!! I will definitely go back in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Edwardsville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I just came back from Ocean City and stayed at the Flamingo. I stayed here two years ago and thought it was a fine place for what you pay for. Well unfortunately, the only good thing about this hotel is the location for the beach. By the end of the week, there was absolutely no parking for those staying in the motel. You had to walk about a block just to get to your room. We had issues with the refrigerator and our balcony door. The door was fixed but the refrigerator was either freezing our drinks and food or not keeping them cool. Spoke with two different staff members, one was extremely nice while the other was extremely rude. Air filters were not cleaned because those in my party were extemely sick by the end of the week. For the money you pay, I would not stay here again. I will spend more money next time and stay at a decent hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I've gone to this place a few times. Only reason havent been back since 2008 was I've been busy in my career. But I do plan to RETURN this summer if I can spare the time. It's WELL WORTH the money, and has all I need for a relaxing beach stay with a nice room with a view. I never found the rooms dirty. And I love the old decor--it's part of WHY I chose this place. Certainly better staff than the main name hotels. I've recommend this place to my friends AND my customers. Walls are THICK -- so I can SLEEP. A BIG Factor to me is the place is NOT NOISY -- probably due to the very good construction.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

My husband and I stay here every year!! Look its a clean place and a great location. Sure it looks old, but it is clean. Its not the Hilton, but nothing in Ocean City is except well the Hilton. The price is competitive and if you are a repeat customer you get an extra discount. You get all you need in the Flamingo and we love it!! The employees are all so helpful and nice!! Its the perfect place to stay if you are going to O.C. Trust me we tried staying at one other place and it was a dump compared to the Flamingo!! As far as the ice.....its free you do not need any quarters according to one review. Bring your own pillow would be my only negative...I have neck issues though so for me I need my pillow.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Flamingo Motel? Share your experiences!