The room was clean. I liked the price of a "best available" room. We had an end unit with a very nice view of the ocean and boardwalk on the 4th floor.
I'd prefer an outdoor pool. The indoor pool area was small, and it was not heated. The elevators were slow. The restaurant had a $3.99 special for breakfast. The pizza was delicious, but be prepared for slow service.
The front desk folks were always courteous. The drinks were $1.50 and the candy/snacks were also $1.50 so remember to bring your own drinks/snacks. The in room refrigerator was nice and clean. The coffee in room was nice. The bathroom was very small, but clean. For a boardwalk hotel, it was a decent place to stay. The garage was fine, but there was no elevator, and very few handicapped spots, so you'd have to drop your handicapped loved ones off at the "back" entrance before you parked. Overall, I'd stay here again, but perhaps I'd choose the HoJo further down the boardwalk due to the noticeable increase in police presence everywhere. The hotel itself was rather small, but no real complaints here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 90 room hotel located in the middle of the famous Ocean City Boardwalk. We are in close proximity of any amenity you could want. Walk right out our front door to the beautiful Ocean City beach! You’re not just a guest with us, your family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Oceanfront Plaza Hotel Ocean City Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel
- Howard Johnson Plaza Ocean City Md
- Howard Johnson Ocean City
- Ocean City Howard Johnson