“I enjoyed everything about the Howard Johnson Oceanfront...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #18 of 106 hotels in Ocean City

443 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Finally getting around to writing a review from my stay President's day weekend.

I was a bit skeptical when my girlfriend suggested this hotel for our weekend trip to O.CShe had stayed there before and said it was remodeled, and very nice.I had only remebered this chain as being run-down and lame.I was pleasantly surprised,The (free upgraded)oceanfront room was fantastic and we had the hotel on sunday night totally to ourselves.There wasn't much going on in O.C that time of the year,but,we both enjoyed the solitude of the beach and boardwalk.I saw one of their pamphlets for 2013 and our room listed for 350 a night in the summer.You would have to be insane to pay that rate,but for an off-season ''steal''we were happy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Wellsboro
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this motel several times in the past. We are all for going "green", but they may have gone too far. The water pressure in the showers, not sinks or toilets, have been cut back to less than 3 gpm. This might not seem like a big deal, but I do enjoy a good shower to get me going in the morning. I wonder if anyone has considered how much longer guests, especially with long hair, will need to stay in the shower in order to get their hair clean. We also were not told that they were changing the locks on the rooms. When we returned the key card did not work. Again, it was not a big deal, but it would have been nice to have been told that when we checked in. At least that way, we would have known to go directly to the lobby before going up to our room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Howard Johnson Oceanfront Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Oceanfront Plaza Hotel

Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel
Howard Johnson Plaza Ocean City Md
Howard Johnson Ocean City
Ocean City Howard Johnson
Address: 1109 Atlantic Avenue, Ocean City, MD 21842
Location: United States > Maryland > Ocean City
Bar / Lounge Beach Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#6 Business Hotel in Ocean City
#10 On the Beach Hotel in Ocean City
#14 Family Hotel in Ocean City
#18 Top resorts Hotel in Ocean City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Howard Johnson Oceanfront Plaza Hotel 2.5*
We are a 90 room hotel located in the middle of the famous Ocean City Boardwalk. We are in close proximity of any amenity you could want. Walk right out our front door to the beautiful Ocean City beach! You’re not just a guest with us, your family! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Wyndham, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Howard Johnson Oceanfront Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Oceanfront Plaza Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.