“Dirty overall” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Baltimore, Maryland
“Dirty overall”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Pass on this place the smell from the dumpsters is overwhelming by the front door the room was filthy the staff unfriendly dining was a long wait for breakfast place is not worth the money but it is on the beach and the boardwalk, if it weren't they could probably shut it down and no one would notice

• Stayed August 2013
Michelle G, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
I am disappointed to hear that your stay was not satisfactory and I apologize for that. I have brought these issues to the attention of the Director of Housekeeping and Restaurant Manager so they can be corrected. We want all of our guests to be comfortable and enjoy their stay, and I am embarrassed for you to say that you did not. Please contact me directly upon your next stay to Ocean City should you give us your trust again, so we have a chance to make this right. Have a great rest of your summer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The staff were friendly, we arrived late as the bar was closing and the bartender remained open so we could quench our thirst! First impressions are lasting ones, and the rest of our stay was excellent!

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the ocean are awesome!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay here at the Grand Hotel & Spa! I will be sure to tell the Restaurant Manager to praise the bartender on their outstanding service. I'm sure winding down with a drink once you arrived was just what you needed, and I'm glad we could provide that for you! :-) See you next summer!
Pittsburgh, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We enjoyed the hotel being close to the boardwalk and ocean. The rooms were a nice size. We had two queen beds and a rollaway bed and there was still plenty of room. I would recommend to friends. We had no problems with the staff during our stay and think the rooms were just a bit overpriced but considering the location and how convenient that was, we would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate you taking the time to write a review! When you are traveling to Ocean City for your next vacation be sure to either check our website or call us directly to see if we have any specials! You can get a more affordable rate sometimes if you book in advance and we would love to have you back a second time. Have a great rest of your summer!
Arlington, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I spent three nights here between August 22-25 and loved it. It was her 1st time...my 4th time (but had been over 10 years since my last stay). The complimentary parking is great. Had no problems with check-in and found the staff very nice. We stayed in a Signature Ocean Front room. Is it expensive? Yes. It it worth it? That depends. For us, it was...we love the beach and sound of the waves crashing. It is expensive though and that is what you pay for. So really...it depends on what you are looking for. As for the room...no bells and whistles, which is fine. We used it to get ready in the AM and sleep at night...the rest of the time we were on the beach or balcony. The shower is OK. A fair amount of mold and the curtains could be replaced. Overall...have been in much worse, but it is something to make note of since these rooms are very expensive, especially in peak-season months. Location is great...right on the boardwalk, but far down from all the action and noise that the start of the boardwalk brings.

Would I recommend? I sure would...but ultimately it comes down to what your needs are.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We enjoyed having you back here at the Grand Hotel & Spa, and hope to see you again sometime soon.
Silver Spring, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This hotel gets 3 stars because its location is fantastic, the view from our room was great, and there was ample parking. I could tell the Grand Hotel was once very but now: it needs updating, the housekeeping needs improvement, and the various eateries in the hotel (the cafe, the ice cream shop, and pizzeria) should take credit or debit cards. And given the price of the rooms, I expected there to be a bit more attention to detail and for my room to be vacuumed at least once. The hotel served its purpose for the labor day weekend, but I cannot recommend that anyone stay there longer than 2 days.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are aware that the hotel is in need of some renovations, and during our off-season we have the time to update what is needed. I am glad you did enjoy some of the features we have here at the hotel, and I hope you will return to us on your next vacation despite your minor frustrations.
Hillside, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I love this hotel and the staff they have. I been coming to this hotel for a few years and it gets better every time, I went to the Spa and I was in HEAVEN, never felt so good, NOT to mention the Polish girl who cleaned my room she was so good I never had a great person to go on and above for the guest, I tipped her everyday I was there, I also added an extra night I didn't want to leave. The 24hour bakery is so good, They also have very good pizza and so much more, The outdoor pool, game room my hubby and kids love it they added more games, weight room this time I used it. I really love this hotel and u will 2. Front Desk has a great staff, not to mention this is the ONLY Hotel in OCMD that has a SPA and is right on the board walk, This Hotel has a lot of accommodations then any other Hotel in OCMD. I give this Hotel 200% above guest satisfaction I stayed August 17-25 and didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: you cant go wrong with this place. I had a side view. but It looked like an ocean view with the boar...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Michelle G, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you so much for all of your kind words about our hotel! I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the service and facilities to be of an excellent standard. We love our return guests and look forward to seeing you each year!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the ocean front king jacuzzi suite in the 12th floor for a high price which i was expecting to pay BUT i was also expecting at least 4 star/ high end hotel experience. That was not met.
---///////--------////////-------///------
Housekeeping sucked!!!!! They never replaced or even rinsed out our in room coffee cups or glasses. Didnt clean dining table or change bed linens during stay. Didn't replace or clean out candles from jacuzzi. Didn't throw away empty pizza boxes that didn't fit in trash can.
Hotel staff was nice enough but they were all young college and exchange students which is fine but they lack the four diamond hotel service you expect when your paying $400 a night.
The balconies are small.
Its not a bad hotel but its definitely not a four or five star hotel. Having stayed in almost ever hotel in ocean city over the last 20 years i don't think there is a lux hotel in Oc.
To sum it up, i could have gotten the same views, location, and lackluster service at harrison hall, days inn, boardwalk one or Howard Johnson's and stayed for a whole week for what i paid for 3 nites.

• Stayed August 2013
Michelle G, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
I appreciate you bringing to my attention the unpleasant experience you had at our hotel. We encourage guests to tell us of our mistakes so we can use them as a training tool and correct them. Upon receipt of your comments I immediately spoke to our Director of Operations and the Director of Housekeeping who are investigating the matter and will respond back to me point by point to ensure that we learn from this opportunity and prevent any re-occurrence. The level of cleaning was clearly not in keeping with the high standards we strive to maintain and exceed, and I apologize for that. Please allow us to make this up to you on your next trip to Ocean City.

Been to Grand Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!