“GREAT TIME!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 107 hotels in Ocean City
Westminster, Maryland, United States
“GREAT TIME!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We went to the Grand and had no expectations, and had a WONDERFUL TIME!!!! The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean, nice beds, and a great veiw for not ocean front! We are already planning our next visit!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Michelle G, Front Office Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for your sharing your experience with us here at the Grand Hotel & Spa. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff took great care of you! We truly appreciate all of your pleasant feedback and cannot wait to have you back again!

792 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Hershey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Rooms are poorly decorated and the beds very uncomfortable. Heating/cooling system in the room was very loud and made for a difficult night of sleep. The staff didn't make any effort to be friendly or helpful (especially the coffee shop staff). I was considering using the spa services, but didn't want to spend the extra money to experience more unhappy employees. I am glad I stayed at an "off-season" price because the room is not worth "in-season" rate. Hotel location and view of the ocean from the room was great, but didn't "make-up" for the poor experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I am very sorry to hear that you had a less than pleasurable stay. Our goal is to exceed every guest's expectations and provide them with outstanding service. Customer service is our number one priority, so I apologize this did not happen during your most recent stay. We truly treasure your feedback and would love the opportunity to win back your trust and prove our commitment to providing superior service. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss this matter further because I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to make it right. We hope to see you again during your next visit to the Ocean City area.

Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The customer service is terrible and the wifi in the rooms suck. I also found a bug in the room which didn't come as a surprise to the receptionist, which made me even more worried about the hotel. Every time I called the front desk about the wifi they said they'll fix it but nothing changed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Because of the size of the hotel, we do sometimes encounter problems with the wireless connection throughout the building. I would like to assure you that the issues with the Wi-Fi have been addressed and it is now fixed. I am also sorry that you found a bug in your room. As the hotel is on the ocean, it is likely that insects will come in through the sliding glass doors when they are open. I hope these isolated incidents will not deter you from visiting us again during future trips to the Ocean City area. We certainly do appreciate your business and thank you for providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or other concerns.

Blacksburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

we stayed there for 5 days , first day when we arrived kids and me we were so exited and happy, as soon as we want to check in the receptionist lady was very rude and she never smiled at us, she told us they don't have any room except only one left at the third floor by the corner, we still say okey and she gave us horrible room , the room was dirty and looking at the other buildings, we suprised and other day the management changed our room, they gave us the 6th floor nice view room but room was smelling so bad and i did not get any sleep all 4 nights, management was horrible and the hotel was very dirty, even loby was smelling sooo bad.,..Dirty, Rude , horrible service and too noisy.................

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Michelle G, Front Office Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We always strive to provide our customers with the best customer service and cleanest rooms in Ocean City, and I apologize this was not the case during your most recent stay. Unfortunately, because you did check into the hotel during the middle of the convention you were attending, we were very limited on the number of rooms available. These rooms were available to the group on a first come, first serve basis, and there were no ocean view rooms vacant during your check in. However, as soon as one became available, we did make it a priority to move you into a room with a better view as you had originally requested. I do wish you had expressed your concerns with your second room to us so we could have had the chance to make it right. Your satisfaction is our priority and I am very sorry that we failed you. I hope this isolated incident will not deter you from visiting us again in the future.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have been to your Hotel just 3 times and each has been pure joy. This is however the first time I entered the Pizza shop and although the food was good, the health department will close them down if they go and see the ceiling fans and how disgustingly dirty they are. It makes you not want to go back again for fear of contacting a germ from the air that is circulating. I will certainly not go in again, unless they are forced to clean.
Sorry, it just does not fit with your image.

Room Tip: Ocean front are the best. The mornings are just gorgeous when the sun is rising.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. The poor cleanliness of the Food and Beverage outlets is not the normal standard of quality that we hold ourselves to at the Grand Hotel & Spa. I apologize that this was the case during your most recent trip. I have forwarded this information to our Food and Beverage department and will ensure that this situation is rectified. We most certainly appreciate your loyalty to the Grand Hotel & Spa and we do hope to see you again in the future.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We are return guests to the Grand Hotel for the Holiday season. The room furnishings are adequately done. The check-in and out process is fast. We really don't use any of the hotel's amenities. The whole purpose of the trip is R&R and retail therapy!! The Grand Hotel is aduequate for our purpose.

Room Tip: Always ask for Direct Ocean View- you can't beat it!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Michelle G, Front Office Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for all of your kind words regarding your stay with us! We appreciate your loyalty to the Grand Hotel & Spa and we look forward to having you back for next year’s holiday season!

Frederick, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is a review for the Acqua Day Spa. We did not stayed at this hotel. On a wonderful trip to Ocean City December 20& 21 2012, I took my mother in law for her first massage ever! She recently retired from retail and this was her first holiday season off work. Karen at the Spa took great care of her. Letting her know what she was doing and keeping my mom in law comfortable at all times. She is still talking about the great experience! I had the best massage I have ever had. Sharon S. was extremely professional and very knowledgeable. She had a perfect touch and afterwards I felts so relaxed! I have about two massages a year and this one is definitely worth the drive!!

Room Tip: Not applicable.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our Spa! We are always happy to hear feedback about the amenities on our property. Although you did not stay at the hotel during this visit to the Ocean City area, we do hope that you will consider us on your next trip!

Front Office Manager

Been to Grand Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!