This hotel really is very well put together. It is in a great location, has a nice outdoor pool area and hot tub, indoor pool, fresh fruit available, a small kitchen and lots of other amenities to make your stay enjoyable.
We used Priority Club Rewards points for our stay, but the price that they charge for this hotel is just crazy. It's not that it is out of line with other beach hotels in the area, its just that for what they charge you think you would be staying at the Ritz Carlton and not a Holiday Inn. Beach front hotels in Ocean City are just very expensive.
I didn't give this 5 stars for two reasons. First of all we are priority club platinum members. We always are treated very well as platinum members. We were not given anything special as a Platimum member. Not even a Thank you for staying with us. We were only given a side view room where normally we would get a room upgrade. We did speak to the manager and he said that the hotel was completely booked. However, while we were initally disappointed in the side view room, we actually like the view. We were on the 8th floor and could see the inlet and watch the fishing boats come in. We could see the boarwalk rides, the ocean and the bay. So there was actually a lot of view. Much more than just the ocean front view.
At other Holiday Inns as a platinum member, you generally get a welcome gift like a bottle of water, a bag of cookies etc. Just a small item. There was nothing at this hotel. I even asked the manager about it and he said they just don't do it. They treat all guests equally. So it is what it is. I won't mark them down too much for that but dont expect anything for being a platinum member.
The other issue that I have with the hotel for the price is the tiredness of the room. The coach looked old and dated and the kitchen was as well. It wasn't a big deal but again for the price, it should be top of the line.
However everything else about the hotel is great. They have a washer and dryer to use on each floor which was a nice touch, even though for a short stay we didnt use them. They even let you keep your car there the day you check out and provide a courtesy room for showering and changing after you enjoy the beach and pools. So you are welcome to stay for the day you check out and this is a very nice feature.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury all-suite hotel located directly on the beach & boardwalk. Over-sized suites with separate living room, bedroom, and kitchens including residential size dishwasher, range, refrigerator, microwave, and tons of cabinet space filled with dishes, utensils, and cookware. Private balconies overlooking the ocean feature a dining table and chairs for four person. Elegant, large bathrooms with Jacuzzi tubs in every room. Elevated outdoor pool and expansive deck overlooking the beach. Four story atrium with indoor pool, open-air restaurant, fitness center, and game room. Meeting facilities. Guest laundry on every floor, free HBO & Disney channel, complimentary newspaper, coffee and fruit. Video tape players & computer data ports in every room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Ocean City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotels And Suites Ocean City Hotel Ocean City
- Ocean City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ocean City Maryland
- Holiday Inn Ocean City Md