Stayed for four days during the tail end of August. By far, the nicest hotel in the area, especially with regards to the outdoor pool. Although my kids were too old (13-19) to enjoy the slides, the younger ones really seemed to enjoy it. Very easy direct beach access, except beware, there are three flights of concrete steps (at least 30 steps or so) leading to the beach. The steps were always clean and dry, but if you are visiting with anyone with limited mobility, these steps would definitely be a problem. You can, however, go around through the parking garage of the hotel to avoid them. There are a few shops at the base of the hotel on the boardwalk, which was convenient, especially considering that my son forgot his flip flops at home. Easily rectified. Also, there is a CVS right across the street for milk, bread, and other essentials, so if you only need the bare minimum, don't bother venturing out to a supermarket, you can get everything you need there.
The location is great, the walk to the main boardwalk area was probably about a mile, but it goes so fast that it doesn't feel nearly that long and there's a tram that runs the length of the boardwalk for $3.00 per person if you don't feel like walking.
As far as negatives for the hotel, there weren't many. The biggest complaint I have is that although Wi-Fi is advertised, it is DEFINITELY not available throughout the suite. The suite has a living room, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and balcony. The ONLY place in the room that I was able to connect to the Wi-Fi was in the living room and even then, the single was poor. The Wi-Fi accessibility in the pool area was also sporadic, some places, you could connect, others you could not. This probably wouldn't bother most people, but it was a terrible inconvenience for me personally, enough that it could prevent me from staying here again. To add insult to injury, when I reported it to the front desk, I was simply handed the access code with a shrug and told to "try again."
Also, the coffee pot in the room is a tiny 4-cup coffee pot, and although it brewed excellent coffee, if you have more than two coffee drinkers, it's definitely not enough! The hotel provides coffee (regular and decaf), but it is contained in its own pre-packaged filter, so if you bring your own coffee (which I did), make sure you bring the small filters too (which I did not!).
The balcony was great. You can hear the ocean at night, it is very soothing and the views of the sunrise in the morning were amazing. I would definitely recommend paying the extra money for the oceanfront room, it is more than worth it. We were on the 6th floor and although the noise from the pool area during the day did travel upwards, you couldn't hear it with the balcony doors closed.
The fitness center was well equipped with a couple of treadmills, bikes, an elliptical and some weight machines. The machines were all in good condition and they have a few flat screens mounted in each corner of the room so that you could watch while working out, if you chose to do so.
The indoor pool seemed a little cloudy, but the kids did use it one night with no complaints. By comparison, the outdoor pools were very clean, especially considering the amount of people in them!
All in all, as stated, the hotel is by far the best choice in the area. I might venture a little farther north next time, just to save a couple of bucks, because it was quite pricey and we took the car everywhere we went (with the exception of the boardwalk) anyway so it doesn't really matter if you're not staying in the center of the action.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury all-suite hotel located directly on the beach & boardwalk. Over-sized suites with separate living room, bedroom, and kitchens including residential size dishwasher, range, refrigerator, microwave, and tons of cabinet space filled with dishes, utensils, and cookware. Private balconies overlooking the ocean feature a dining table and chairs for four person. Elegant, large bathrooms with Jacuzzi tubs in every room. Elevated outdoor pool and expansive deck overlooking the beach. Four story atrium with indoor pool, open-air restaurant, fitness center, and game room. Meeting facilities. Guest laundry on every floor, free HBO & Disney channel, complimentary newspaper, coffee and fruit. Video tape players & computer data ports in every room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Tingo, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Ocean City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotels And Suites Ocean City Hotel Ocean City
- Ocean City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ocean City Maryland
- Holiday Inn Ocean City Md