We stayed here in the summer of 2011 and our kids love the pool area. I would have to complain about the lack of supervision and the early 6PM closing time. It would have been nicer if it were open later, but my main complaint is the life guard. We used the pool three times on this stay and had the same female life guard each time. She just did not care about her job, and it showed. She never got off of her chair and from her position, she can only see half the pool. If someone were in trouble on the other side, she would never know. Also, there were always older teenagers there causing trouble, and even when it was brought to her attention, and she acknowledged the behavior was wrong, she refused to correct it. Seems she was scared to speak to anyone over the age of 10 or so. The teenagers ran rampant, probably because they knew they would not get into trouble. They were climbing over walls, cutting off little kids in line, sliding down the children's slide 4-5 kids at a time, bumping into little ones at the bottom. My husband stood at the top of the slide and I stood at the bottom in order to protect our children. Finally, my husband addressed their awful behavior with them, and they decided to leave the pool. 4 parents walked up to thank him for speaking up. He shouldn't have had to though, the life guard should have done it. She might as well not even be there, for the little work she did.
The front desk staff is wonderful. We were to leave this hotel and spend the weekend at another, and our reservations fell through. The staff took calls from us every day attempting to extend our visit, even though they were filled to capacity. When something opened up, they took care of us wonderfully. We were able to extend our trip by an additional 4 days, with a room switch, and everyone was great about it. They gave us extended check out in our old room and offered the first room clean in the new room so we had no lag time, we went right from one room into the next. The kids loved the Jacuzzi tubs, we loved the three heads in the shower, a wonderfully relaxing shower! The full kitchens were great, a full size fridge is a big plus.
The Coral Reef café has greatly improved. Last time we were there, we did not like it at all, but this time, we ate there several times. The breakfast is not very good, but the lunch and dinner are excellent.
There is fresh fruit available at the desk every day and twice there were no bananas, to the great dismay of our 4 year old daughter. And each time, someone stopped what they were doing and went in the back to get her the bananas she wanted.
Right on the boardwalk, the location is great. Can't beat it, and I'm sure we will be back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury all-suite hotel located directly on the beach & boardwalk. Over-sized suites with separate living room, bedroom, and kitchens including residential size dishwasher, range, refrigerator, microwave, and tons of cabinet space filled with dishes, utensils, and cookware. Private balconies overlooking the ocean feature a dining table and chairs for four person. Elegant, large bathrooms with Jacuzzi tubs in every room. Elevated outdoor pool and expansive deck overlooking the beach. Four story atrium with indoor pool, open-air restaurant, fitness center, and game room. Meeting facilities. Guest laundry on every floor, free HBO & Disney channel, complimentary newspaper, coffee and fruit. Video tape players & computer data ports in every room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Tingo, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Ocean City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotels And Suites Ocean City Hotel Ocean City
- Ocean City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ocean City Maryland
- Holiday Inn Ocean City Md