“Okay but over priced” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 107 hotels in Ocean City
Reading, pennsylvania
“Okay but over priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here for Crusin Weekend the first weekend in October 2012. Location is great, we had a king suite with a jacuzzi in the room. Room was clean but cold and uninviting. The jacuzzi is in the bedroom and all of the floors are tiled. No carpeting so it felt like we were in a display room. The price we paid was over $500 for two nights. Since we waited too late in the season we had very few choices, thats on me. The other thing that this place lacks was parking. There are not enough spaces for the rooms and parking spots are tight. Most of the parking is under the hotel and there is a separate parking lot two blocks away. We had breakfast in the restaurant and it was fantastic. Being is an ocean front room topped the weekend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ocean City, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Joe T,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are glad you liked the breakfast selections we offer and found the location of our hotel to be convenient. We apologize you were not satisfied with the setting of your room accommodations and the rates was less than satisfactory. Prices vary depending on the dates and are competitive within the area. We also apologize our parking situation fell below your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

572 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Chesapeake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on a whim. It was my birthday and we wanted to do something different. We live in Va., so we did a little gambling at Ocean Downs and then came to the hotel. I was a little undernerved at first about parking and it seemed like we where coming in a back entrance.The front desk is on the second floor, which was different for me. Anyway we got a suite and let me tell you it was breath taking. It was huge, full fridge, oven, a bathroom you could live in(3 shower heads) and 2 large rooms. It also had a spa tub in the bedroom. There are 2 restaurants we ate at the casual restaurant. The food was awesome and so was the atmosphere. We will be back for sure and take this experence with us when looking for hotels in other cities. Good Job Holiday Inn !!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I loved our stay here. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was spotless. We stayed on the 11th floor and had an amazing view of the ocean. Even though our room was near the elevators, we never heard a thing from outside the room. We will surely stay here again in the future!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stay here every January for 4 nights with family, we always get the same two rooms on the second floor. It was nice to see that the TV's had been upgraded to flat screens. The pool seems to have gone downhill in recent years. It was definitely not as warm as in years past, and this year it was very cloudy. Pots and pans could use an upgrade, as could carpet. Overall however, our stay was very enjoyable, front desk was helpful as always. Housekeeping is excellent. Any shortages of towels or linen needs are addressed very timely. We did experience noise from the excersise room at midnight one night and the front desk quickly took care of it (I guess in a Karma kind of way, the next night someone complained about our loud talking!). At any rate, the rates are very reasonable, food is still above average for a hotel restaurant and the overall experience is a very positive one. We will be back next year for sure.

Room Tip: Avoid floors 4 and 9 as 3 and 8 are smoking floors and smoke rises!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Gambrills, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

For the past 2 years, My family,friend and I have been staying at The Holiday Inn in OC and it is great. The 1st year that we stayed there we had rented an oceanfront suite which was beautiful and was perfect for my friend and I to sit on the balcony at night and have sodas and watch the waves and the people walking on the boardwalk. The pools were great because there was a kiddie pool with a waterslide,mini lazy river and a whirlpool that seemed to be popular with the kids and was always crowded!
My family's summer vacations have always been amazing in OC.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Easton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in January, with another couple, for a quick overnight getaway. Our suite was very clean, very spacious, and the bed was extremely comfortable. A couple of the cabinet doors in the kitchen were a little tricky, but nothing that a screwdriver wouldn't fix.The hotel is in a great location, right on the boardwalk, and the staff was very pleasant from check in to check out. The breakfast in the restaurant was very good, and very reasonable. Would definitely stay here again, especially for the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chestertown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This hotel is a special place for my girlfriend and I as it was the 1st place went traveled together. For that reason, I used our room at the hotel to propose to my gf. I contacted the manager, Chris, and asked for a couple a special accommodations. Chris was wonderful to work with and did everything I requested. We has a room on the 14th floor, corner suite, with jacuzzi tub.

We have stayed here several times. The room is always spotless and quiet. I have never heard doors slamming, people talking, tv's etc while her. The staff are extremely friendly and accommodating. the parking spots are wide enough not to get your car dented by someone else. The restaurant is adequate. The hotel sits right on the boardwalk with stunning views of the ocean. From our room, we could see the ocean, the bay and the inlet. The kitchen is clean and well stocked. the beds are comfortable and I love the three headed shower.

If you want it right, stay here...BTW, my girlfriend said yes!

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room. The view of the street is boring to say the least
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Ocean City? Share your experiences!