“Would stay here again” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 107 hotels in Ocean City
Easton, Maryland
“Would stay here again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in January, with another couple, for a quick overnight getaway. Our suite was very clean, very spacious, and the bed was extremely comfortable. A couple of the cabinet doors in the kitchen were a little tricky, but nothing that a screwdriver wouldn't fix.The hotel is in a great location, right on the boardwalk, and the staff was very pleasant from check in to check out. The breakfast in the restaurant was very good, and very reasonable. Would definitely stay here again, especially for the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

568 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Chestertown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This hotel is a special place for my girlfriend and I as it was the 1st place went traveled together. For that reason, I used our room at the hotel to propose to my gf. I contacted the manager, Chris, and asked for a couple a special accommodations. Chris was wonderful to work with and did everything I requested. We has a room on the 14th floor, corner suite, with jacuzzi tub.

We have stayed here several times. The room is always spotless and quiet. I have never heard doors slamming, people talking, tv's etc while her. The staff are extremely friendly and accommodating. the parking spots are wide enough not to get your car dented by someone else. The restaurant is adequate. The hotel sits right on the boardwalk with stunning views of the ocean. From our room, we could see the ocean, the bay and the inlet. The kitchen is clean and well stocked. the beds are comfortable and I love the three headed shower.

If you want it right, stay here...BTW, my girlfriend said yes!

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room. The view of the street is boring to say the least
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

All places at OC get beat up after awhile. It's inevitable because people use and abuse the spaces and they think because its not their home they can do anything they want. Most of the places are great when they are new but after awhile they get so much wear and tear that its expensive and not worth the money you pay.

• Stayed November 2012
Salisbury, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Most of Ocean City, Maryland is closed after Labor Day, so the rates are lower, but the weather is still good. We booked two rooms, one on the ocean front as HQ for the family, and the other, a non-ocean front as sleeping quarters for the kids. The rooms are identical, except for the facing. The bedroom area of our 5th floor room had a balcony overlooking the pools and the boardwalk and was quite nice. The sauna/hot tub was in the bedroom. The kitchen was fully equipped and the bathroom had a large walk-in shower. The only downside was the "diningroom" which was by the door into the apartment. There was no light anywhere near the dining table, so we used the area to stage the takeout food we had purchased, The beds were very comfortable.

The Coral Reef Cafe and Hemingway's restaurant have the same kitchen and same menu. The cafe has a bar atmosphere and televisions. The restaurant has table clothes and no TV.

Unlike most of this resort community, parking was not a problem. We had two rooms, two cars and two parking spaces and the hotel was full.

The pool area was great. The shallow end is walk-in and there are slides and comfortable wading areas for youngsters and for the older folks.

When the weather suddenly turned sour, we cut our stay short by one day with no penalty.

We're planning on making this hotel the site of an annual vacation in late September or early October.

Room Tip: All the Ocean Front rooms are true Ocean Front, with a balcony overlooking the pools, the Boardwalk...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Been staying there for several years and have also traveled with friends. Always have a nice clean room and friendly service. The food at the Coral Reef is also very good and happy hour is a plus. The manager Brian was very helpful and accommodating. Looking forward to another short stay in January!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Williston, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Family was coming from all over to meet in Ocean City for my mothers 50th birthday. When we walked into the room, we were surprised by the full suite, walking right into the living room. Immediately I had to go check out the Jacuzzi tub and rain shower head, which I was totally a fan of (bought bubble bath). Yelling for my fiance to come look, he was equally screaming for me to come find him. I walked through the bedroom and found him out on the balcony listening to the waves coming in and how quite the beach was. It was so beautiful. The next morning this was exactly where I found myself at 7 am to watch the sun come up (picture below). The beds were comfortable and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I was having a fruit bouquet delivered to the hotel for my mom's birthday so I went to the front desk and both gentlemen were very helpful. She was close by and the desk clerk didn't want her catching a glimpse of it so he ran up a flight of steps and then took the elevator the rest of the way. If I had to say one thing is they did not leave more towels when they cleaned our room. It wasn't such a big deal because we were only there two nights and didn't find the time to ask for more. Other than that I will definitely be back again.

Room Tip: we were on the fourth floor and it was perfect. Also I guess other rooms had instructions but ours...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Would have given it a four star had it not been for the strong smell of smoke in the living room area of the suite, even though they are supposed to be a smoke free hotel. They could not accommodate us when we asked for a different room. We were only there for 2 nights so we just stayed in the bedroom area to avoid the smell. The shower was very weak, it was actually a jacuzzi with a spray shower coming from the ceiling. The view was nice, the size of the room was good, it was clean and the beds were comfortable. Great location, being on the boardwalk was convenient.

Room Tip: We had a room on the side on the 9th floor, although not oceanfront, it had a view of the beach and...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ocean City, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear team222,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. It is great to hear that you found the room clean and the beds comfortable. I also appreciate that you liked the location. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced over the smell of smoke and the issue with the shower. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Ocean City? Share your experiences!