“Nice surprise - Holiday Inn a better value than Marriott (this from a Gold member)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Ocean City

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 107 hotels in Ocean City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Our second trip to OC this summer. I stayed at the Courtyard with my kids and it was decent but overpriced (see my review). We saw the Suites and decided to stay there. We had to settle for the only room available on the highest floor but it was large, staff great and the outside pool adult sized. Brian the manager was nice enough to allow me an extra parking for a friend who spent the day. Did not use the restaurants but saw many there. Parking under the building was always overcrowded at night but plenty of nearby satellite parking and 1 block to Dunkin Donuts. Nice laundry rooms w/o extra charges. Definitely a place to re-visit again. I'm a Platinum Priority member and got bonus points

Room Tip: book ahead
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

592 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Greencastle, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My family and I stayed here for 3 days in August. This was our 3rd time at this hotel. The location is great, right on the beach! They have a great kids pool with 2 water slides which my kids loved! They also had a magic show for the kids one evening. The front desk staff was friendly. Housekeeping definitely needs improvement. They were inconsistent and getting clean towels was like pulling teeth. With that being said we will be back next year.

Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

You can't go wrong booking this hotel. First location, location, location! It is on the beach right in the middle of the Boardwalk. Second, 3 pools! The child pool is perfect for kids with 2 slides and they even have a jacuzzi for the parents. Plus there is an adult pool and an indoor pool where there is a bar/restaurant. Third, the rooms are very spacious and clean. Fourth the staff is very nice and professional. Fifth, the food is very good and reasonably priced. Sixth, the beds are so comfortable. Lastly, free parking and the hotel is updated. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you stay on the first floor by the pool you may have to air out the room a bit or buy a candle fr...
Staten Island, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Visited OC this past Labor Day Weekend and stayed at the Holiday inn and Suites. We stayed at the Hilton last year but thought it might be a little more convenient to stay on the boardwalk, so we chose the holiday. What a mistake! The room we were given was 311, it was clean for the most part aside from the cigarette ashes that covered our balcony table, however the room was just very dated from rust cover fridge to wallpaper tearing off the corner wall, crack in the shower tile. The decor was unimpressive and the room had an odor to it not exactly sure how to describe it, not terrible but not fresh. My family and I went out for a few hours hoping to come back to rest for a while assuming the room would have been made up by now, only to find out our room doesn't get done until 2:30 in the afternoon, that happened twice. The pool is nice, waitresses and lifeguards were great, but I strongly felt the wristband rule was not enforced. I don't think everyone at the pool was actually staying at the hotel, since some of the people were actually in there full clothes, in the pool! The coral reef restaurant food was good, but our waitress, must have been in a rush cause she gave us the check before we even got out entrees!! We had a little rain and decided to go to (what we thought) was a heated indoor pool, only to find out it was not...or at least the heat was not on. the waitress in the restaurant assured us it was but it was freezing! even the host at the desk said he would check on it but nothing was done. The pools outdoors were warmer! Every guest that came inside to use the pool complained about it. Needless to say this will be our last time at the Holiday inn and suites, for $400 a night same as Hilton, the Hilton is the way to go, even if we have to drive a few blocks!! I'm posting a few pics of what I'm talking about...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ocean City, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear marissa g,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
New Rochelle, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was skeptical about staying here after reading a lot of negative reviews, but I am glad I didn't listen to them. This hotel was wonderful! I went down to OC for the first time with my husband and 2 children - aged 6 and 21 months for 5 days this past week. I think we went at a good time because it was the last week of August so the pool area and beach weren't that crowded, plus the room wasn't as expensive.

I read a lot of reviews about having to wait on line at 9 am to get a good seat at the pool but we always got there around 11 am and there was always seating. Again probably due to the fact that we went the last week of summer. The kids pool was awesome!!! My kids and I loved it. They have a lazy river so bring some floaties or inflatable tubes for the little ones. They also have 2 slides, a small pirate ship for the little ones and a larger slide for the big kids and adults.
There's also a larger pool for adults, but my kids were having too much fun at the kid's pool so we only went once or twice. There is also pool side food and drink service which was nice.

The hotel offers indoor eating areas as well. We ate dinner at one of their nicer restaurants, Hemingways, on 2 nights. The food was really good and kids eat free with each paying adult at both the inside and poolside food areas so the meals were pretty inexpensive. Hemingways is also a nice departure from all the hamburgers and fries we ate during the day.

All rooms are suites and are very spacious. There is a living room, kitchen, large bathroom with jacuzzi and the bedroom with balcony. There's a TV in the bedroom and one in the living room which was nice because my kids and I watched the Disney channel in the living room while my husband watched movies in the bedroom. A lot of reviews complained about how difficult it was to bathe the kids in the jacuzzi, I didn't see what the big deal was. My kids loved the jacuzzi. I also loved the view from the balcony. It was so nice to wake up to the sun and ocean view each morning.

Our room was directly in front of the elevators on the 3rd floor but I did not hear any noise. It was actually more convenient for us with our two little ones. We could just come out of our room, hop on the elevator and were 2 floors away from the lobby.

My only reasons for giving the hotel 4 stars were the indoor pool was freezing! The first day we got there at 4pm so we decided to use the indoor pool after eating dinner but it was so cold that we didn't enjoy it so we didn't go back in there again. Also I feel like housekeeping didn't do a great job. The first day they didn't come to clean up our room at all. At 7pm I called housekeeping so they could at least take out our garbage. We went to dinner and came back around 9:30pm, more than enough time for them to have come up, but the garbage was still there. I called housekeeping again, they apologized for not sending someone up and within 10 minutes they were there. They came the rest of the days but didn't really clean, just made the beds and changed the towels.
Other than that my family and I absolutely loved this hotel and are glad we chose it. We can't wait to go back to OC and stay here again.

Room Tip: Oceanfront Views are best
upstate NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We couldn't afford Oceanfront during the high peak season. We went in April with our 13 yr old Granddaughter.. Really liked the hotel. Although there is a risk of getting a little spray of water if you sit at one of the tables near the bar,on other side of pool seperated by lattice type fencing.

In the summers months when really busy, i imagine it can be pretty noisy too.

We enjoyed our stay, and look forward to a return trip.

The hotel was well maintained and clean and comfortable. Liked the location....

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This hotel is very convenient in terms of location but also the pools outside were perfect for a family. They have a water slide for kids which was great. The hotel room was very clean, spacious and what a view! The staff was ok, nothing disappointing but nothing outstanding. I would definitely go back here as we frequent OCMD often.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Holiday Inn Ocean City? Share your experiences!