“Disappointed beyond belief!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Toms River, New Jersey
“Disappointed beyond belief!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for the last 3 years and had a fabulous experience but this will be my last
Our first room was filthy. Dirt and grime in the kitchen. The refrigerator had a nasty odor and was spray painted white to hide all the rust stains. The air conditioning vent in the bedroom was not blowing air.
Called for the manager to view the room condition and HE was extremely apologetic and moved us immediately and our second room was ok but not worth the 529.00$ per night.
Pool area clean but cramped and I would have appreciated non-vulgar music from the pool bar .
Anyway next time the Hilton.

• Stayed August 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ocean City, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Lisa0413,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. It’s great to hear that our location was convenient for your activities. We strive everyday to create special experiences to our guests and I am truly sorry we did not manage this for your stay on this day. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had due to the condition of the room, air conditioning unit and kitchen amenities. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

We will definitely utilize your valuable comments to improve our services for future guest. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you the improvements made.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Elkridge, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I made reservations 2-3 months early and asked for a certain type room and asked for 8th floor or higher. I did not want the extra noise, wanted to hear the ocean. Confirmed my reservation several weeks prior and again asked for the 8th floor or higher. When I got there I was told my room was on the 2nd floor (right above the pools) and that the room I reserved did not go as high as the 8th floor. WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME THE 1ST 2 TIMES I CALLED? After almost having a meltdown they did find me a 6th floor room for the first night (but I had to switch to a 4 floor the 2nd night and lost a half a day without a room) They had to store my bags. After I decided not to let that ruin my vacation I did enjoy this hotel. The rooms were great, the pools were wonderful. The staff was very helpful especially the bellman and both the restaurant s were really good too. Great location, great view. Price a little high even for all that good. I'd go back if I had the extra money and now I know what to ask for when I made a reservation hopefully I’d get what I asked for.

Room Tip: Would give it a higher value if the rooms were a little less expensive. The corner rooms are the be...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Rising Sun, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for about 5 days. This hotel is immaculate. The room was very spacious. The balcony was nice and overseeing the ocean and pools. Great view. Had 2 queen beds, a sofa sleeper, jacuzzi tub, nice spacious bathroom. Everyone at this hotel was soooo nice and helpful. I broke my glasses the morning of the next to last day and the front desk had the repair man bring me some tape and helped me with my glasses. Was a laundry room on each floor, soda and snacks.... There was plenty of parking for a regular guest but my wife is handicapped. There was only 4 handicap spots I saw and they were always taken. Did not mind at all dropping off my wife at the front of the hotel and then parking in the additional lot but this was the only negative to the trip. On the boardwalk, 17th street, Coral Reef Restaurant Cinnamon French Toast is wonderful. I did think it was a little pricy though.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are ocean front. We were on the second floor overseeing the pools and it wa...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We just got back from two days at the hotel (using my rewards points). It was our first time at this hotel and in OC. I loved the view from our balcony (5th floor), the pools were perfect and loved that it was just steps away to the beach. We stayed on the beach in the morning, left our stuff on the beach, went to the pools and the pool bar in the afternoon and then went back to the beach. The hotel is within walking distance to many of the local restaurants. I was surprised to arrive and seeing that our room had a full kitchen and the nice sized bathroom. The room was very spacious for 4 people. My husband thought the room smelled a little musty and like cigarettes, but I didn't notice because I spent most of the time on the beautiful balcony. The pullout couch didn't look comfortable based on the mattress flatness to me, but my 13-year old son didn't mind it much. The staff were so friendly and even after we checked out, we stayed in the pool area and used the bathrooms before heading home for a 3-hr drive. The elevators get a little crazy during peak times. I don't know if they open the indoor pool -- it always seemed like the lights were off in it. Overall I thought the hotel was perfect. However, I was surprised to find out that the hotel price is in the $400-$500 range - which I think is overpriced.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sinking Spring, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Admittedly, I waited a little late in the season to try to book a hotel for the beach. I tried to book online and could not find available dates. I called the hotel and received extremely FRIENDLY and PROFESSIONAL service in finding dates that were available and reserving a room.

We stayed here in July with my 14-year-old daughter and her friend the same age.We stayed in a suite. It was nice to have the separate area to give them (and us) some privacy. Overall, it was a nice place to stay. A nice touch (especially at the beach) is the little laundry room at the end of the hall with washers and dryers. They came in handy in dealing with all of the usual sand overload. We will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

very very nice hotel. Pools are great, bar and restaurant are awesome. Only steps to the beach. Huge balcony overlooking the ocean. Suite had 2 queens & pull out sofa, 6 were extremely comfortable. Hotel is very up to date and housekeeping does an awesome job. If you cant enjoy yourself here just stay home.

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We just got back tonight from another outstanding week stay here, this made it our 4th year in row of staying here in OCMD. Everything has always been excellent staying here and any minor issues that we have ever had have always been corrected quickly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Ocean City? Share your experiences!