“Great place!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 106 hotels in Ocean City
Edison, New Jersey
“Great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on 126th Street. Great location, right in front of the Northside Park, which has a walking path around the bay, a pier to go crabbing on, a playing field, and a large grassy area where local bands play on the weekends. Bonus.....4th of July fireworks are displayed out of this park, which gives the Holiday Inn vacationers a bird's eye view of the beautiful fireworks right out of their window. Let's not forget the location of this hotel is right across the street from Ocean City's beautiful beach, next door to many great eateries and lots of parking. The staff here are all overly friendly and there is FREE breakfast every morning until 9am. Great place!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

170 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Booked this hotel for one night on short notice until our other hotel was available. Turned out to be such a good place I was sorry I didn't stay a couple of nights. Hotel appears relatively new and was very clean. Room was spacious and also very well made up. There was a small indoor pool and hot tub, with a larger outdoor pool right next to it. Breakfast started at 6:00 a.m. and was more extensive than the average hotel breakfast. Wide range of hot and cold items, the morning I was there the bacon and scrambled eggs were very good. Also biscuits and gravy, numerous pastries, breads, bagels, cereals, fruit, and yogurt. They also had the latest in hotel breakfast technology- An automatic pancake machine. Press a button and then watch a digital display as your two pancakes move through the machine to be ejected onto a plate at the end, they were pretty good pancakes! The hotel had adequate parking and good lighting in the area.
This hotel is on the western side of the Coastal Highway but the light and crosswalk at the end of the drive made crossing easy and safe. The beach was about two block away. Since you are so far uptown it is not crowded and seemed cleaner than in town. The beach is protected by lifeguards about 150 yards apart, so its easy to stay close to one. The area around the hotel has many stores and restaurants and is about 20 blocks from a couple of good mini-golf courses at the Delaware state line. There is a large park with hiking/running trails behind the hotel. On the Sunday night we were there a concert and fireworks display took place. This is a good clean family friendly hotel, and a nice option to avoid some of the crowds.

Room Tip: Top floors, 4 and 5, are best. backside overlooks park and bay, front side 5th floor has distant oce...
Robbinsville, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I'm a fan of Holiday Inn Express, and this was no exception. We usually stay at a beachfront hotel, but due to making late reservations, it was not available. So we opted for this Holiday Inn Express in front of Northside Park. The hotel was very clean, with plenty of parking. The front desk staff, especially Josh, were very nice and helpful. The breakfast was adequate. We stayed for five nights. The outdoor pool was very nice and clean. The indoor pool was small, but I'm not a fan of indoor pools anyway. The walk to the beach was very easy...not a problem at all. It was nice having the park in the back of the hotel. We walked in it several times, morning or evening. The only complaint was the WIFI. Not reliable connection. Seems to be a known issue. We would stay her again.

Rosedale, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

First let me say that I am extremely picky when it comes to hotels. I was having a hard time choosing one for a last minute beach getaway. I always rely on trip advisor to help me make my choice. My husband and daughter booked this hotel and I couldn't have been more surprised! (because I had not looked at the good ratings first!) This hotel was great for a 2 night stay in the much more quiet north OC and on the bayside. I had never stayed up this far and would definitely come back. The hotel was clean- with my high standards says a lot! The room we had was a king and a pull out sleep sofa that my girls slept on. The king bed was great! I have trouble with most hotel beds being too hard,soft or squeaky and this was neither of those. The pullout sofa was your typical sleep sofa- with the uncomfortable spots from the framework. There was a table and two chairs to sit and eat at, and a nice comfy chair in the bed area to sit and relax in. The bathroom was spacious and clean!! There is a small but useful kitchen area tucked into the wall with a sink,small fridge and microwave and coffee pot. It was sufficient for our brief stay. The outdoor pool was nice,plenty of seating and not too crowded when we were there. The indoor pool was ok, small but they open up the glass doors to allow access from the outside pool to the inside pool. The complimentary breakfast each morning runs from 6a to 9:30a. The earlier the less crowded , but who is up too early on vacation?? The line will start to run long the later it gets. We chose to get our food and take it back to our room. The food choices were fine- juice ,coffee ,milk, yogurt ,scrambled eggs, biscuits/gravy, breads ,cinnamon rolls! and conveyor belt pancakes! Seriously the neatest thing to watch! The hotel staff were always nice. The nicest thing is the park behind the hotel-beautiful! Walkers and joggers each day,nice paved walk way, great thing to do and playground for the young kiddos. There are restaurants close by to walk to and the Abbey Burger Bistro is tucked into the side of the hotel- they have great burgers on the menu and you can build your own !! Even vegetarian options !! The beach is across Coastal Hwy- you can walk or get someone to drive the group over as we did and then walk back. The beach was not over crowded there. I would definitely come back here!! For the quiet,clean and cost with breakfast- it is a winner for me! It is also very family oriented!

Room Tip: The higher floors have better view of the park and bay.
baltimore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We went for four nights. Here are my comments. The indoor pool was cloudy and the hot tub was dirty until they drained and refilled it on our last full day. The lines for breakfast were long. The food was subpar but typical for a hotel breakfast. No Splenda for coffee. I don't think they switched out our sheets each day but just remade the beds. They became full of sand by our last night. The room was super moist. I don't think the air units were pulling out the condensation properly. The staff was kind and polite. Especially the front desk people. We will look into going to a different hotel next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ocean City, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear scarrmd,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is our second summer stay at this hotel. As others have said, great location and the service is consistent. Two things that are small, but still bother me.
The front door is a pull open door. Twice this trip, I had full hands and could not open the door! The front desk is too far away to motion or call them for assistance. Wouldn't a sliding automatic door be worth the investment? Most hotels have them. Second, we were on the 4th floor. The WiFi in the room really didn't work very well at all. Not a big deal unless you have small kids and thought you would be able to occupy them on a rainy day with Netflix or had to access the internet for something important. Disappointed with my call to the desk for help. Pretty much got an answer to try moving around the room and maybe you will connect....Sounded like they knew it was a problem. Not what I wanted to hear.
HI Express OK for a trip lasting a few days.

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My family and I have stayed at this HI Express for the last several years, and while the experience is still really good by OC Standards, we noted some slippage this year.

First the positives...location is and always will be EXCELLENT. Lots of services in the area, walking distance to the Dumser's Drivein (always awesome ice cream), quick cross of coastal highway to the beach and a beautiful park behind the hotel for my morning runs. Room is clean again by OC standards, and the breakfast is still top notch. Most of the desk staff (especially Josh) is very welcoming.

What went wrong this time - first time I've seen them run out of cinnamon rolls, and trust me, if you have ever had these, this will make you upset. Second - the room wasn't cleaned especially well from day to day, inconsistent at best. Third - we got a bit of a dress down one afternoon from someone on the desk staff regarding the level of sand still remaining on our son. News bulletin...this is the beach, that kind of thing can be hard to avoid. They welcomed us to use their hose (seriously) outside. Take a few dollars and install a spigot if you care that much.

Still a good stay and far better than most in OC. That said, I do see signs of it heading in the opposite direction.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Ocean City? Share your experiences!