“Ok for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Bum Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocean City
Beach Bum Motel
You added Beach Bum Motel to your Saves list
203 9th Street, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Special Price
Early Spring Special 10%
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Ok for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We just got back from staying at the Beach Bum Motel. We enjoyed our stay except for the very uncomfortable beds! If it weren't for that we would go back there again but that was the deal breaker for us. Other than that, everything else was great for the price....liked having a little kitchenette, there were no issues with parking, nice pool and only a couple of blocks from the beach. Can't beat it for the price - hope to hear they have made improvements to their beds and we would stay there again next year as we loved OC and are planning on going back next summer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BeachBummet, Manager at Beach Bum Motel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for your time for the comment. I apologize for your inconvenience regarding the bed. Most of our rooms had new carpets, TVs, furniture, and bedding since they were remodeled this year. Unfortunately due to a tight budget we could not remodel all our rooms. Our goal next year is to remodel all the remaining rooms. We should have new beddings in all if not most of our rooms for next year.

Manager

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Hanover, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Positives: Staff was friendly. Room was clean. Maid service was very good. Fresh linens were delivered daily. Pool was clean.
Negatives: Beds were very uncomfortable. Only got a few channels on an old TV with poor picture quality. Parking in the rear lot is hit or miss.
We stayed in an efficiency by the pool, which we thought was an upgraded room. The stove and microwave were new, but unit needs upgraded. Specifically the beds. Would prob stay again because the staff was so great, but would book by phone instead of online.

Room Tip: ask for an upgraded room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We have three different parking lots in the property assuring each room one free parking spot. Unfortunately the parking lot on the west of the pool is tight but the parking lot on the east of the pool has more space and vacant most of the times. Our staffs at the front desk should assist you with parking at any time.

Manager
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

A couple of friends and I stayed at beach bum for the week. All three of us loved the place. The pool was great and the rooms were huge. The first thing that came out of my mouth after entering the room was, "WOW"!!! The room was better than my expectation for the price that I payed. The entire Beach Bum staff were awesome. The housekeepers were wonderful, the people at the office were really nice, and the manager was a great guy. Our room was ready before the check-in time and he let us check-in early. He even walked with us to the room to make sure we liked it and that everything was ok. The entire week they made us feel that we were welcomed and comfortable. they were really nice people. I would highly recommend Beach Bum.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful review. The entire Beach Bum team is very happy that you loved our place. We are looking forward see you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Let me start off by saying thank you to the beach bum hotel for having a wonderful hotel for which we had a wonderful family vacation. I was a little skeptical when booking this hotel at first because of the mixed comments I read but I am so glad I went with my Instincts because the beach bum hotel was great for our family we arrived on tuesdays July 16 about an hour from our schedule check in me my husband and three small children 6yr twins n 2yr son our room was ready Nd had no problems with parking right out front in lot our whole stay. We stayed in room 15 which is one of there efficiencys the room was great the rugs were very clean we had no concerns with our children walking barefoot the beds very comfortable and sheets very clean the small kitchen area was perfect n also very clean all appliances appeared to be new. The bathroom was also fine n clean. We had only one small problem for some reason our refrigerator wouldn't work we couldn't get anything cold but freezer was fine I went down n notified the gentleman in the front office he came right back up with me looked at it himself said he was going to have it looked at right away we told him we be at the pool for awhile he returned to the pool about half hour later to say it wast fixed.Thank u to that gentleman u no who u are. Beach bum hotel n staff were very accommodating I need extra towels for kids the maid made sure I got them i even needed a can opener one day and the front desk provided me with one. We were even allowed to use the pool n park on there lot after check out if we wanted to. So bottom line we will be returning to the beach bum in the near future and already planning a full 7 day week next year. So thank u again beach bum hotel for a great stay. AND TO THE PEOPLE WHO HAD NEGATIVE COMMENTS TO SAY ABOUT BEACH BUM U OBVIOUSLY HAVE THIS PLACE MIXED UP WITH ANOTHER PLACE BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY I CAN SEE ANY OF IT BEING TRUE THIS I A WONDERFUL PLACE The Rausch Carroll family

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. The entire Beach Bum team is very happy that you loved our place. We are looking forward see you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our family stayed in the 2 double bed effiency last week and loved it! We didn't expect much due to the low price and location, but we were extremely satisfied! Extremely clean and spacious! Kitchen had microwave, stove top/oven and fridge! the beds were comfortable! Also we were Right in front of the pool and we even had a little picnic table on the porch that they kids enjoyed!! This place is such a steal for the price! Management and entire staff is extremly helpful and nice! I highly recommend this place and plan to use it again!

• Stayed July 2013
BeachBummet, Manager at Beach Bum Motel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review, we appreciate it. It was a pleasure to have you and your family as our guests here at Beach Bum. The Beach Bum family would love to welcome you and serve you again.

Maryland USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Wow what can I say but I was pleasantly surprise. I've been coming down to OC all my life.. lets say 50 some years :) and for the price you cant beat it. We had one of the efficiency by the pool. It came with 2 double bed and a kitchen.. full size range.. refrigerator.. and microwave. and bathroom.The place was more then clean matter of fact love to know what brand cleaner they use cause it smelled so nice.Management was very nice as well as the housekeeping as our room didn't come with daily maid service but they were always more then happy to give us extra towels and TP paper.. and when asked vac our room real fast for us. I spent over 3x as much last year for only 3 night we stayed 4. I am one that loves staying down where all the action is but finding a clean less expensive place in that area is hard to find.. well we found one.
We the Hash/Nyce family thank everyone at Beach Bum for making this years visit to OC a good one and we shall return :)

Room Tip: room 24 efficiency near pool was very nice
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was our first time in Ocean City, MD and we did not know where to go. We arrived in the city around 11 am so we had time to look and research our lodging options. We wanted to stay close to the middle of the board walk so we were looking for place anywhere between 8th to 14th st. Since it was weekend and the prices were pretty high. We had checked 5 or 6 different places before we found Beach Bum. We wanted to check the room before we booked it and they had no problem with it unlike the other motels in the area. The room was really big. It was an efficiency, had two beds and a kitchen in the room. The room was very big and clean, and smelled good as well. The price was very reasonable comparing to the neighboring places. The manager of the property himself walked with us and showed us the room. The people at the front desk were very nice and made us feel very welcomed. The only sad part was we wanted room for 3 nights, Thursday to Sunday but they were sold out for Saturday night. They offered us a great price for Thursday and Friday night and we took it. Saturday night I am staying at a different motel for a higher price and the room is very small and filthy. I wish he had made pre-reservation at Beach Bum for all 3 nights before they got all booked. I would highly recommend Beach Bum Motel and would definitely come back again and stay again. But next time I will plan ahead and reserve at least a week before the arrival date.

Room Tip: Pre-Book it, before it gets sold out.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Tribikya

Been to Beach Bum Motel? Share your experiences!